Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Pearson Out

I've seen 2 goals in the last 9 I've been to, so feel I am as justified in wanting change as anyone...

However, I just don't see anyone better than NP available, and having followed us closely over the last 10-11 years, it still baffles me how people are happy to change managers without thinking beyond that initial decision. 

Nice post OP. Wasn't going to hang around to read it but scrolled down and saw the tldr thing you'd added and was shamed into reading!

I don't think your expectations were too lofty though. I thought we'd be fine and towards the end of September things were looking very positive. It's gone to pot since then but if we hadn't have turned so negative I'm sure we'd be doing better.

It's not even a question of turning it round quickly more about giving the new manager an extra couple of months in charge to assess the squad find his favoured formation and be ready for a promotion push next season

That's how I see it. If he's going to be gone in the summer I'd rather just get rid now to give the new set-up more time to get things in order.

Get rid of him now.

He's toxic now at this club, he's utterly finished.

We still have a chance of staying up. Six home games and four away games including Burnley and Sunderland.

If and it's a huge IF we won away at those two the table would like this:

Hull Pld 29 Pts 28

Aston Villa Pld 29 Pts 28

Sunderland Pld 30 Pts 26

------------------------------------------

Leicester Pld 30 Pts 25

Burnley Pld 30 Pts 25

QPR Pld 29 Pts 22

We would have six home games out of eight and the likes of Hull have an awful run in.

I know some of you will say I'm clutching at straws but I don't believe our squad is any worse than the teams around us. Pearson is a spent force at our club but if we could persuade O'Neill and the Irish FA he could possibly revitalise us.With the fixtures we have left it's difficult but still very much in our own hands.

Get rid of him now.

He's toxic now at this club, he's utterly finished.

We still have a chance of staying up. Six home games and four away games including Burnley and Sunderland.

If and it's a huge IF we won away at those two the table would like this:

Hull Pld 29 Pts 28

Aston Villa Pld 29 Pts 28

Sunderland Pld 30 Pts 26

------------------------------------------

Leicester Pld 30 Pts 25

Burnley Pld 30 Pts 25

QPR Pld 29 Pts 22

We would have six home games out of eight and the likes of Hull have an awful run in.

I know some of you will say I'm clutching at straws but I don't believe our squad is any worse than the teams around us. Pearson is a spent force at our club but if we could persuade O'Neill and the Irish FA he could possibly revitalise us.With the fixtures we have left it's difficult but still very much in our own hands.

We couldn't score at home to stoke, palace and hull in the last three fixtures. What makes you think we can outscore burnley and sland away?

We couldn't score at home to stoke, palace and hull in the last three fixtures. What makes you think we can outscore burnley and sland away?

Because it's a possibility and we have to believe, what's the alternative?

We have to take our point from Hull, consign it to the past and look forward to the future. We have 30 points to play for and a lot of those games are against teams whose players are no better than ours.

If it was my decision I'd sack Pearson tonight and speak to O'Neill and the Irish FA about a three month contract. I don't think O'Neill is a long term solution for us but lets try something than sticking with the status quo and going down without a fight.

O'Neill could bring some motivation and desire to the club and who knows Leicester City could look like a different team within a couple of games. As much as I dislike Sherwood they now look a different team with same players.

My prediction for those two games, Burnley will dick us 3 or 4-1. Sunderland will beat us 1-0.

Didn't want to read what I thought would be another boring negative thread,especially as I am negative now BUT gotta say that's a top post ttfn.

I think some posters think we just moan for meanings sake but us 40+ ERS who've seen shite and great at this club are just embarrassed at this season.

I ain't going off on one but I genuinely thought wed be okay this season.Not beid table or owt but at least be 17th or fighting hard.All the positivity of last season has withered away and players who were confident and not afraid to try things are shadows of themselves.

We won't just be relegated we will be in a worse playing position than we were at the beginning of the season.

Thanks for everything Nice,you'll be one of the best bosses of our era but end of season that's gotta be it.

It's not that you lose, it's the way that you lose that counts...with relegation it's the same. It's been a terrible season overall. i still find it inexplicable that any club believes success in the PL can be had with largely the same sqaud that gets promotion. We were too slow to get some new blood in and NP hasn't galvanised the "old" squad (although we are a relatively aged team) with the new in-season signings. The changing formation and poor performances of some regulars such as our captain have all made for a flop of a season. None of us thought it was going to be easy but for long periods of many of our games we have been terrible to watch. Burnley have some fight and QPR some talent, I'm struggling to describe what we have at the moment. Ironically i think we have gained some admirers elements of the displays when we've been up against the very best this season but against everyone else we have been a shadow of the team we were last season. Our aim next season has got to be promotion and NP can't cut at this level; his behaviour has been increasingly bizarre to say the least and god knows what the squad must have thought of his antics. I just looked at his so-called press conference clip after yesterday's game on the Mercury's web-site and if he worked for me i'd sack him on the spot. I don't know anything about the guy and have no personal view whatsoever on him, but he clearly can't cut it under pressure and that is the one thing any manager at this level must be able to deal with. I hope he finds a club better suited to his skills and abilities (of which he has much) because we want to be in the PL and there's nothing but pressure at this level.

Just seen the interview with the journo.

Pearson has lost the plot.

Lost it a while ago col...its the culmination of all the petty little things.Like someone said he's the only staff with a hatrick...arguing with a fan,strangling a player,and now journos too!

Been out the loop since late yesterday evening and he's still here.

Still angry at the man for fielding 3 CBs against 10 men at home and replacing an attacking RB for a player who plays mostly LW.

Then he tells us the players weren't attack minded enough.

That's clueless decision making and clueless analysis at any level of the game. Utterly clueless.

Praying that he goes sooner rather than later. Its plain to see to even the most patient Leicester fans that it is time for a change. Like someone touched on above, it'd ideal to bring someone in so he can get a feel for the squad and sort things out in the summer. With maybe even a VERY slight chance of a change in momentum and keeping us up.

Nil got us a point yesterday ?

Sorry to be a pedant Thracian

Yes, and that seems to be our philosophy. Which is why we're languishing at the bottom of the table with a team that should be at least competing for a lower mid-table place.      

****s sake. 7:30pm and nothing. It's just not going to happen is it? We can still stay up mathematically - we should be trying to do everything possible to make the most of that, no matter how slim the chances, and that means getting rid of Pearson. Now.

I was hoping he'd be gone today so that the owners had a few days to find a replacement. If It was down to me I would bring O'Neil in like others have said for the final 10 games and literally hope for the best.

Pearsons had enough chances now to change our fortunes around and week after week we find ourselves saying the same things! Please get rid of him now before some of our fans really start to hate the bloke.

Archived