Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Chiefs are just too good I fear. I’d rather the Bucs win and I can talk myself into them making it close, but Chiefs just have too much for me. 

Obviously as a Chargers fan I hope if the Chiefs do win, Mahomes decides to retire and go and play baseball or something. 

10 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Obviously as a Chargers fan I hope if the Chiefs do win, Mahomes decides to retire and go and play baseball or something. 

As a Broncos fan I feel the same way. At least the Chargers have Herbert, we have no hope without a QB in this division.

I am desperately trying to talk myself into the Buccs but I just can't quite see it. Kansas City does have a lot of injuries on their offensive line which could play a part as the Buccs have two good pass rushers and they also have two linebackers in David and White who could make life difficult for Kelce. I don't think any team can stop him as such, you can only try and limit the damage he does. The biggest worry for the Buccs is turnovers - if they can win the turnover battle they could make a game of it but unfortunately they seem like a hallmark of Bruce Arians' teams and Mahomes doesn't make many mistakes (and when he does they always seem to get dropped by defenders).

On 03/02/2021 at 12:12, mancunianfox said:

As a Broncos fan I feel the same way. At least the Chargers have Herbert, we have no hope without a QB in this division.

I am desperately trying to talk myself into the Buccs but I just can't quite see it. Kansas City does have a lot of injuries on their offensive line which could play a part as the Buccs have two good pass rushers and they also have two linebackers in David and White who could make life difficult for Kelce. I don't think any team can stop him as such, you can only try and limit the damage he does. The biggest worry for the Buccs is turnovers - if they can win the turnover battle they could make a game of it but unfortunately they seem like a hallmark of Bruce Arians' teams and Mahomes doesn't make many mistakes (and when he does they always seem to get dropped by defenders).

Hello their fellow Broncos fan. Buccs for me what's one more ring to his collection. 

• Like 1

The Chiefs are without two of their starting offensive tackles, and their center is not practicing due to COVID quarantine. I think the Buc's defensive line is going to really make things difficult for Mahomes. I hope I am wrong, and the Chiefs win anyway, because Tom Brady is nauseating. 

Feel like this season with the Bucs has given me a lot more respect and admiration for TB, probably with how nauseatingly predictable the AFC was when the Pats were in their pomp, rolling through season after season.

And whilst I'm not a Chiefs fan, I'd love them to go back-to-back. There's something about this team that I just like.

Mainly I just want a close, close game. 31-27 or 35-33 or something like that would do me.

Getting ready for long night....beers in fridge snack food at the ready ....no real affinity for either team tonight....been to Tampa a few times when holidaying in Florida so Ill go with that..Just hope for a good close game ..Currently watching the golf which was incredibly close up to few mins ago ( 10 players within 1 shot heading into final 3/4 holes) then  Koepka hits miracle chip for an eagle 2 at 17th to take 2 shot lead