Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Pearson Out

If Pearson is really blaming the players rather than accepting responsibility himself, this demonstrates the man has no 'grace'. It confirms his arrogance, nay underlines his arrogance. It proves he is delusional and should be sacked now, immediately!

He should definitely be sacked NOW, regardless of how good or bad he is as a manager. 

But, he should be sacked anyway because he IS rubbish!

We don’t want or need ‘Pearson Out’ banners.

The man has performed wonders after the Sven fiasco. He’s been a brilliant manager for us, but has taken us as far as he can. He won’t be here next season. For contractual reasons I expect him to be ‘let go’ (or kicked upstairs to DoF) as soon as our relegation is confirmed.

I don’t want him to leave the Club, but I certainly don’t want to go through another Premiership campaign with him in charge. I hope they offer him a DoF role but doubt he’d accept it.

The next appointment needs to be a considered one, and so we need to wait until the end of the season rather than desperately latching on to whoever happens to be available right now.

Absolutely the most stupidist thing iv ever read almost!!! Hahahaha dof!!! That's the problem we've got now there's no direction to pearson's football!! He should leave our club and never return again and who ever it was at the club who advised and whispered in the ears of the owners should bloody leave with him!

In my personal opinion he should of been let go after last season by not renewing his contract! It would of been cost effective and it would of left us fresh to start a new chapter for 'OUR' club. Iv never liked him but a lot of that is to do with his attitude and arrogance, his voice alone does it for me now! He's never admitted being or getting anything wrong, that's why we struggle to change and adapt.

He was right in what he said about the players not committing to attack enough, but for me that came from none of them not 100% knowing what their roles were.

Another new formation, another new bunch of players. From the kick off for me they looked unsure and were just feeling their way through the game rather than everyone knowing what their job was, where they should be in attack and defence, knowing someone will be there if you do leave the confines of your position to attack etc

Very true, but also a fundamental flaw with the 3-4-3 system. The full-backs are naturally going to pushed back when the opposition have possession, creating a back 5. That leaves the front 3 responsible for the creation of chances, yet he picked a front 3 that all like to play direct and make things happen for themselves. It was never going to work.

Which players were not committed to attack do you think?

Was it our 3 central defenders, 2 full-backs, 2 defensive midfielders, our striker out of position on the wing, or our striker who hasn’t scored in his last 23 games???

The two wing back most certainly didn't commit as much as they could. I watched Schlupp closely and it was almost as if there was an imaginary line he didn't dare cross half the time, constantly checking his run or not daring to overlap. They had to push on to make that formation attacking and they didn't anywhere near enough.

artursteppe, on 16 Mar 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

If Pearson is really blaming the players rather than accepting responsibility himself, this demonstrates the man has no 'grace'. It confirms his arrogance, nay underlines his arrogance. It proves he is delusional and should be sacked now, immediately!

He should definitely be sacked NOW, regardless of how good or bad he is as a manager. 

But, he should be sacked anyway because he IS rubbish!

Just wondering, do you think Nige should be sacked?

The two wing back most certainly didn't commit as much as they could. I watched Schlupp closely and it was almost as if there was an imaginary line he didn't dare cross half the time, constantly checking his run or not daring to overlap. They had to push on to make that formation attacking and they didn't anywhere near enough.

Well sounds like it would have been simpler to play a formation that the players understood.

it's quite likely that a young player like Schlupp has very little experience of playing alongside 3 central defenders in a must-win game. In fact, probably none of them has ever experienced playing in a team containing five defenders and 2 defensive midfielders in a Home game where a draw is no good!

I'm fed up of saying this about Pearson: If he's going to play his maverick formations then he has to shoulder responsibility when they don't work.

You can blame your players if you're playing a 442/451 and they look clueless, but if you insist on them playing unusual tactics then you can hardly blame the players if they fail to understand them properly.

Absolutely the most stupidist thing iv ever read almost!!! Hahahaha dof!!!

Almost? Well is it or isn't it. Make up your mind.

Incidentally, lots of exclamation marks and pretend laughing don't constitute a response. You need words, not punctuation.

Well sounds like it would have been simpler to play a formation that the players understood.

You can blame your players if you're playing a 442/451 and they look clueless, but if you insist on them playing unusual tactics then you can hardly blame the players if they fail to understand them properly.

So you agree with my original post then.

Yeah that will help spur the team onto victory

I'm supporting my team and players by hoping the manager gets the boot.

Chanting 'Pearson Out' won't bring the players down, they looked in Saturday as if they'd given up on him.

It is possible to dislike the manger and still love the team you know.

Let's face it .... Whether it happens now, at the end of the season, or 10 game into next season, it's pretty much a nailed on certainty that NP won't be manager for much longer.

Personally I think the best way to move on is do it quickly ... let's get rid now whilst we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Jeff had no support on his side of the pitch. Kramaric did not help in the way Mahrez was helping on the other side, and the whole balance of the team erred towards the right, ie all three central defenders and both James ( mainly ) and Cambiasso. Jeff probably had the most difficult job of anyone against Hull. If you didn't notice that Babylon, you weren't concentrating enough.

Jeff had no support on his side of the pitch. Kramaric did not help in the way Mahrez was helping on the other side, and the whole balance of the team erred towards the right, ie all three central defenders and both James ( mainly ) and Cambiasso. Jeff probably had the most difficult job of anyone against Hull. If you didn't notice that Babylon, you weren't concentrating enough.

Which serves to prove my original point above then.

Let's face it .... Whether it happens now, at the end of the season, or 10 game into next season, it's pretty much a nailed on certainty that NP won't be manager for much longer.

Personally I think the best way to move on is do it quickly ... let's get rid now whilst we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Nah I’d rather just blunder on to the pitiful end now.

Imagine how frustrating it would be if a new Manager got us playing well and we ended up narrowly avoiding relegation? Plus, with that scenario everyone would see how good our players actually are and we’d lose them all in the Summer.

No. All I want now is for us to avoid being in the next edition of “Worst five teams in Premiership history”.

http://www.givemesport.com/345214-top-five-worst-premier-league-teams

We still need another 9 points to overhaul Ipswich in 5th place.

Nah I’d rather just blunder on to the pitiful end now.

Imagine how frustrating it would be if a new Manager got us playing well and we ended up narrowly avoiding relegation? Plus, with that scenario everyone would see how good our players actually are and we’d lose them all in the Summer.

No. All I want now is for us to avoid being in the next edition of “Worst five teams in Premiership history”.

http://www.givemesport.com/345214-top-five-worst-premier-league-teams

We still need another 9 points to overhaul Ipswich in 5th place.

I think that pitiful end is going to lose more players though and make recruiting better replacements even harder ....  there's no way that NP will attract better players now he's failed so badly and lost some respect. We're going down as a club not just in relegation but reputation, we've lost the positive momentum that made attracting players a bit easier.

Missed opportunity and the next one may not be along anytime soon. 

We don’t want or need ‘Pearson Out’ banners.

The man has performed wonders after the Sven fiasco. He’s been a brilliant manager for us, but has taken us as far as he can. He won’t be here next season. For contractual reasons I expect him to be ‘let go’ (or kicked upstairs to DoF) as soon as our relegation is confirmed.

I don’t want him to leave the Club, but I certainly don’t want to go through another Premiership campaign with him in charge. I hope they offer him a DoF role but doubt he’d accept it.

The next appointment needs to be a considered one, and so we need to wait until the end of the season rather than desperately latching on to whoever happens to be available right now.

What exactly is better than the Sven 'fiasco' now? He may have been improving things but he has completely undone any good he did by taking us down with a way more expensive squad of over aged has beens (42 year old keeper anyone?)

There was a point at which he was ahead but by ruining things he has set us up, IMO for a drop to the third again unless someone at the top makes a decision soon

Guest MattP

What exactly is better than the Sven 'fiasco' now? He may have been improving things but he has completely undone any good he did by taking us down with a way more expensive squad of over aged has beens (42 year old keeper anyone?)

There was a point at which he was ahead but by ruining things he has set us up, IMO for a drop to the third again unless someone at the top makes a decision soon

Everything is better than the Sven fiasco now.

Just think back to the 3-0 defeat at home to Millwall before the whole thing finally ended.

Everything from league position to personnel to finances.

Was, Cambiasso, Upson, Konch, Hammond all out of contract and free to get rid of if we want. It'll hardly be a squad full of them will it.

I don't get why 3-5-2 is such a difficult formation for the players to understand.  As for Schlupp on the left, there's not much difference between playing as an attacking full back, as he did most of last season, and playing as wing back.  Similar for De Laet.  Pearson and his staff must have given them a clear run-down on their roles prior to the game.  There must be some blame on the players themselves to not be able to make the adjustments and to get at the opposition in a more convincing way.

Was, Cambiasso, Upson, Konch, Hammond all out of contract and free to get rid of if we want. It'll hardly be a squad full of them will it.

On a different thread I've just had to reply to a big Pearson supporter who was reinventing the facts and reinventing history, saying we haven't been outclassed all season, that no side in the whole division has made a good signing all season so how could Pearson possibly have succeeded where others failed, that the likes of Hopper and Panayiotou will save us next season. It was pure fantasy.

But it's important not to rewrite history at the other extreme. Sven also did a good job for a time, in pulling us clear of relegation, but his attempts at team-building were disastrous. Would he have fixed it and taken us up at the the third attempt? Possibly, who knows? But we can only go on what really happened, and the truth is that he misspent a lot of money and the guy who fixed a disjointed side was Pearson.

Now Pearson didn't forge a squad good enough to make the step up and he didn't do enough when he won promotion to improve on his starting eleven. Then he didn't manage the PL squad he had especially well either. All this is true. But there's no point pretending that Sven was making the right moves when he was in charge. 

I've been one of the most 'Pearson In' advocates around, but it's very difficult to argue with the original post. 

We have lost that attacking ruthlessness, and that's the most painful thing. It's a difficult one, though. I can understand how it has happened. We've adapted to accommodate the top sides with some success, and have perhaps been unlucky not to take more points from the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. The problem is that we haven't been able to marry this more cautious approach with a maintained attacking potency and willingness to press and attack against the 'lesser' teams. 

Maybe we'd have been better served keeping the psychological element simple and just continued to attack every game, just as we did last season. We'd have perhaps been battered a few more times, but we'd know exactly how to approach and win games against the teams around us. Thing is, people would be calling for Pearson's head on the basis of tactical naivety if things didn't work out as planned under those tactics. 

It pains me to say it, but it has reached the point now where we would stand a greater chance of survival if we freshened things up a bit. I can't stand 5 at the back anymore. We look devoid of ideas and far too cautious. Having said that, I'm buggered if I know who I'd recruit with the task of saving our season.

And that's the thing, remarkable though it would be if we were to stay up, it is actually manageable given the right application. 

West Ham
Swansea
Burnley
Newcastle
Sunderland
QPR

All winable games, and 37 points gives us a fighting chance. If we're to achieve that, I think we will need a new manager.

Having said all of this, I do think we would revert to a more attacking style of play if we were to get relegated. Pearson may be stubborn when it comes to personnel, but for right or wrong he has a track record of adjusting his tactics to suit the given situation. Yes, 5 at the back hasn't always worked as well as planned, but it is a tactical change nonetheless, and I do believe Pearson would revert back to a more attacking system next season.

To be honest, it's a bloody hard position that we find ourselves in and I'm glad it isn't me that makes the decisions. All we can do as supporters is hope for the best and get behind the team.

Personally, I've gone from being in a position whereby I would be gutted if Pearson left. Now I'm sort of in a position where I feel that if he did, it might be for the best. I'm not Pearson out, and I'm not Pearson in either.

I think that's the best thing about your post, TTFN. This thread has seen more logical, thought out responses to our situation than any other thread I've seen. You've engaged the fans in a manner that has made people think with their heads rather than making knee-jerk and thoughtless conclusions. Hats off.

To conclude: I hope we win lots of footy matches in the near future and also next season even if we go down. I bloody love LCFC.

I'm one of the most 'Pearson In' advocates around, but it's very difficult to argue with the original post.

We have lost that attacking ruthlessness, and that's the most painful thing. It's a difficult one, though. I can understand how it has happened. We've adapted to accommodate the top sides with some success, and have perhaps been unlucky not to take more points from the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. The problem is that we haven't been able to marry this more cautious approach with a maintained attacking potency and willingness to press and attack against the 'lesser' teams.

Maybe we'd have been better served keeping the psychological element simple and just continued to attack every game, just as we did last season. We'd have perhaps been battered a few more times, but we'd know exactly how to approach and win games against the teams around us. Thing is, people would be calling for Pearson's head on the basis of tactical naivety if things didn't work out as planned under those tactics.

It pains me to say it, but it has reached the point now where we would stand a greater chance of survival if we freshened things up a bit. I can't stand 5 at the back anymore. We look devoid of ideas and far too cautious. Having said that, I'm buggered if I know who I'd recruit with the task of saving our season.

And that's the thing, remarkable though it would be if we were to stay up, it is actually manageable given the right application.

West Ham

Swansea

Burnley

Newcastle

Sunderland

QPR

All winable games, and 37 points gives us a fighting chance. If we're to achieve that, I think we will need a new manager.

Having said all of this, I do think we would revert to a more attacking style of play if we were to get relegated. Pearson may be stubborn when it comes to personnel, but for right or wrong he has a track record of adjusting his tactics to suit the given situation. Yes, 5 at the back hasn't always worked as well as planned, but it is a tactical change nonetheless, and I do believe Pearson would revert back to a more attacking system next season.

To be honest, it's a bloody hard position that we find ourselves in and I'm glad it isn't me that makes the decisions. All we can do as supporters is hope for the best and get behind the team.

Personally, I've gone from being in a position whereby I would be gutted if Pearson left. Now I'm sort of in a position where I feel that if he did, it might be for the best. I'm not Pearson out, and I'm not Pearson in either.

I think that's the best thing about your post, TTFN. This thread has seen more logical, thought out responses to our situation than any other thread I've seen. You've engaged the fans in a manner that has made people think with their heads rather than making knee-jerk and thoughtless conclusions. Hats off.

To conclude: I hope we win lots of footy matches in the near future and also next season even if we go down. I bloody love LCFC.

Cracking post that and I 100% echo your sentiments

Archived