Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I dont know how much of you watch College Football, but IMO Justin fields is as good of a prospect as Trevor Lawrence, if not better. It won't matter anyway, unless the Jets fire Adam Gase. That man is the worst NFL head coach ive ever seen, and I'm a Lions fan lol

He looks imperious I agree.

Speaking of QBs, how do you think Bo Nix is coming along? He seems so highly rated, and some of his scrambling on Saturday was good, but I just am not "feeling" it, if that makes sense, like I am with someone like Fields? I get that Nix is younger, still learning though. I do also wonder if Mac Jones will sneak into the first round as well when the draft comes around?

Very much looking forward to Georgia-Flordia and Clemson-Notre Dame this weekend. We're blessed to be getting the latter on TV. Now Sky is owned by Comcast it broadcasts the Notre Dame NBC gams on Sky Sports NFL.

On 02/11/2020 at 13:54, Detroit Blues said:

I dont know how much of you watch College Football, but IMO Justin fields is as good of a prospect as Trevor Lawrence, if not better. It won't matter anyway, unless the Jets fire Adam Gase. That man is the worst NFL head coach ive ever seen, and I'm a Lions fan lol

Looking forward to see where he gets drafted. Hopefully not the jets. I watched on Netflix QB under the lights documentary came across very well. Maybe Detroit as a Stafford replacement. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KFS said:

Steelers end the run 11-1 with a loss to Washington Football Team. Almost as bad as losing to Zorya :ph34r:

I’m all aboard the NY Giants big blue train! Pulled their shit together and now leading NFC* East

If the Giants win the division, they get to host a playoff game regardless of having a worse record than all of the other playoff teams. With the expanded format of the playoffs, they would have a real chance of advancing. I kind of get vibes of that 7-9 Seattle Seahawks team that beat New Orleans with Marshawn Lynch's "Beastquake." Now the more I think about it, the Giants won the superbowl on the back of their defense after a pretty mediocre 9-7 season :whistle:

10 hours ago, KFS said:

Steelers end the run 11-1 with a loss to Washington Football Team. Almost as bad as losing to Zorya :ph34r:

I’m all aboard the NY Giants big blue train! Pulled their shit together and now leading AFC East

Bit harsh on Washington that! We are starting to form a strong attack and defence. Losing Gibson after 2 minutes could have been game over but they all pulled together to beat probably the strongest team in the leagues. 

Chase Young's tackle on Snell to stop a Touch down was unreal. 

And the fact Alex Smith can still walk let alone play is nothing short of a miracle! 

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

If the Giants win the division, they get to host a playoff game regardless of having a worse record than all of the other playoff teams. With the expanded format of the playoffs, they would have a real chance of advancing. I kind of get vibes of that 7-9 Seattle Seahawks team that beat New Orleans with Marshawn Lynch's "Beastquake." Now the more I think about it, the Giants won the superbowl on the back of their defense after a pretty mediocre 9-7 season :whistle:

It’s happening lol 

A huge thanks to Cam Newton for giving us a break from the Patriots dominating the AFC East. I always felt they sucked the life out of enjoying any jeopardy in the AFC, until last season of course!

It's testament to how absolutely incredible they were for such a sustained period, but it's nice to have it be a bit more interesting other than "who will play the Pats in the Championship game?" for nine years straight.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...