Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Pearson Out

Also wtf you're surprised I am bringing ANYTHING up because I am a Pearson fan? So cos I am a Pearson fan I can't bring anything up?

Yes, vomit, if I was you. You must feel really sick deep down, at the way Pearson has made this club the laughing stock of the Premiership. 

But then we go up and sack a manager who's just got us promoted.....

And then have to get a new manager who not only is proven at premiership level, but suits the style of the new players he's inherited?

Yes, a new manager who can get the players to adapt to his, style.

"Negative Nigel" will never change his ways, and can't inspire his own players. 

gotta say i read the first two lines and they were great man well played

also gotta say if nige goes now i ain't even that arsed, he's had a lot of chances just to get one or two positive results against crap teams and he hasn't. real shame but if they were to sack him don't think anyone could argue with it. 

Absolutely fantastic post, ttfn. It sums up all the thoughts I've had over the last few months. I don't need to read any other post on this thread or indeed the forum.

Could have done with a more original title though :)

Not sure I agree that we will need a big rebuild next season. I certainly don't think you can pass it off as fact.

I agree with much of your assessment of this season but you're assuming that our players will all become awful in the Championship which I think is rather unlikely. I think you're being too pessimistic and a little short-sighted in believing that this season will have 'broken' the manager and players beyond repair.

Keep Pearson, keep a good Championship squad together. Decent chance (IMO, anyway) of going up next season.

Fantastic original post, sums most things up for me.

One point that Pearson-backers regularly make is the "he'll get us back up", with the 'evidence' that he's done it before. I would sincerely love to believe that and I'm trying my best, but it won't be that easy. Look at other managers that have got teams up automatically. Nigel Adkins? Roy Keane? Brian McDermott? They've all failed to do it again.

Nigel Pearson has many good points. He signs young & hungry players with the right attitude, he has a good backroom staff (particularly the scouting team), he ensures players are motivated and complacency is avoid at all times. However, he is one of the worse tacticians I've ever witnessed.

That wasn't a problem in previous seasons as we played a standard 4-4-2, with some good quality but, more importantly, a motivated and focussed squad. That bought us success and he has to take a lot of credit for creating that environment. However, the awful run in early 2013 revealed a huge tactical weakness in his armoury. He tinkered, he chopped and changed but nobody could quite understand what he was trying to achieve. Results were shocking and his ugly attitude began to show it's self, telling fans "if you don't like it, don't come". Sound familiar?

That 2013 run was the source of a big concern of mine going into this season, was Pearson a good enough tactician to mastermind enough wins to survive? I had hoped he had learnt his lesson, but he hasn't. If anything, as the season has progressed his team selections, tactics and substitutions have become even more illogical and even more spectacularly unsuccessful.

If after 5/6 games the performances aren't great, and relegated sides often struggle initially, the fans will really turn on him, he'll get sacked and where does that leave us?

One point that Pearson-backers regularly make is the "he'll get us back up", with the 'evidence' that he's done it before. I would sincerely love to believe that and I'm trying my best, but it won't be that easy. Look at other managers that have got teams up automatically. Nigel Adkins? Roy Keane? Brian McDermott? They've all failed to do it again.

Nigel Pearson has many good points. He signs young & hungry players with the right attitude, he has a good backroom staff (particularly the scouting team), he ensures players are motivated and complacency is avoid at all times. However, he is one of the worse tacticians I've ever witnessed.

That wasn't a problem in previous seasons as we played a standard 4-4-2, with some good quality but, more importantly, a motivated and focussed squad. That bought us success and he has to take a lot of credit for creating that environment. However, the awful run in early 2013 revealed a huge tactical weakness in his armoury. He tinkered, he chopped and changed but nobody could quite understand what he was trying to achieve. Results were shocking and his ugly attitude began to show it's self, telling fans "if you don't like it, don't come". Sound familiar?

That 2013 run was the source of a big concern of mine going into this season, was Pearson a good enough tactician to mastermind enough wins to survive? I had hoped he had learnt his lesson, but he hasn't. If anything, as the season has progressed his team selections, tactics and substitutions have become even more illogical and even more spectacularly unsuccessful.

If after 5/6 games the performances aren't great, and relegated sides often struggle initially, the fans will really turn on him, he'll get sacked and where does that leave us?

Yours and the OP are the two best comments I've read on here

Just watched MOTD back and NPs interview at the end leaves me even more bemused.

He firmly places the blame for the result on his players - if they don't respond he's going to make changes.

Perhaps rather than tinker further with selections he should consider how he applies himself to games.  He just doesn't accept any criticism personally.  The players will eventually turn on him imo.

I understand people's frustrations but so much hate towards Pearson! This season has been very disapointing but we know it was always going to be a masive ask to stay up. We have not been helped by Pearson and a lot of his decisions and I now agree that a fresh start with Management is needed, but the way some of you direct so much abuse towards someone who did an incredible job for us right up until after the Burnley game, is pretty ridiculous.

He will most likely go at the end of this season so people baying for his blood, just be patient. You can moan we should have sacked sooner, but that is the owners, not Pearson's doing.

Can we also please remember while we are throwing insults at him, that he did an incredible job getting us here and although our time back in the Prem after 10 years has been pretty damn awful, he doesn't deserve the torrent of abuse he is getting. 

Just watched MOTD back and NPs interview at the end leaves me even more bemused.

He firmly places the blame for the result on his players - if they don't respond he's going to make changes.

Perhaps rather than tinker further with selections he should consider how he applies himself to games. He just doesn't accept any criticism personally. The players will eventually turn on him imo.

I honestly think they already have. His tactics and formations must be an absolute mindfvck to work with, they dont even make sense. I stick by what I said a while ago, he is over-complicating things. Football is a simple game if played correctly.

Good post Ricey

Another example of managers not being able to achieve promotion again is Micky Adams. He did exceptionally well to get us promoted automatically in 02/03, but couldn't do it again 04/05. Instead he left us mid-table and on the slippery slope down.

It'll be even harder for Pearson as I don't remember there being too much animosity towards Adams when we got relegated, the majority of the fans were still fully behind him. That's not the case for Pearson.

Both occasions in recent years that we've bounced back after relegation have been under new managers (Adams in 02/03 and Pearson in 08/09).

Guest MattP

They weren't behind Adams for very long though - remember an Adams Out banner being hung up behind the goal at Rotherham away.

I'm hoping they will be there for the next home game.

We don’t want or need ‘Pearson Out’ banners.

The man has performed wonders after the Sven fiasco. He’s been a brilliant manager for us, but has taken us as far as he can. He won’t be here next season. For contractual reasons I expect him to be ‘let go’ (or kicked upstairs to DoF) as soon as our relegation is confirmed.

I don’t want him to leave the Club, but I certainly don’t want to go through another Premiership campaign with him in charge. I hope they offer him a DoF role but doubt he’d accept it.

The next appointment needs to be a considered one, and so we need to wait until the end of the season rather than desperately latching on to whoever happens to be available right now.

I'm hoping they will be there for the next home game.

That would be extremely intelligent....

Am certain opinion has now turned against Pearson but I'd rather our fans get behind the team, in the short term, rather than see the looney brigade come out in force. With fans like this I'll not hold my breath [emoji19]

He was right in what he said about the players not committing to attack enough, but for me that came from none of them not 100% knowing what their roles were.

Another new formation, another new bunch of players. From the kick off for me they looked unsure and were just feeling their way through the game rather than everyone knowing what their job was, where they should be in attack and defence, knowing someone will be there if you do leave the confines of your position to attack etc

He was right in what he said about the players not committing to attack enough, but for me that came from none of them not 100% knowing what their roles were.

Another new formation, another new bunch of players. From the kick off for me they looked unsure and were just feeling their way through the game rather than everyone knowing what their job was, where they should be in attack and defence, knowing someone will be there if you do leave the confines of your position to attack etc

Finally, Babs posts some sense, I agree with what you've said pal!!

Archived