Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Been watching City since the late 80's. Cambiasso is the best player I've ever seen pull on a City shirt. Sublime passing, a level above the rest of the team but he leads them. He may not have the armband but he's the leader.

Guest bss9401

It brought a tear to my eye with pride when I first saw the man in a Leicester City shirt. Simple as that!

I actually heard the bloke behind me say this about Cambiasso yesterday " he's got a lot to learn"

Maybe he was on about talking with a Leicester accent, Cambiasso oozes class and also has an ability to be in a different time zone to everyone else on the pitch. He has an ability to change the pace of the game as it suits and reads the game so well. The guy has class clearly but what does it for me is his passion. He doesn't need the money he has got the t- shirts yet it matters to him. Top man.

I actually heard the bloke behind me say this about Cambiasso yesterday " he's got a lot to learn"

Maybe he was talking about a lot to learn about bad career moves. He could easily play for a top half side. I pray he plays for another year 

welcome to the cambiasso love in club col knew you'd eventually be a member  :flowers:

all we need now is FIF to stop his vendetta against the great man and i reckon that'll be a full house. he's magic u knowwww. 

No vendetta,

He was a class player, he has some incredibly classy touches but I'm not blind to his defensive deficiencies that kill us week in week out.

You lot raving about yesterday are funny. More than half his passes went to the opposition - just go and watch the match replay on Kodo - and he was targetted in midfield as he comes out other players just glide past him. Song outclassed him yesterday and nearly made us pay.

The goal was fantastic but on a normal saturday for the foxes that shot would have simply cannoned off Vardy's ars and set up another attack to them.

I like him but I also watch his full game not just his maestro moments. 

Absolutely the best player to ever have played for us in my lifetime

I take it that you are not very old.

No vendetta,

He was a class player, he has some incredibly classy touches but I'm not blind to his defensive deficiencies that kill us week in week out.

You lot raving about yesterday are funny. More than half his passes went to the opposition - just go and watch the match replay on Kodo - and he was targetted in midfield as he comes out other players just glide past him. Song outclassed him yesterday and nearly made us pay.

The goal was fantastic but on a normal saturday for the foxes that shot would have simply cannoned off Vardy's ars and set up another attack to them.

I like him but I also watch his full game not just his maestro moments. 

I take it that you are not very old.

His stats from yesterday

Touches 63 (most for Leicester, 4th most in match after Song [71], Noble [67] and Downing [66]

Unsuccesful touches 0

Passes 51 (most for Leicester by 11, 2nd most in the game after Song [53]

Key passes 3 (2nd most for Leicester [Kram with 4], and joint 2nd most in the game)

Passing accuracy 75% (7th highest for Leicester but best for a Leicester midfielder)

Longballs 7(4 accurate) most for a city outfield player

Tackles 2 (joint 3rd)

Interceptions 3 (joint 2nd)

I started this post because as I said...

"I think no matter how this season ends, I am really pleased to have seen a player of such class in a City shirt."

A few, like FIF and Col City have disagreed. Fair play, football is all about opinions. However FIF careful not to be patronising, trying the "I take it you're not very old".

I (unfortunately) am old and football has been my life.

Playing a lot of low level stuff when younger, running school teams as a teacher,

running Sunday youth teams,

Watching City since 8

Following England abroad

Watching all the football I can ( ask the wife)

Pretty much like everyone else on here.

And in my opinion, I think he is class and as I said, I feel lucky to have seen him in a City shirt.

"I think no matter how this season ends, I am really pleased to have seen a player of such class in a City shirt."

A few, like FIF and Col City have disagreed. Fair play, football is all about opinions. However FIF careful not to be patronising, trying the "I take it you're not very old".

Playing a lot of low level stuff when younger, running school teams as a teacher,

Watching City since 8

Following England abroad

And in my opinion, I think he is class and as I said, I feel lucky to have seen him in a City shirt.

Good post mate. I generally like what you write to be fair.

I've never said that Cambiasso is now a bad player. And I've given him plenty of credit. (Genuinely, if you look through most related threads, you'll see this).

He's a player who has won everything in the game, and at times it shows.

I love his passion and his commitment.

BUT...and here's the bit people don't like...lol He HAS also had some stinkers for City. I wrote yesterday that he had a great game, but that was on the back of the previous two where he had been guff. I can recollect numerous games this season where he has had little to no impact. Swansea away, West Brom at home, Villa at home are just three that spring to mind.

I'm not singling him out as being any worse than any of em. Most times he's been better. But this complete and utter adoration of the guy (that he's still world class, the best player people have seen in a City shirt etc) does not wash with me. This season I can think of as many games where I've been non - plussed with him as those I've been really impressed.

Finally, again I think FIF is right. West Ham had a spell yesterday, following Nuge's miss, where they ran us ragged in the middle of the park and carved us open time over. God knows how Nolan missed that header in the first half. Most unlike him actually..They have been his bread and butter for years. I watched him after the miss..and he knew he should have put them two one up.

But when most people are drooling over Esteban, these incidents get missed. They are conveniently overlooked. And they have mattered all season. This failing to run with oncoming opposition midfielders has cost us so many goals this term. And Cambiasso (as well as James) has been guilty of it since the start.

Personally, I thought the Hammers midfielder who got their goal (can't recollect his name) looked a super player. And just the type of big, physical presence in the midfield I've suggested we've needed all season.

His stats from yesterday

Touches 63 (most for Leicester, 4th most in match after Song [71], Noble [67] and Downing [66]

Unsuccesful touches 0

Passes 51 (most for Leicester by 11, 2nd most in the game after Song [53]

Key passes 3 (2nd most for Leicester [Kram with 4], and joint 2nd most in the game)

Passing accuracy 75% (7th highest for Leicester but best for a Leicester midfielder)

Longballs 7(4 accurate) most for a city outfield player

Tackles 2 (joint 3rd)

Interceptions 3 (joint 2nd)

Moved forward to defend opposition and passed by with ease 250 (most in the match and top leicester player by 240).

I've stated he makes some great passes, I like him. But defensively he's a detriment in an area of the field where we are defensively weak, very very weak. With him and Mahrez being half of our midfield they need to assist in at least 4 goals because the chances are that their defensive deficiency costs us 3 goals.

Great player to have as a luxury in a great midfield.

A few, like FIF and Col City have disagreed. Fair play, football is all about opinions. However FIF careful not to be patronising, trying the

Watching City since 8

Following England abroad

I stand by that sentence if he really thinks Cambiasso, for us, is the best all round City player he's ever seen.

Is he the best player you've ever seen play for us?

Moved forward to defend opposition and passed by with ease 250 (most in the match and top leicester player by 240).

I've stated he makes some great passes, I like him. But defensively he's a detriment in an area of the field where we are defensively weak, very very weak. With him and Mahrez being half of our midfield they need to assist in at least 4 goals because the chances are that their defensive deficiency costs us 3 goals.

Great player to have as a luxury in a great midfield.

Heat map

post-9348-0-11205100-1428234038_thumb.pn

I'd suggest that half the team in the 69, early 70's were better than him.

Banks was on another level completely.

Wortho, Nish, Whitworth, Cross, Glover, Allan Clarke, Weller, Shilton

Archived