Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

Fighting with our own you are simply a wrong un. Play ground stuff grow up.

I, nor none of my pals who have been mentioned were involved in the fighting, we were just in the same area it kicked off.

Got a bit lost on here so turned to the only thing that knows more than my mother

Google and there I inserted the scary term

"Known leicester face"

Feck me we have sheep as hooligans , wow bet cardif and Swansea well Jel !!!!

I give you the Leicester (blue) face ... Who is neither fat bald of ginger ...confused.com ?

Ah, a nice image there of "Pearsonites". They look far more intelligent than I thought.  Are these the ones that caused the trouble yesterday? 

I'll still be going, thanks though.

Whilst I wouldn't consider myself to be involved in this, I was however amongst it while it was kicking off.

It was all pretty ridiculous and could have been avoided but for a lot of beer and difference in opinions. I can accept some people want NP out but because myself and my pals and whoever else don't, why should they shut up and be told their voice isn't as worthy?

And as one of the pro-Pearson instigators, can you confirm whether or not you are UFS?

I'll still be going, thanks though.

Whilst I wouldn't consider myself to be involved in this, I was however amongst it while it was kicking off.

It was all pretty ridiculous and could have been avoided but for a lot of beer and difference in opinions. I can accept some people want NP out but because myself and my pals and whoever else don't, why should they shut up and be told their voice isn't as worthy?

Your voice is worthy, but cheer on your side rather than an individual who you know that lots of other fans are going to be angry with at a moment when you know they're going to be especially angry with him. And it's not like they've not go their reasons, like being bottom of the table, making incredibly bizarre team selections which repeatedly backfire (and were in the process of backfiring when you all started piping up), yelling 'f*** off and die' at a group of supporters and getting himself suspended for it, refusing to speak to local media outlets because of some chap he doesn't like too much...

Like I said, nobody started chanting Morgan's name when he conceded the own goal, even though that's a chant which might actually have a positive impact on a player's performance, unlike singing Pearson's name. Where were the Schwarzer, Morgan, De Laet, Simpson, Drinkwater and King chants when they were under-performing yesterday?

It amazes me how many of the pro-Pearson fans - and I'm one of them, just about - take the line that our players, not our manager, should be to blame. How convenient it is that they are backing their side by singing Pearson's name and simultaneously getting onto the likes of Schlupp, Moore, Ulloa or whoever else. And, when a fight is the consequence (should you really be all that surprised? after all, if Foxestalk is a case in point then the norm is to declare your undying, unconditional support for Nige even if it's at the expense of the club's fortunes, and refer to everyone else as a moron), is that wise?

Our players look sluggish and uninterested far too often. The manager refuses to hear a word of criticism, even though varying your messages in management is one of the oldest motivational tricks in the book. These defiant shows of support for Pearson, especially when people choose to resort to them at the moment when they know people will be most angry with him, are not helping anything. Not anyone on the pitch, not the manager. What might help, strangely enough, is a bit of a wake-up call for him. Something which makes him roll his sleeves up a bit, give them a few less days off, demand more of them. 

Maybe he needs his Sheffield United moment if we're to turn this around. It's the only way that we, as fans, can encourage somebody to say 'this isn't good enough'. At the moment the message that we, the manager, and the players are sending out is that, actually, it is good enough. And when he gets it right again, or at least makes a damn good fist of it, then we get behind him. That, you'll find, is what normally happens when fans cheer their manager's name. And that's why other fans of other clubs don't spend the afternoon beating each other up.

Why? Are they supporting the club or an individual who they know to be divisive?

I'm pro-Pearson, but if you're doing this to prove a point when we're losing, playing awfully and bottom of the table, expect arguments.

It's amazing the number of huge Pearson fans who hide behind that insane 'it's the players who are costing us, why blame Nige?' argument, and use it to slate our players. I'd sooner people get behind these guys and have it in for the manager, than vice versa.

There are more ways of getting behind the club than choosing a chant which you are aiming at a faction of your own fans as much as at the guy who the said chant purports to get behind.

Our manager has been good for us, but he's doing a damn lousy job right now. You can be behind him and still accept that. If you don't, then it's very hard to take your opinion seriously. And you're hardly doing your bit to elicit the sorts of changes in philosophy which are likely to keep us up.

I've argued that our manager needs to change the record; demand more of his players, explore other motivational techniques than 'I have total faith in them'. Because they certainly aren't giving their all, game in game out, for him. Maybe the same applies in terms of the fans' approach to the manager. I won't be joining in, but perhaps he needs his Sheffield United moment.

A very fair post. Well done.

Just because you have zero loyalty to the manager who got us promoted, doesn't mean others can't. And clearly these people, who obviously prioritize Leicester City, think that he is the best option for the club and so want to get that across. Don't like it? Sing something that isn't pro-Pearson louder than them, or shut the **** up. People can sing whatever the **** they like (within reason) and you've got no right to tell them they shouldn't.

lol  lol

Actually if I want to sing our manager's name I should be able to without fear of being attacked by our own fans, thanks.

Very true Fez. Starting fights with your own fans is wrong and if you was one of them please don't go again. Wrong uns

Actually if I want to sing our manager's name I should be able to without fear of being attacked by our own fans, thanks.

I've already explained this. If you sing it at a moment when we are bottom and, in the game in question, losing comfortably because of some astoundingly strange decisions by that manager, and you know full well that a large section of your support isn't of the opinion that it's the right thing to chant, and - on top of that - the norm is for people who criticise the manager to be dismissed by his biggest fans as 'morons', then you can expect arguments. And are you really that desperate for a row?

So yes, sing it when he's screwing things up for us if you want, as opposed to when he's getting it right. It might make him feel that little bit more like he's getting things right which he's clearly getting wrong, won't do anything to buoy the players who are out there on the field, who might not mind hearing their name sung when they're struggling to get the midfield going, or they've given away a daft penalty when they're carrying an injury, or have scored a daft own goal, and it'll probably cause a fight with all those people you've spent ages insulting, and are trying to show up by singing it in the first place... but yes, of course, do it if you want

It's not as if there's nothing else to sing, though, is it?

I've already explained this. If you sing it at a moment when we are bottom and, in the game in question, losing comfortably because of some astoundingly strange decisions by that manager, and you know full well that a large section of your support isn't of the opinion that it's the right thing to chant, and - on top of that - the norm is for people who criticise the manager to be dismissed by his biggest fans as 'morons', then you can expect arguments. And are you really that desperate for a row?

So yes, sing it when he's screwing things up for us if you want, as opposed to when he's getting it right. It might make him feel that little bit more like he's getting things right which he's clearly getting wrong, won't do anything to buoy the players who are out there on the field, who might not mind hearing their name sung when they're struggling to get the midfield going, or they've given away a daft penalty when they're carrying an injury, or have scored a daft own goal, and it'll probably cause a fight with all those people you've spent ages insulting, and are trying to show up by singing it in the first place... but yes, of course, do it if you want

Good to see freedom of speech (or chanting) is alive and well amongst the foxes 'fans'.

So yes, sing it when he's screwing things up for us if you want, as opposed to when he's getting it right. It might make him feel that little bit more like he's getting things right which he's clearly getting wrong, won't do anything to buoy the players who are out there on the field, who might not mind hearing their name sung when they're struggling to get the midfield going, or they've given away a daft penalty when they're carrying an injury, or have scored a daft own goal, and it'll probably cause a fight with all those people you've spent ages insulting, and are trying to show up by singing it in the first place... but yes, of course, do it if you want.

I can't believe anyone would justify violence against fellow supporters on such ludicrously flimsy grounds.

Even if we go down this season getting promoted last year has earned the club £150m with the 4 years of parachute payments, if people can't even give the manager credit for bankrolling the club for a few years (probably season after he's gone) they really are quite small minded, let's get the Thais out as well, I'm sure that there is a proper Leicester fan willing to chuck cash at the club.

what a moron you are mate.

Then sing it. Louder than they are.

If the "large section of the support" agrees with you, they'll join in and drown it out.

Christ cvnting wept this thread is depressing.

They aren't interested in fighting just causing fights and hiding away when the trouble starts.

Your twat rating has gone up another notch, you don't know me or my son,we are both ufs. We don't fight, or encourage fighting, but in your case I could make an exception, don't bother replying,

Ffs I thought football had moved on from this shite. 

Whatever happened it's disheartening to see fans fighting each other over whether or not they think the manager is good enough. 

Also, the whole "defiance" thing about singing "one Nigel Pearson" is, in my opinion, rubbish. I sing it to support the man who is leading the team I support and follow across the country. "Leading" being a loose term I guess at the moment. It's not some deliberate act to piss off those who think he should go. I sing "Paul Konchesky is a blue..." despite his clear lack of ability at this level. I sing "Wes Wes Morgan" despite his calamitous record of own goals, red cards and poor decisions. I sing "Jamie Vardy's having a party" even though it's obvious he is struggling now coming up against a better class of defender. I do all this to support the team. In no way is the singing aimed at one "faction" of fans. It is purely and simply another way of getting behind the team and trying to encourage the manager when things aren't going our way. I'm actually surprised that some people seem to take it as a direct insult to them because they think Pearson isn't good enough and shouldn't be manager. You don't have to sing along with it, just like I don't sing along to songs I don't agree with. The most important thing is to back the team. Until the board see fit that Pearson isn't good enough then I will continue to vocally support the team by supporting him through the 90 minutes. Outside of that I will question playing Vardy on the wing ahead of Albrighton, I will question starting two in midfield when United play 3 very good players in the middle, I will question not putting someone on Blind like he did last time and I will question pairing King and Drinkwater together who were so weak at both Spurs and at home to Stoke. When he goes I will not "follow him to his next club". I will welcome the next man with open arms and support him through the 90 minutes where vocal support is so important, whilst also questioning his decisions outside of that time when emotions have died down and I can think properly about how the game went.

Maybe that seems hypocritical in a sense but I'm not changing that. But come on. A fight being started over the "One Nigel Pearson" song being sung?! Sure, if someone starts singing about the Munich Air Disaster or making hissing noises while at Spurs, then go and challenge them and stand up to them for singing something so disgraceful. But "One Nigel Pearson"?! Nah, we don't need to start getting all sensitive about that.

Great post.  It makes me smile when we still sing............and its Leicester City, Leicester City FC............greatest team the world have ever seen.............because obviously we are not, but if some fans want to sing it, then so what.  It is about the only one I just cant join in with most times, but it certainly does not offend me.  Like I say, just makes me smile

Good to see freedom of speech (or chanting) is alive and well amongst the foxes 'fans'.

Like I said, sing it. Freedom of speech only works if you accept that people have the right to argue back. And is it really necessary to do something which we know, and largely intend, to cause an argument?

Then sing it. Louder than they are.

If the "large section of the support" agrees with you, they'll join in and drown it out.

Christ cvnting wept this thread is depressing.

Like I said, I'm all for the idea. But isn't it a better idea for us just to all get behind our team in a manner we can agree on? Do we really want to chant things which are going to cause perfectly understandable differences of opinion? I mean, like I said, it would make far more sense to chant Morgan's name when he's just conceded a silly own goal, because it might actually spur him on. What was the aim of the chant, then? Just to cheer Nige up a bit, make him think that it was right after all to leave out Hamer and Albrighton and play Vardy on the wing?

I can't believe anyone would justify violence against fellow supporters on such ludicrously flimsy grounds.

I didn't justify violence for one second. I don't even know which side started the fight. But I'm pointing out that it is a very strange time to be chanting your manager's name - not all that common in the modern game for sides in our position, and in our position in the game in question to be doing that - and seems to me like a show of defiance to the critics, to Stringer, and to those fans who criticise Pearson. That, in itself, is divisive. Sing his name before the game, sing it when we're looking good on the field, regardless of whether we're winning or not, don't sing it when he's screwing everything up for us and you just want to stoke a bit of a row.

The Pro and Anti Pearson thing is incredibly divisive. It's not hard to accept that a manager who was good for us at a lower level, in an era when plenty of others weren't, is not yet up to scratch at the highest level. But, while I'm pro-Pearson myself, I think a lot of those who share my viewpoint have been very, very confrontational about this matter. The word 'moron' crops up every time anybody disagrees, there's a refusal to accept virtually any blame on Pearson's part, they not only refused to condemn him for getting banned for shouting 'f off and die' at his own fans, they actively supported him because that's how they felt about a great many of their own fans too, and as if that's not enough we've had to endure months of posts saying things like 'I'd rather get relegated with Pearson than stay up without them', which frankly smacks of supporting a failing manager over your own club.

So why not just focus on that? Park your love for Pearson for a minute, for the sake of unity, and save it for the same moments when other fans of other clubs who don't beat the crap out of one another tend to let those emotions burst forth. And get behind the team, properly, and without trying to prompt a good old debate, or argument, or bout of insults, or brawl, in the process.

Like I said, sing it. Freedom of speech only works if you accept that people have the right to argue back. And is it really necessary to do something which we know, and largely intend, to cause an argument?

Argue, discuss,disagree, chant opposite sentiments fine. Start throwing your weight around because you can't handle somebody supporting the manager of our club? Nah.

It smacks of people who spend all week hiding their pent up rage only to use football as an excuse to behave like the complete fvckwit they keep locked up in daily life.

Ffs I thought football had moved on from this shite. 

Whatever happened it's disheartening to see fans fighting each other over whether or not they think the manager is good enough. 

Also, the whole "defiance" thing about singing "one Nigel Pearson" is, in my opinion, rubbish. I sing it to support the man who is leading the team I support and follow across the country. "Leading" being a loose term I guess at the moment. It's not some deliberate act to piss off those who think he should go. I sing "Paul Konchesky is a blue..." despite his clear lack of ability at this level. I sing "Wes Wes Morgan" despite his calamitous record of own goals, red cards and poor decisions. I sing "Jamie Vardy's having a party" even though it's obvious he is struggling now coming up against a better class of defender. I do all this to support the team. In no way is the singing aimed at one "faction" of fans. It is purely and simply another way of getting behind the team and trying to encourage the manager when things aren't going our way. I'm actually surprised that some people seem to take it as a direct insult to them because they think Pearson isn't good enough and shouldn't be manager. You don't have to sing along with it, just like I don't sing along to songs I don't agree with. The most important thing is to back the team. Until the board see fit that Pearson isn't good enough then I will continue to vocally support the team by supporting him through the 90 minutes. Outside of that I will question playing Vardy on the wing ahead of Albrighton, I will question starting two in midfield when United play 3 very good players in the middle, I will question not putting someone on Blind like he did last time and I will question pairing King and Drinkwater together who were so weak at both Spurs and at home to Stoke. When he goes I will not "follow him to his next club". I will welcome the next man with open arms and support him through the 90 minutes where vocal support is so important, whilst also questioning his decisions outside of that time when emotions have died down and I can think properly about how the game went.

Maybe that seems hypocritical in a sense but I'm not changing that. But come on. A fight being started over the "One Nigel Pearson" song being sung?! Sure, if someone starts singing about the Munich Air Disaster or making hissing noises while at Spurs, then go and challenge them and stand up to them for singing something so disgraceful. But "One Nigel Pearson"?! Nah, we don't need to start getting all sensitive about that.

You sound like an excellent fan, if that's not patronising. And it sounds like you sing that chant for the right sorts of reasons, namely that you want to get behind the club, the manager, everyone. I'm afraid I didn't hear the pro-Wes or pro-Schwarzer or pro-Vardy songs while they were screwing up yesterday, and I don't believe they happened. 

The point I'm making is, sing what you will, but we don't tend to sing the names of people who are failing over the course of the season, at the moment when they are quite clearly failing. We sing Konchesky's name when we're pleased with him, even though he's not good enough. Same with Vardy, and so on. But with Pearson a different logic applies, and with Pearson we know that a lot of people are going to disagree with what we're saying.

So I'm not condoning violence, but I think you've got to expect an argument over that one. As I keep saying, there's a big difference between getting behind a player whose performance on the day could be positively influenced by the support, and showing support for a manager (and, implicitly, his decision-making skills) at a time when his decision-making is costing us.

And I just feel that somebody, somewhere may need to let everyone know that 6, 7 or 8 games when effort, energy, aggression hasn't been up to scratch doesn't warrant 'total faith' in your charges. I won't be calling for Pearson's head, but could that have a positive impact in the way it did on O'Neill (March 96) or Little (March 94)? I genuinely believe something needs to change in his approach, he needs to demand more of his players, and expressing our faith in what's being done at the moment isn't only going to cause an argument, it's also going to discourage that sort of change in philosophy.

Archived