Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

I reckon the premier league is far weaker now than years ago, it's full of dross and obviously we are the worst, agree with grinding out results but in terms of skilful quality teams, no. Liverpool and Man Utd sum it up for me, both in the top 5 yet have had a lot of criticism this season and haven't played well at all.

Yes, we had all the same arguments pre season...and look how it's panned out.

People are STILL suggesting the Prem 'ain't all that'...

We are the shining example of the fact that, yes it is.... We romped the Championship last season. Yet this season we have been terrible. Why? Because the step up is huge.

Just ask Burnley and QPR too.

Decent performance but no points completely lost any sort of threat when Ulloa came on for Mahrez. Why have Ulloa on and nobody to put a decent ball in to him.

Thought Schlupp did well as left wing back apart from one mistake in the box, not going to blame him for the first goal plenty of opportunity to win the ball before it finally fell to Silva.

I don't know what we have to do to win a penalty.

Left wing back?? Jesus how many man defence was it ?? lol

We are the shining example of the fact that, yes it is.... We romped the Championship last season. Yet this season we have been terrible. Why? Because the step up is huge.

It isn't. We're just shit.

It's a league where players like Dame N'Doye come in and score goals.

I think if La Liga played the PL over 2 legs in a cup comp we'd struggle to get handful of side through.

My problem tonight is the same as it has been all season. We don not go out to win. We go out to contain, untill we are losing by a goal or two, then only then do we have a go.

I have to give credit where credit due. Burnley go out every game I have seen them, and go for it. They may conceed more than us, but they end up scoring more than us and end result is that they are  in a better league position. In tonights game if we are honest with ourselves if it wasn't for Schwarzer we would have been beaten 5-0 and really did not trouble them. A couple of penalty shouts and hitting the post does not count for being in the game and causing them trouble.

Yesterday I saw Villa finally have a go at teams and left their hearts out on the pitch. We may have spirit but again if being honest, I haven't seen our hearts left out on the pitch.

Team says they still are positive, but for me watching the last few games I don't honestly see it. I think they know their fate and have accepted it.

Football is a business and this is the business end of the season. So they have to say positive things to have the supporters spend money at the gate week in and week out to cover salaries, expenses etc.

We are 7 points from safety and have 11 games remaining. Looking at our remaining fixture list I can only see us picking up 3 to 9 points at best. Think we can make a game of it at home to Hull and Qp. Possibly sneak a win at Burnley, but seriously doubt it. The rest I can't see us getting nothing if we play with the same tactics of containment.

I have to give credit where credit due. Burnley go out every game I have seen them, and go for it. They may conceed more than us, but they end up scoring more than us and end result is that they are  in a better league position.

Wow a whole one extra goal. We should just copy Burnley.

every first post match thread post should mandatorily include the cost of each squad to assemble. just to put a bit of perspective on the subsequent nonsense posts.

Manchester City - £368 million

Leicester City - £52 million

they're 7 times better than us!

Thanks, Sean

Shit substitutions cost us. Take off Mahrez and Kramaric when it was obvious that they are our two main attacking threats.

Yeah, don't mention that he took off perennial scapegoat Konchesky, and brought on the pair that got us a point at Everton.

I swear some people will only look at the negatives...

Defended well I thought and broke well, honestly can't see why people think we 'would just go for it' we have played well with 5 at the back just not getting the rub of the green at the minute it might come it might not but as long as they keep playing the way we are we will give our selves a chance. i honestly am a bit scared to who we will get at the end of the season because unfortunately I think Pearson will get sacked if we stay up or go down, I just hope to god all the haters out there get this mysterious manager that that knows the prem inside out, will play the perfect team and formation every game, only make changes that will win us games, give great post and pre match interviews to local radio, only buy proven premier league players that aren't too old but have experience but don't cost anything.... I could go on. The summer in this forum is going to be a minefield to say the least.

Wow a whole one extra goal. We should just copy Burnley.

They are 4 points above in the league aren't they? I would rather have the points than being where we are in the league. They also have a better chance of survival because of that extra 4 points. Would rather have us bottom of the league, because of what? Don't understand your reasoning for the comment. Unless you enjoy being bottom of the league?

They are 4 points above in the league aren't they? I would rather have the points than being where we are in the league. They also have a better chance of survival because of that extra 4 points. Would rather have us bottom of the league, because of what? Don't understand your reasoning for the comment. Unless you enjoy being bottom of the league?

I'm thinking their extra 4 points might not be solely down to them seting up to attack teams more frequently than we do.

It ain't what it used to be, ok I give u Chelsea and Man City have assembled probably the best squads ever seen in the Prem but what about Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa to name but a few,their squads are far weaker than years ago it really isn't all that this season, which is why it's so tragic that we are bottom.

Just really don't get all the 'simply not good enough again' posts. Did you watch a different game to me? You do realise we were playing the REIGNING PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AWAY FROM HOME? Or was it just me that noticed it? How on earth can you in all clear conscience say we weren't good enough tonight and it's indicative of how bad we've been over the entire season? That's a different matter entirely. Taking tonights 90 minutes as a stand alone game of Football where bottom of the league plays 2nd/Reigning champions, I'm sorry, it's not us optimists that still hope we can make a great escape that's deluded, it's you lot.

We played better against them a few years back in the cup. Looks like we are going backwards.

I'm thinking their extra 4 points might not be solely down to them seting up to attack teams more frequently than we do.

No, probably down to the fact that their manager is getting more out of a side supposedly worse than ours.

I would like to see the part where we played "well" it looked to me like a 50% Man City side still beat us easily, a five man defence is always going to be tough to break down, even for the best of sides, so we've basically tootled on to Manchester, and hoped to God we wouldn't get battered. Plus the substitutions were laughable, our exit from the premier league is a limp at best.

No, probably down to the fact that their manager is getting more out of a side supposedly worse than ours.

Probably a combination of them having played an extra game and having faced fewer of the top teams so far.

Guest MattP

What a load of reactionary bollocks this it. Pathetic reaction to what on the whole was a pretty decent set up and performance against a side who had 7/8 players that cost more indivisually than our squad.

When we go it's not because of tonight, it's because of garbage home performances against midtable sides we've lost, had we been 12th and turned in that performance tonight (even more so under Pulis) we'd be lauded for our organisation, attitude and we'd roundly say we've been robbed.

Some people are jumping at any chance to express frustration.

What a load of reactionary bollocks this it. Pathetic reaction to what on the whole was a pretty decent set up and performance against a side who had 7/8 players that cost more indivisually than our squad.

When we go it's not because of tonight, it's because of garbage home performances against midtable sides we've lost, had we been 12th and turned in that performance tonight (even more so under Pulis) we'd be lauded for our organisation, attitude and we'd roundly say we've been robbed.

Some people are jumping at any chance to express frustration.

What you're saying re the dropping points to teams of a similar ilk is very true, however I couldn't help but feel tonight's whole approach was half arsed, the selection pretty much the same as recent weeks, which has seen a pathetic attempt at progression (loose term) in the cup, and a point away at the Lukaku horror show. It seems that NP, has completely run out of ideas and is literally trying to stumble through each game hoping and praying that Lady Luck is favouring us.

I'm absolutely convinced seenitall is a Derby fan posting on here purely to take the piss.

Either that or the guy is simply incapable of presenting a balanced argument.

I was going to rip him to pieces and shred his last piece of dignity but he's done that himself.

Guest ttfn

And that was also a penalty for the foul on Kramaric.

Two obvious penalties.

Seriously, what the actual fvck?

I missed the game as I had to work late but those are two absolute stonewallers.

Archived