Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

Write him a letter. It won't cause any fights, I promise.

I don't see how me singing a completely harmless song should cause any fights (and it hasn't ever in my experience). I'm not going to change my approach to attending football matches because of a handful of balloon heads thanks.

I support this manager! But that chant is definitely there to prove a point. Be it to Stringer, or the fans that don't back Pearson, or to the board... that's clearly the reason. I remember a thread on here about fourteen months ago asking why we hardly ever chanted Nigel's name. Why, then, is it happening now?

There's a very large minority of Leicester fans who don't like our manager right now. Maybe it's a quarter, a third, who knows, it could be more. But why would we want to sing something at a moment like that if we know it's going to alienate such a high percentage of our fans? Now, a player - that I understand - it might actually affect his performance on the pitch. But I don't seem to hear that so often these days. The De Laet and King and Drinkwater and Schwarzer and Vardy chants didn't really come out today, did they? Especially not when they'd just misdirected six yard passes, or failed to compete for a bog standard 50-50. So ask yourself why you're applying such a different logic to the manager.

Support your team. Don't sing your manager's name as a show of defiance to other fans, especially if you're not going to sing your players' names when they are clearly screwing up left, right and centre. Above all, don't back the manager just because you want everyone to know that you're in the pro-Pearson camp, and that won't change just because of him hitting the self-destruct button for the tenth, twelfth, fifteenth time this season.

Like I say, I like Pearson, but I was very clear as to why people were singing his name today, and who it was aimed at.

I'm still raging about traveling all the way up today to not be let in because the steward thought he overheard me swear (absolute rubbish, by the way - report to the FSF forthcoming) so I can't comment too much on the game today.

That said, I can't believe what I'm reading. I sing 'One NP' because I respect him for what he has achieved for our club. Not to prove a point to any short-memory morons who were probably cheering him last week as we beat Spurs.

Agree with this. He got things wrong today and maybe he has on a few occasions. Or did he? Had we played Hammond and Albrighton which I would have done, would we have lost 4-1? Would we have won? For the last how many years the answer has been change the manager - the grass is greener but it wasn't greener. It rarely is long term. Stability is far more crucial long term as long as you have someone in place that can do the job well over time. I believe in Pearson we have such a man. He is learning about this league and it may take going down and coming back in a year (or 2 or 3) stronger before we become a stable prem team. 

Short termism doesn't work in any part of life. It may have a short term effect but we need to plan long term.10 wins is what you need to survive in the prem on average. We could still survive but even if we finish 17th, a lot will still be calling for a change of manager because 17th wasn't good enough or we were lucky

This isn't blindly sticking by Pearson. This is considered strategic thinking

Ok assuming this is "considered strategic thinking" please explain to me how he did not put Albrighton on the wing instead of Vardy who no one can question the effort of but that's not always good enough at this level and he has proven over previous games he is certainly not a winger.

I'm still raging about traveling all the way up today to not be let in because the steward thought he overheard me swear (absolute rubbish, by the way - report to the FSF forthcoming) so I can't comment too much on the game today.

That said, I can't believe what I'm reading. I sing 'One NP' because I respect him for what he has achieved for our club. Not to prove a point to any short-memory morons who were probably cheering him last week as we beat Spurs.

Even if you had, that's beyond ridiculous. it's a football match for fu... pity's sake.

I have supported leicester City for our 40 plus years now and will continue to do so in the future. I am not a pearson and will not blindly support him while he is making such poor tactical and team selection decisions but my support for Leiceser City is blind and I am sure I will continue to be a season ticket holder until I am physically unable to get to the ground.

LCFC are bigger than Nigel Pearson and I will continue to support them even if I don't support him.

Fighting or not our fans gave a good account of themselves today. I was lucky enough to be on a jolly so sat in the South Stand near the half way line. You sounded good despite the tepid performance. Had a little chat with our man Stringer before the game. Sent him everyone's love

I have supported leicester City for our 40 plus years now and will continue to do so in the future. I am not a pearson and will not blindly support him while he is making such poor tactical and team selection decisions but my support for Leiceser City is blind and I am sure I will continue to be a season ticket holder until I am physically unable to get to the ground.

LCFC are bigger than Nigel Pearson and I will continue to support them even if I don't support him.

No one's saying you can't, but realistically you do have to put up with the fact that the vast majority of Leicester fans have come to a different conclusion regarding Nigel Pearson.

What Leicester Lass said, but for those with a salacious hunger here is my first hand account of the fracas.

I was stood right by it, a grey haired chap - who'd brought his daughter to the match - took exception to "One Nigel Pearson", the young fellows who'd sang said song disagreed. He stood remonstrating with them whilst his daughter carried on out, 2 minutes elapse and this one lone grey haired soul is still there vigorously discussing the merits of Pearson with quite a few bemused, drunk but equally passionate young chaps. Daughter asks a passer by to go extracate her father from the situation, passer by (who one would recommend you shouldn't really remonstrate with) jogs up steps to save dad, someone shoves and, like a newtons craddle, passer by takes a tumble! He's not impressed and vociferously questions whether anyone would like to try that again? (no one would). Sadly friend of passer by spies the end of the newtons cradle and (demonstarting a piss poor understanding of the laws of motion) deems him responsible and begins expressing his displeasure physically. Due to some mixup the end of the craddle is, unbeknownst to friend of passer by, ALSO a friend of the passer by who is now telling one friend not to pulverise the other friend because he is, well, a friend. Sadly this cry comes too late and the newtons craddle has now swung backwards and more people go flying, this is where our blue jacketed ginger supporter (mistakenly identified as a dreadlocked chap earlier on in the thread) takes centre stage. He takes great exception to something and launches forward, Police restrain him whilst passer by, passer by friend and passer by other friend begin leaving. The ginger then launches a volley of abuse which is returned with some interest and the whole seductive dance begins once again. At this point, dear reader, I decend and melt away into the evening.

lol lol lol

Football support in this country has got so bad that people singing in favour of a manager who has won two promotions for this club get set upon by knuckledraggers and people on here think they were singing it to prove a point?!

I'm done.

Bye then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No one's saying you can't, but realistically you do have to put up with the fact that the vast majority of Leicester fans have come to a different conclusion regarding Nigel Pearson.

R u saying the vast majority of Leicester City fans support him. Given a ballot I think u might be wrong it's just they are not as vocal as the pearson fans.

What Leicester Lass said, but for those with a salacious hunger here is my first hand account of the fracas.

I was stood right by it, a grey haired chap - who'd brought his daughter to the match - took exception to "One Nigel Pearson", the young fellows who'd sang said song disagreed. He stood remonstrating with them whilst his daughter carried on out, 2 minutes elapse and this one lone grey haired soul is still there vigorously discussing the merits of Pearson with quite a few bemused, drunk but equally passionate young chaps. Daughter asks a passer by to go extracate her father from the situation, passer by (who one would recommend you shouldn't really remonstrate with) jogs up steps to save dad, someone shoves and, like a newtons craddle, passer by takes a tumble! He's not impressed and vociferously questions whether anyone would like to try that again? (no one would). Sadly friend of passer by spies the end of the newtons cradle and (demonstarting a piss poor understanding of the laws of motion) deems him responsible and begins expressing his displeasure physically. Due to some mixup the end of the craddle is, unbeknownst to friend of passer by, ALSO a friend of the passer by who is now telling one friend not to pulverise the other friend because he is, well, a friend. Sadly this cry comes too late and the newtons craddle has now swung backwards and more people go flying, this is where our blue jacketed ginger supporter (mistakenly identified as a dreadlocked chap earlier on in the thread) takes centre stage. He takes great exception to something and launches forward, Police restrain him whilst passer by, passer by friend and passer by other friend begin leaving. The ginger then launches a volley of abuse which is returned with some interest and the whole seductive dance begins once again. At this point, dear reader, I decend and melt away into the evening.

That begs more questions than it answers !!  lol

R u saying the vast majority of Leicester City fans support him. Given a ballot I think u might be wrong it's just they are not as vocal as the pearson fans.

Of course the majority of fans support him. Villa fans don't support their manager, they planned a protest. They have chanted Lambert out, for a couple of games now. If the majority didn't support him we would follow suit.

Well given the multiple votes and manager confidence ratings we've had on here with fairly significant numbers, that have tended to be around 65-95% pro-Pearson and never been even 50% anti-Pearson, over the course of the season, I'd suggest you're wrong.

I reckon a fair amount do. But we'll have some who've never liked him, turned against him, some switch depending on form.

Totally different story to the one my wife and niece have told me and they were caught in the middle of it. The 'ginger' bloke was headbutted and punched by an overweight bald bloke.

You were obviously much closer than me so apologies about missing the ginger hair

Bit more than handbags but not by a lot

You were obviously much closer than me so apologies about missing the ginger hair

Bit more than handbags but not by a lot

As I said stood right next to it (if I'd had my wits about me I could have photobombed it I was that close). In your defence the hair was hidden beneath a bobble hat (looked like a stock character from a 70's comic strip)

Well given the multiple votes and manager confidence ratings we've had on here with fairly significant numbers, that have tended to be around 65-95% pro-Pearson and never been even 50% anti-Pearson, over the course of the season, I'd suggest you're wrong.

Ok I must be wrong but I don't remember being given the opportunity to vote which I assume must apply to a lot of fans. Anyway I will still be a season ticket holder long after pearson has left the club

Archived