Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Pearson Out

It's a good post .... And describes very well what happened ..... But some of us could see what was happening when it happened and wanted change then ....

But you had nothing but negativity towards those people .... Now you see it as they have seen it for 6 months what do you think of the people that have wanted NP out since November????

If you say something's going to shit often enough you're bound to be right eventually. That's not directed particularly at you but at the fact that there will be some who have been saying this pretty much since Pearson came back. Or since the Barnsley debacle or events to that effect. 

It's a good post .... And describes very well what happened ..... But some of us could see what was happening when it happened and wanted change then ....

But you had nothing but negativity towards those people .... Now you see it as they have seen it for 6 months what do you think of the people that have wanted NP out since November????

I didn't want him out 6 months ago, you did. I was wrong, you were right. No point in doing what some others are doing, and trying to cling on to some slim chance that - given long enough - they might actually turn out to be right. I was wrong, and if the fans had kicked up a fuss for Pearson to be fired back in November and we'd brought in Pulis, or Sherwood, we'd almost certainly be doing a great deal better.

So yes, you're 100% correct. But now we know that, and we can learn from it. A good start would be getting rid of Pearson today, bringing in a manager who might just prove good enough to manage at this level someday, giving him ten games of valuable experience in the PL so he can learn a little about managing at this level and about our squad's strengths and weaknesses.

Above all we have to build again for the future and, if we want that future to someday be in the Premier League, Pearson would be the most short-term option available.

I'm at a complete loss here - it's quite clear Nigel isn't learning and, as much as I like his vision for the club in terms of finances and player recruitment, tactically he's out of his depth. I'd stick with him since history shows he's a more than competent championship manager but it's starting to look like a bounce back and boot deal.

Finally people are seeing sense, I understand that pearson got us up, but he's been shocking this season, and even the respect and loyalty of his harden supporters has been tested.

Just wish the owners would get rid today, and see if somebody from within, with new ideas, and who knows the players, could at least try and keep us up, in the next 10 games.

Great post ttfn.

For the first time since we've had him, I have today joined the "Pearson out" gang. Had looked at remaining fixtures, had us staying up on 33 points. Not beating Hull at home is very, very poor, even if they finished the match with 11. It leaves us with no chance.

Unfortunately, we are probably gonna end up with a very uninspiring replacement. At least Tony Mowbray is busy.

Five at the back and one up front, I just didn't get it today especially playing (no disrespect) but Hull City at home. We need to win games. And something is not working because Hull created many chances, arguably better opportunities.

He's right saying we our home form needs to drastically improve and we have got six home games left but we've only won two home games all season, how's it going to change?

Nigel's managers as a player

Spot the tactical sophisticate

Sheffield Wed

Howard wilkinson, Peter Eustace , Ron Atkinson, Trevor Francis

Midlesborough

Bryan Robson

A fair smattering of ex players "having a go" and mostly in the stereotypical English up and at em mould. Robson especially laddish and unable to sustain a coaching career when it all got more professional. Are these NFPs role models?

Finally people are seeing sense, I understand that pearson got us up, but he's been shocking this season, and even the respect and loyalty of his harden supporters has been tested.

Just wish the owners would get rid today, and see if somebody from within, with new ideas, and who knows the players, could at least try and keep us up, in the next 10 games.

This

I didn't want him out 6 months ago, you did. I was wrong, you were right. No point in doing what some others are doing, and trying to cling on to some slim chance that - given long enough - they might actually turn out to be right. I was wrong, and if the fans had kicked up a fuss for Pearson to be fired back in November and we'd brought in Pulis, or Sherwood, we'd almost certainly be doing a great deal better.

So yes, you're 100% correct. But now we know that, and we can learn from it. A good start would be getting rid of Pearson today, bringing in a manager who might just prove good enough to manage at this level someday, giving him ten games of valuable experience in the PL so he can learn a little about managing at this level and about our squad's strengths and weaknesses.

Above all we have to build again for the future and, if we want that future to someday be in the Premier League, Pearson would be the most short-term option available.

Fair play to you.

The difficulty the club now have is the debacle about "sacking" him a month ago .... They now need to really sack him and that's going to be embarrassing.

But yes .... We can only take action today, not in hindsight .... So let's just do it and do it quickly ......

The shame is that I quite fancied Tim Sherwood ..... Seems he'd have been a decent bet and plays the cavalier confident attacking football that I wouldn't mind watching even if it was too late to survive.

As for the latest Pearson rant, I have to agree with m4DD0gg.

So, from time to time we might all want to scream and shout and swear and rant, but for most normal working people, that isn't acceptable in a professional capacity. There are what we would call proper channels to express your disgruntlement.

Being the manager of a football club put's you in the media spotlight, being manager of the one rooted to the foot of the premier league more so. Anybody with any dignity, whether they wanted to bite his head of and shit down his neck or not, would have answered the question in a reasoned, responsible and professional way and if there was a retort to be made, might have been a bit clever about it, or just made a 'no comment' gesture.

Snapping infront of the awaiting media, swearing like an idiot, and trying to play the intiminating hard man role is not professional. It shows Pearsons lack of personal control, and it shows he is a man on the edge, and that probably shows that if thats all it takes for him to crack and make unhealthy decisions about his behaviour in front of the national press then it's probably not difficult to see how his attitude may have effected performances, subtitutions and decisions relating to his team.

So, just to get this straight:

You pick out one question (the last one, in fact) out of many asked in a post-match press conference and the corresponding reply and thus deduct that the manager has lost the plot?

Either you're easily gullible, intentionally picky or you can't dwell any further to paint the complete picture.

And no mention of the journalist or the idiotic and twisted question he asked, either.

I have never seen Pearson rant extensively, let alone scream. In the vast majority of cases, he comes across as a level-headed, calm and articulate person. But sadly, one touchy answer is enough to fuel the fire of the people that have never warmed up to him in the first place.

Fair play to you.

The difficulty the club now have is the debacle about "sacking" him a month ago .... They now need to really sack him and that's going to be embarrassing.

But yes .... We can only take action today, not in hindsight .... So let's just do it and do it quickly ......

The shame is that I quite fancied Tim Sherwood ..... Seems he'd have been a decent bet and plays the cavalier confident attacking football that I wouldn't mind watching even if it was too late to survive.

I really don't think Sherwood is a good manager. Think he will be found out eventually. I think with miserable Lambert, all Villa needed was a positive leader around the place. They don't get much more positive and confident than Sherwood. When he has to buy his own players and properly develop his own style I think he will struggle.

So, just to get this straight:

You pick out one question (the last one, in fact) out of many asked in a post-match press conference and the corresponding reply and thus deduct that the manager has lost the plot?

Either you're easily gullible, intentionally picky or you can't dwell any further to paint the complete picture.

And no mention of the journalist or the idiotic and twisted question he asked, either.

I have never seen Pearson rant extensively, let alone scream. In the vast majority of cases, he comes across as a level-headed, calm and articulate person. But sadly, one touchy answer is enough to fuel the fire of the people that have never warmed up to him in the first place.

Cool story bro.

You going to reply to the OP yet?

Great post ttfn. Agree with every word of that.

I haven't called for Pearsons head once this season, in fact for the best part of the season I've believed he was the man who was going to go get us out this mess. My opinion started to change (probably should of done before this) at Villa in the FA Cup. Today was the day that told me his days at the club are up.

You could feel the negativity towards him and the team at the ground today. To set up like that against the shower of shite that Hull are is unforgivable. Kramaric on the wing, with Vardy through the middle. His substitutions.There's too much negativity surrounding the club now and its stemmed from Pearson and his tactics. Like ttfn said, the way in which we grew to love to see this team play has gone and replaced by something completely different. The man that seemed so calm and calculated in the past is now erratic and stubborn. His head has gone.

First time I've said this this season - but whether its now or the end of the season, he does need to leave the club. A new manager needs to come in with fresh ideas to look at the squad that is obviously good enough to gain promotion from the Championship at the first attempt. It will give players like Knockaert a fresh chance to come in and prove their worth. I'd like to say Pearson would be the perfect man to lead us back out the Championship but I fear the negative impact of this season will be too much, and he'll never get that team playing like he did, or the team spirit back to the level it was. 

Thanks for the memories Nige, you've been fantastic up until the last 5 months.

Great post. I have also been pro Pearson. But have found it difficult to defend him since the QPR game to be honest.

I have spent 5 years defending him. Most of the time with good reason. As he has done a lot of good for this football club. And we are in a better place for him being here. (Not difficult as we were at the lowest point in our history)

But like many of our players he seems out of his depth.

Great post ttfn.

For the first time since we've had him, I have today joined the "Pearson out" gang. Had looked at remaining fixtures, had us staying up on 33 points. Not beating Hull at home is very, very poor, even if they finished the match with 11. It leaves us with no chance.

Unfortunately, we are probably gonna end up with a very uninspiring replacement. At least Tony Mowbray is busy.

A like for like replacement then as there is nothing inspiring about Nigel Pearson.

Top top post. The only thing I disagree with is getting rid now. Easier to find a good manager in the summer. Certainly no-one I know is available would be much better. We need to look at how Swansea and Southampton did it - we need to be playing Premiership-style football in the Championship. You can't play trad Brit 4-4-2 one season and 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 at a higher level, the next.

Good point. Swansea in particular I still somehow think of as an old 4th division side living in the shadow of their bigger Welsh rivals. 

How did they get to where they are now? We need an injection of that at Leicester. And quickly. 

Remember when they came to us in the Championship. A footballing side who looked head & shoulders above any other team that season. Little Swansea. Now everyone loves them.

Premier stability. Forays into Europe. Exciting attacking football. 

All of which seems a million miles away with Pearson in charge & the mindset of the current squad. 

Archived