Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

Well, you do have a habit of saying all people who don't like him are morons. If you repeatedly called me a moron I'd probably want to kick your head in too.

If your reaction to being called a moron, is to kick peoples heads in, then you're probably a bit of a moron.

Yeah but this is the most popular Leicester forum by some way isn't it? I don't know where Talking Balls stands on the Pearson In/Out matter, but the only definitely Pearson out forum I know of is Bentleys roof and there's only about 4 posters on there so I stick by my suggestion that the polls on here give a fairly popular representation. And depending on the type of poll the mercury run, I imagine it got less votes than these ones do.

Here's the latest installment for anyone who's interested...

It still works on the assumption that people who follow a football forum represent a cross section of Leicester City fans, and that those who don't are - as you put it - stupid anyway.

Besides, whatever the majority think - myself included - we still appear to have been wrong. If the vote were repeated today I'd vote the same way, but if - as a wise woman once said - I could turn back time... Well, it would be fairly clear that I was wrong to think that Pearson was good enough to manage at this level. Hopefully he'll turn it round and spare all of our blushes, but I see very little point in being confrontationally pro-Pearson when we're in our current predicament.

Straight 442 was questionable.

Schwarzer was questionable.

RDL at LB was questionable.

Simpson questionable.

Wes questionable.

King questionable

Schlupp questionable.

Levels of motivation questionable.

Levels of concentration questionable.

Ability to take set pieces questionable.

What did he get right exactly?

90% of the other 'solutions' are questionable, if Konch played there would be more moaning, if RDL had played RB there'd be moaning, if Upson or Moore had played there would be moaning.

Polls on here, a forum which is well known for being pro-Pearson. It's like asking Daily Mail readers whether they liked Thatcher or not, or Mirror readers if they're going to vote Labour. There was a Mercury poll in 2013 which had a slight majority for Pearson Out when we were 70-30 Pearson In. So don't be too sure.

You state that Foxestalk is well known for being pro-Pearson.

Is it?  By whom is it known to be pro-Pearson?

90% of the other 'solutions' are questionable, if Konch played there would be more moaning, if RDL had played RB there'd be moaning, if Upson or Moore had played there would be moaning.

Yes, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that leaving 17m of attacking talent on the bench against Stoke, including our top scorer, and then failing to score was a bit odd.

Or playing Andy King and Danny Drinkwater ahead of one of the best midfielders in recent history, who has actually looked pretty decent this season even at 34, or taking off 17m of attacking talent when you need a goal and you're about to bring on the guy who might finally create a chance for them, or not playing that guy in the first place, or playing a guy who wasn't good enough at right back at left back or... we could go on. 

I'm not sure playing Albrighton ahead of Vardy or De Laet (with Schlupp at LB) would have been all that questionable. Or Cambiasso and/or Hammond ahead of either of the two CMs. Or Hamer ahead of Schwarzer.

These were strange, strange decisions - again. And they didn't work - again.

Never saw anything, but more interested in what was happening on th pitch.

However, with about four minutes left I was shouting to get forward, we could still something out of the match when the bloke next to me was being sarcastic, saying the game was over. Even started repeating what I was saying in urging the team forward, but in a condescending P taking fashion.

It's never over until the final whistle. I felt like hitting that guy, giving up before the match was over. So I can understand if passions were running high.

You state that Foxestalk is well known for being pro-Pearson.

Is it?  By whom is it known to be pro-Pearson?

Well, like I said a few years ago our poll was 70% pro-Pearson while the Mercury's was about 45%. And look at what the other forums say about us...

But, you know, I'm pro-Pearson too. And I was when this place was still pro-Sven, and argued my point. But at times I wonder whether we're just incredibly scared of change, or accepting that we might have got something badly wrong.

If your reaction to being called a moron, is to kick peoples heads in, then you're probably a bit of a moron.

You have now convinced me this forum is not the place for me thanks Mark I will sit in my season ticket seat and continue to support the club but not the manager as I do not agree with his approach and style but as you have stated I am clearly in the minority of people on this forum which you are clearly convinced represents the majority of leicester City fans.

Good bye

Yes, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that leaving 17m of attacking talent on the bench against Stoke, including our top scorer, and then failing to score was a bit odd.

Kramaric had only just arrived at the club and Ulloa was not fully fit.  These seem like perfectly reasonable reasons for them both to be on the bench.

The media picked up on '£17 million on the bench' but apart from as a sensational tagline, it doesn't really hold any water.

Never saw anything, but more interested in what was happening on th pitch.

However, with about four minutes left I was shouting to get forward, we could still something out of the match when the bloke next to me was being sarcastic, saying the game was over. Even started repeating what I was saying in urging the team forward, but in a condescending P taking fashion.

It's never over until the final whistle. I felt like hitting that guy, giving up before the match was over. So I can understand if passions were running high.

Good on you. I wish everybody else would have that approach. I'm all for having a balanced debate at the end of the game, but during it we should be fully behind the side, do all we can to let them know, and take the view that it isn't over till it's over.

That said, I still think the Pearson chants have more to do with defiance than with getting behind the side. And when it results in squabbles, it's perhaps a sign that it should go away until it deserves to see the daylight again - if our aim is to, as one, get behind our players. The right moment for getting behind the manager, as at most clubs, is when a manager appears to be doing a good job - even if it's not working out for him at the time. When a manager repeatedly makes out-of-the-hat decisions which give opposition sides a head start, and when a large section of our support resent him for doing so because we're getting shat on as a consequence - I'm not sure that's the moment. I'd have been all for us singing Wes Morgan's name after his own goal, so long as it didn't seem ironic, because it might have spurred him on to have a better game. But nobody seemed to do that.

As for Pearson, he is as bad a broken record as I remember with his 'total faith' in his players. Varying your message is one of the oldest motivational techniques in the book, and when we're doing badly he never does this. If it takes a 'Sheffield United moment' to make him shed the calm exterior, roll his sleeves up and demand more of his players, then maybe that's the best thing.

I am behind him. But I honestly believe vocally getting behind him serves no positive purpose whatsoever right now. The opposite, funnily enough, might.

It's not about wanting Pearson out, it's not about the out crowd versus the in crowd, so the poll wouldn't reflect - for eg, I want Pearson in because there is nobody better out there atm and it's too late in the season anyway, but I can at the same time hold my hands up and say that sometimes, Pearson is woeful. Today is one of those sometimes. Those sometimes are starting to happen a little too often. I've got nothing against the bloke, he's done well for us previously, but his selections this year have been questionable, both for picking some shite players in dodgy positions and for picking people to whom he clearly thinks he owes a living. There are plenty of fans out there, and a lot more on here that would gladly let Pearson piss, puke and take a shit in their chips and then thank him for it.

Kramaric had only just arrived at the club and Ulloa was not fully fit.  These seem like perfectly reasonable reasons for them both to be on the bench.

The media picked up on '£17 million on the bench' but apart from as a sensational tagline, it doesn't really hold any water.

Well it's true, isn't it?! And, you know, we did lose and we didn't score a goal...

Guest bss9401

Why such complicated analysis? Everyone should have turned towards the incident and all start yelling scrap! scrap! scrap! Until the stewards broke it up. Used to work well enough in Mundella's playground! Step back and leave the hotheads to it.

How can be totally Pearson in when you admit he got it totally wrong?

Not bothered, they can snore off. I'm not a Pearson out man, I'm firmly Pearson in, but on days like this nobody should be singing 'There's only one Nigel Pearson'. He got everything completely wrong.

How can be totally Pearson in when you admit he got it totally wrong?

Not bothered, they can snore off. I'm not a Pearson out man, I'm firmly Pearson in, but on days like this nobody should be singing 'There's only one Nigel Pearson'. He got everything completely wrong.

Because what alternative is there now? There is no replacement and it's far too late in the season so why unsettle everything further. Keep him our of necessity rather than choice is basically what I'm saying.

Or playing Andy King and Danny Drinkwater ahead of one of the best midfielders in recent history, who has actually looked pretty decent this season even at 34, or taking off 17m of attacking talent when you need a goal and you're about to bring on the guy who might finally create a chance for them, or not playing that guy in the first place, or playing a guy who wasn't good enough at right back at left back or... we could go on. 

I'm not sure playing Albrighton ahead of Vardy or De Laet (with Schlupp at LB) would have been all that questionable. Or Cambiasso and/or Hammond ahead of either of the two CMs. Or Hamer ahead of Schwarzer.

These were strange, strange decisions - again. And they didn't work - again.

Pearson got it wrong today but the point is most of our options aren't good enough which you can attribute to Pearson if you really want to

100+ messages and no one even knows what happened. How many of you lot on here actually go the games?

Anyway in short known Leicester face whose anti-Pearson has row with a load of foxes talk lefties (Maybe and co) who are pro-Pearson. Quite embarrassing to row over such unimportant shit who actually cares who the manager or players are? Couple of slaps and a headbutt ensued and some people not realising who they are messing with have got themselves in bother.

Not a good day for UFS because rightly or wrongly fans are going to associate the long haired leftie student types with that group.

100+ messages and no one even knows what happened. How many of you lot on here actually go the games?

Anyway in short known Leicester face whose anti-Pearson has row with a load of foxes talk lefties (Maybe and co) who are pro-Pearson. Quite embarrassing to row over such unimportant shit who actually cares who the manager or players are? Couple of slaps and a headbutt ensued and some people not realising who they are messing with have got themselves in bother.

Not a good day for UFS because rightly or wrongly obsessed weirdos like myself are going to associate the long haired leftie student types with that group.

I have to say, as much as I respect Pearson, there are certain posters on here who have become extremely tiresome with their bias towards him.

These sort of people were actually trying to defend our performance today, and saying the performance didn't matter because it was a 'bonus game'.

Archived