justfoxes Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 A pretty good read and what most of us are thinking !! http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/08/an-open-letter-to-leicester-city-manager-nigel-pearson-5053848/
Benji Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Although usually written in good faith letters like these really make my toes curl. They usually reek of football manager knowitalls making out problems are so simple to resolve.
Aus Fox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 What a load of shit! I am all for everyone having their say, and it's all about many opinions. But no one should start an argument on the lines of me and the vast majority of Leicester supporters, you don't know me, you don't know the vast majority of supporters so you can not speak on their behalf. The rest of it I would say was utter tripe!
RoboFox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Just what we need to get the answers to all of the burning questions. An open letter from some dipstick in the f**king Metro.
stripeyfox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 A pretty good read and what most of us are thinking !! http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/08/an-open-letter-to-leicester-city-manager-nigel-pearson-5053848/ Why do people waste their time writing this crap? Do they think he's going to read it and say "actually, this Chris Forryan, whoever the hell he is, may have a point?". It is embarrasing beyong belief!
Bellend Sebastian Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 If there's one thing I enjoy it's an open letter, for me they're up there with ill conceived petitions and completely ignored direct action requests. I particularly like ones like this, by a self appointed spokesperson for people that don't have a clue who he is. On a serious note, I'd be a bit wary of assuming that there's any sort of consensus on this stuff. Some folk were taken aback last night by the outpouring of support for our Nigel, and I've seen figures bandied around about what percentage of our support don't back him that are complete conjecture and I expect a massive overestimate. Internet forums and radio phone ins are a magnet for people with strong opinions, and my perception is that it's usually the negative ones who shout the loudest. There's a huge section of support that are less vocal and a bit more easy going about the whole thing (I'd include myself in this number). You get these relatively small groups of people getting all worked up and feeding off each other, and it's easy to get convinced that their views reflect those of far more folk than they actually do
davieG Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 If there's one thing I enjoy it's an open letter, for me they're up there with ill conceived petitions and completely ignored direct action requests. I particularly like ones like this, by a self appointed spokesperson for people that don't have a clue who he is. On a serious note, I'd be a bit wary of assuming that there's any sort of consensus on this stuff. Some folk were taken aback last night by the outpouring of support for our Nigel, and I've seen figures bandied around about what percentage of our support don't back him that are complete conjecture and I expect a massive overestimate. Internet forums and radio phone ins are a magnet for people with strong opinions, and my perception is that it's usually the negative ones who shout the loudest. There's a huge section of support that are less vocal and a bit more easy going about the whole thing (I'd include myself in this number). You get these relatively small groups of people getting all worked up and feeding off each other, and it's easy to get convinced that their views reflect those of far more folk than they actually do Agree and yet the Sky poll around 11pm was showing 70% saying it was the wrong decision to sack him. Of course we don't know how many votes that was.
cjslcfc Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 No offence but that is a pretty terrible article. "Yesterday’s game proved that players cannot pass effectively when the understanding that comes through regularly playing with the same team members does not exist." I assume whoever wrote the article wasn't really watching yesterday's game as our passing was much better than recent games despite the changes to the side... "Whist we accept your argument that Mark Schwarzer was brought in for ‘Premier League experience’, so was Marc Albrighton who, despite several man of the match performances" "Please do not take a prolific goal scorer and ruin him much as you seem to have done with Chris Wood."
Aus Fox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Agree and yet the Sky poll around 11pm was showing 70% saying it was the wrong decision to sack him. Of course we don't know how many votes that was. I believe there were several votes.
cjslcfc Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Agree and yet the Sky poll around 11pm was showing 70% saying it was the wrong decision to sack him. Of course we don't know how many votes that was. I don't trust Sky poll's simply because they seem to get hijacked by a group of fans. I think "best signing of the January transfer window" went to Yaya Sanogo. Maybe it's just me that thinks that is a little ridiculous. There have been other instances, including where Fabregas didn't get into the best team for the first half of the season!
Babylon Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Agree and yet the Sky poll around 11pm was showing 70% saying it was the wrong decision to sack him. Of course we don't know how many votes that was. My phone bill is now £2000.
davieG Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 No offence but that is a pretty terrible article. "Yesterday’s game proved that players cannot pass effectively when the understanding that comes through regularly playing with the same team members does not exist." I assume whoever wrote the article wasn't really watching yesterday's game as our passing was much better than recent games despite the changes to the side... "Whist we accept your argument that Mark Schwarzer was brought in for ‘Premier League experience’, so was Marc Albrighton who, despite several man of the match performances" "Please do not take a prolific goal scorer and ruin him much as you seem to have done with Chris Wood." Agree, 2nd highest shots and 2nd highest possession in the PL at the w/e. I'm not sure how one equates highest possession with can't pass effectively. Ok there's been plenty of games where our possession and passing has been poor I would put that down to confidence and consistency i doubt it's down to a few team changes. Also plenty of our midfield changes have been down to injuries/suspensions.
davieG Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Do you know what letters I like, private ones. I was thinking more french ones for you.
Babylon Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 I was thinking more french ones for you. I'm going to France tomorrow with the mrs for a few days so you might not be far wrong.
surrifox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 This morning's Metro back page headlinePEARSON GETS IT IN THE NECK Under-fire manager loses stranglehold on Foxes job so they've got their finger on the pulse on the subject of the "open letter" this sounds like the points made by the caller on 606 last night - when everyone thought NP was toast . I suspect that Nige will take all this on board and do absolutely FA about any of the issues raised
GaelicFox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Good letter, simple view, but it's a simple game
st albans fox Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 It's the formation !!!! We are in the PL , not the championship. It's different now. When will the management suss this out????
Merging Cultures Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 I'm going to France tomorrow with the mrs for a few days so you might not be far wrong. DavieG is your Mrs.
C-man Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Read as far as 'vast majority of Leicester City fans are...' and threw it in the virtual bin.
Babylon Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 It's the formation !!!! We are in the PL , not the championship. It's different now. When will the management suss this out???? Yep it was the formation that missed 1000 chances against Palace. Palace went with a premier league style 451/433formation and needed to change it at half time to try and cope with us and our old fashioned 442.
jammie82uk Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Since when was the metro using 100%lcfc as a source as that's where I seen this letter a few days ago
Guest Col city fan Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Of course it's not everyone's view. But I tend to agree with a lot of it. The chopping and changing of the side especially. Pearson clearly has no clue what his best 11 is. There's squad rotation, but that's not what Nige is doing.
Babylon Posted 9 February 2015 Posted 9 February 2015 Of course it's not everyone's view. But I tend to agree with a lot of it. The chopping and changing of the side especially. Pearson clearly has no clue what his best 11 is. There's squad rotation, but that's not what Nige is doing. There hasn't been that much chopping and changing, most of the changes are in the midfield and that's come about because we've had injuries, suspensions and players away on international duty a lot of late. Early in the season I agree there were too many changes. I think that came about due to people like Hammond and Schlupp coming in and doing well and others who were great last year not performing. He had to try and find the balance, but then took it too far pissing about with the diamond. He also can't win, if he stuck with the same team after a loss people would moan. If he stuck with the same team after a win and he then lost, people would moan that he's not changing the team to suit the opposition.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.