Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

UK related NFL issue;

The BBC’s coverage of the NFL seems really poor to me this season. I enjoyed the two shows a week, one highlight, one preview. But now with them both rolled into one, just doesn’t feel as good. Especially when you’re seeing highlights from week 3, example, when week 4 has already started. Seems very odd. 

On 02/10/2020 at 17:35, Fox in the North said:

Judging Jamal Adams speedy exit it’s not too hard :cry:

How easy is it though for rookies to refuse to play for the team that drafted them? I know Elway and Eli Manning did something similar, I wonder if we'll see it in 2021 with Lawrence.

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

UK related NFL issue;

The BBC’s coverage of the NFL seems really poor to me this season. I enjoyed the two shows a week, one highlight, one preview. But now with them both rolled into one, just doesn’t feel as good. Especially when you’re seeing highlights from week 3, example, when week 4 has already started. Seems very odd. 

Hope this doesn't sound hostile, but is there a reason you can't consume the NFL's offerings? I find their YT highlights and the content of other providers on YouTube more than good enough to cater for highlights/previews of the week? (though I appreciate not everyone has time for 15 mins+ of every game!)

10 hours ago, bovril said:

How easy is it though for rookies to refuse to play for the team that drafted them? I know Elway and Eli Manning did something similar, I wonder if we'll see it in 2021 with Lawrence.

I think it's pretty hard until they've proved what they're capable of.

A season or two of play and someone will come in for them if they make a big deal of wages/contract a la Adams. The other strategy is make noise pre-draft but that's obviously pretty risky. Some reporters claimed they heard early rumblings of Burrow not wanting to go to the Bengals but obviously nothing happened.

11 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I think it's pretty hard until they've proved what they're capable of.

A season or two of play and someone will come in for them if they make a big deal of wages/contract a la Adams. The other strategy is make noise pre-draft but that's obviously pretty risky. Some reporters claimed they heard early rumblings of Burrow not wanting to go to the Bengals but obviously nothing happened.

Agreed but could see Lawrence holding out for a few reasons:

• Most NFL ready QB since Andrew Luck
  • Jets needing multiple drafts/free agency to improve their roster to a competitive level
  • It's happened before as mentioned with Manning

I can see a situation with them giving up the top spot for a crazy amount of draft pick like Houston and getting multiple first rounders, there are still some very good other QB's available for the upcoming draft in Lance & Fields too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

• Jets needing multiple drafts/free agency to improve their roster to a competitive level

I can see a situation with them giving up the top spot for a crazy amount of draft pick like Houston and getting multiple first rounders, there are still some very good other QB's available for the upcoming draft in Lance & Fields too.

The Jets have a good QB need more areas of concern to help them win games specifically o-line and d-line.

15 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Yeah, that's not a bad shout at all, I think the Jets, if they are to get the first pick, could do a lot more if they spread the picks out.

2 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

The Jets have a good QB need more areas of concern to help them win games specifically o-line and d-line.

It will be interesting to see who goes for Lawrence this year. Feels like there were a lot of QBs drafter early this year but maybe that's just recency bias.

Can see the Bucs going for a QB mid/late first round depending on who is available.

37 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Yeah, that's not a bad shout at all, I think the Jets, if they are to get the first pick, could do a lot more if they spread the picks out.

It will be interesting to see who goes for Lawrence this year. Feels like there were a lot of QBs drafter early this year but maybe that's just recency bias.

Can see the Bucs going for a QB mid/late first round depending on who is available.

Possibly though they'll want another year from Tom Brady. Can see the jags going for tlaw. 

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Damn. Dak just Daniel Amartey'd his ankle. Hate to see that.

Looked horrible. Not for the faint-hearted. Hope he makes a full recovery but I'm guessing he'll be out for about a year?? 

As for Seahawks, left it late but Wilson turned up when it counted! 

Slightly off topic... Baseball! 

We're getting to the interesting stage now with the World Series almost upon us - and a decider between the Astro's and the Ray's tonight, whilst the Braves and Dodgers match up is finally poised too. 

Just wondering if any of you guys have been following the action - and most importantly, know of a good freemium source to watch it from?

• 2 weeks later...