Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

You sound like the prospect of fighting has actually given you an erection

Not just looked in to see what had happened and started to wonder if I was in the post match thread.

Why have different topics if they are all about the same thing.

But with coments like yours no wonder our fans fight with each other.

Straight 442 was questionable.

Schwarzer was questionable.

RDL at LB was questionable.

Simpson questionable.

Wes questionable.

King questionable

Schlupp questionable.

Levels of motivation questionable.

Levels of concentration questionable.

Ability to take set pieces questionable.

What did he get right exactly?

Spot on other than Schlupp who to be fair has been awesome these last few weeks.

Have to say wtf do they do on the training ground all day because it is hugely evident they neither practice corners nor set pieces that would struggle to have an impact against a pub team.

Yeah, imagine wanting to support the club.

Seriously, do one.

Why? Are they supporting the club or an individual who they know to be divisive?

I'm pro-Pearson, but if you're doing this to prove a point when we're losing, playing awfully and bottom of the table, expect arguments.

It's amazing the number of huge Pearson fans who hide behind that insane 'it's the players who are costing us, why blame Nige?' argument, and use it to slate our players. I'd sooner people get behind these guys and have it in for the manager, than vice versa.

There are more ways of getting behind the club than choosing a chant which you are aiming at a faction of your own fans as much as at the guy who the said chant purports to get behind.

Our manager has been good for us, but he's doing a damn lousy job right now. You can be behind him and still accept that. If you don't, then it's very hard to take your opinion seriously. And you're hardly doing your bit to elicit the sorts of changes in philosophy which are likely to keep us up.

I've argued that our manager needs to change the record; demand more of his players, explore other motivational techniques than 'I have total faith in them'. Because they certainly aren't giving their all, game in game out, for him. Maybe the same applies in terms of the fans' approach to the manager. I won't be joining in, but perhaps he needs his Sheffield United moment.

Agreed, tell me about the fighting.  THE FIGHTING!!!!!!!

Kicked off between a big bald bloke and a similar sized lad with long hair / dreadlocks with about a dozen others in close proximity most of whom were trying to break it up. Started off with handbags but with no stewards in sight some punches and a head butt were dished out so it was a million more times interesting than the game

Pretty sure it was over the One Nigel Pearson chant but not sure who was supporting who

Plod and Stewards finally came to break it up but lots of fans had already done most of the hard work

Not nice to see amongst your own fans but football is a passionate game and sometimes things spill over I suppose

Why? Are they supporting the club or an individual who they know to be divisive?

I'm pro-Pearson, but if you're doing this to prove a point when we're losing, playing awfully and bottom of the table, expect arguments.

It's amazing the number of huge Pearson fans who hide behind that insane 'it's the players who are costing us, why blame Nige?' argument, and use it to slate our players. I'd sooner people get behind these guys and have it in for the manager, than vice versa.

There are more ways of getting behind the club than choosing a chant which you are aiming at a faction of your own fans as much as at the guy who the said chant purports to get behind.

Our manager has been good for us, but he's doing a damn lousy job right now. You can be behind him and still accept that. If you don't, then it's very hard to take your opinion seriously. And you're hardly doing your bit to elicit the sorts of changes in philosophy which are likely to keep us up.

I've argued that our manager needs to change the record; demand more of his players, explore other motivational techniques than 'I have total faith in them'. Because they certainly aren't giving their all, game in game out, for him. Maybe the same applies in terms of the fans' approach to the manager. I won't be joining in, but perhaps he needs his Sheffield United moment.

Nobody is doing it to prove a point.

They're doing it to support him because he is our manager. This is fairly normal behaviour for someone who supports a football club.

lol lol lol

Football support in this country has got so bad that people singing in favour of a manager who has won two promotions for this club get set upon by knuckledraggers and people on here think they were singing it to prove a point?!

I'm done.

Nobody is doing it to prove a point.

They're doing it to support him because he is our manager. This is fairly normal behaviour for someone who supports a football club.

Not really when the manager is doing such a poor job, and there are calls from a significant number of fans for him to go.

I'm a Pearson fan because I appreciate his past contribution, but this is 'we're in the Pearson camp and we're staying there' stuff, and it's at the expense of getting behind our team - especially when we waste our time squabbling over it afterwards.

It isn't especially common to hear fans get behind managers when they're under-performing, especially not when they're both under-performing over a season and in the game in question. There's a large faction of the more aggressively pro-Pearson support who have had a habit of coming out with things like 'we should stick with him no matter what' / 'I'd rather go down with Nige than stay up without him' and that behaviour smacks of people who are backing a man ahead of backing their club. Chants like this, when they result in fights, and when they come at moments when the manager has clearly not given us our best possible chance of doing well in a game, hardly help this perception.

If we keep playing badly, and this minority keep chanting this as if in an act of defiance, then expect more rows and more fights. Why not just cheer on the team?

Yeah, imagine wanting to support the club.

Seriously, do one.

Sorry, I didn't know Nigel Pearson was the club. You thick ****.

Read my posts and you'd know I support Pearson. I don't support goading those who dare to question him just for the sake of. Pearson is not the club and never will be. The club is the club. Doesn't take a genius.

Seriously, if Nige wound up a rapist there would be people singing 'theres only one Nigel Pearson'. Today, and on today alone, his tactics, his team selection were poor. We lost 3-1. There is no possible reason to sing 'there is only one Nigel Pearson' because A. it has nothing to do with the club and B. he was to at least partly blame for a dismal performance. The only reason to sng it was because the hardcore 'Pearson can do no wrong' troop seem to have a chip on their shoulder and get all angsty anytime anybody makes a point (even the valid ones) against him.

They should sing about Leicester then, that's who I'm loyal to.

Just because you have zero loyalty to the manager who got us promoted, doesn't mean others can't. And clearly these people, who obviously prioritize Leicester City, think that he is the best option for the club and so want to get that across. Don't like it? Sing something that isn't pro-Pearson louder than them, or shut the **** up. People can sing whatever the **** they like (within reason) and you've got no right to tell them they shouldn't.

Not really when the manager is doing such a poor job, and there are calls from a significant number of fans for him to go.

I'm a Pearson fan because I appreciate his past contribution, but this is 'we're in the Pearson camp and we're staying there' stuff, and it's at the expense of getting behind our team - especially when we waste our time squabbling over it afterwards.

It isn't especially common to hear fans get behind managers when they're under-performing, especially not when they're both under-performing over a season and in the game in question. There's a large faction of the more aggressively pro-Pearson support who have had a habit of coming out with things like 'we should stick with him no matter what' / 'I'd rather go down with Nige than stay up without him' and that behaviour smacks of people who are backing a man ahead of backing their club. Chants like this, when they result in fights, and when they come at moments when the manager has clearly not given us our best possible chance of doing well in a game, hardly help this perception.

If we keep playing badly, and this minority keep chanting this as if in an act of defiance, then expect more rows and more fights. Why not just cheer on the team?

That is the point I'm trying to make except expertly written.

Guarantee the person fans would beat the person outers in a fight no weapons allowed neutral venue.

I don't think we even need a neutral venue, I think we could take them in a fight on Bentley's roof.

Although we were poor today, again it was three individual errors that cost us.

Whoever he chooses seems to cock-up

Whilst I am a Pearson fan, he does seem to get his tactics wrong too often. Even a blind man could see why was wrong first half today. We should have changed after 20 mins at 0-0, their goals were coming.

lol lol lol

Football support in this country has got so bad that people singing in favour of a manager who has won two promotions for this club get set upon by knuckledraggers and people on here think they were singing it to prove a point?!

I'm done.

I support this manager! But that chant is definitely there to prove a point. Be it to Stringer, or the fans that don't back Pearson, or to the board... that's clearly the reason. I remember a thread on here about fourteen months ago asking why we hardly ever chanted Nigel's name. Why, then, is it happening now?

There's a very large minority of Leicester fans who don't like our manager right now. Maybe it's a quarter, a third, who knows, it could be more. But why would we want to sing something at a moment like that if we know it's going to alienate such a high percentage of our fans? Now, a player - that I understand - it might actually affect his performance on the pitch. But I don't seem to hear that so often these days. The De Laet and King and Drinkwater and Schwarzer and Vardy chants didn't really come out today, did they? Especially not when they'd just misdirected six yard passes, or failed to compete for a bog standard 50-50. So ask yourself why you're applying such a different logic to the manager.

Support your team. Don't sing your manager's name as a show of defiance to other fans, especially if you're not going to sing your players' names when they are clearly screwing up left, right and centre. Above all, don't back the manager just because you want everyone to know that you're in the pro-Pearson camp, and that won't change just because of him hitting the self-destruct button for the tenth, twelfth, fifteenth time this season.

Like I say, I like Pearson, but I was very clear as to why people were singing his name today, and who it was aimed at.

Just because you have zero loyalty to the manager who got us promoted, doesn't mean others can't. And clearly these people, who obviously prioritize Leicester City, think that he is the best option for the club and so want to get that across. Don't like it? Sing something that isn't pro-Pearson louder than them, or shut the **** up. People can sing whatever the **** they like (within reason) and you've got no right to tell them they shouldn't.

Well, this is my point. Who are you trying to get this across to? To other fans, perhaps?

If you start chanting something which is intended to go against the opinions of a large faction of your fans - and I'm not sure why you would when we're losing and playing abysmally as a consequence, largely, of total ineptitude on the part of the manager - then expect a few arguments.

And why would we want that?

Mind you, I'm all for your point about 'shouting something else' which is louder than the Pearson chants. But not because I think the Pearson chants were sensible at that moment, rather because I'd prefer people to make a bit more noise from time to time.

Although we were poor today, again it was three individual errors that cost us.

Whoever he chooses seems to cock-up

Whilst I am a Pearson fan, he does seem to get his tactics wrong too often. Even a blind man could see why was wrong first half today. We should have changed after 20 mins at 0-0, their goals were coming.

The bigger problem was that they were a lot, lot better than us. Some people are speaking as if Man U didn't have any good opportunities other than the three they scored from. We were effortlessly, miserably brushed aside. There is no pride in that performance.

Archived