Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Loving the 49ers Arsenal moment where the entire team went and posed for a photo after one interception. 

I know NFL players celebrate most plays but that was a step beyond. Big oops now. lol

It’s been known for teams to do that even when they’re losing...

55 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

It’s been known for teams to do that even when they’re losing...

Yeah like I said in my first post, I'm well aware NFL teams ridiculously over celebrate every play but that one definitely felt like a premature celebration. 

It's a fourth quarter interception celebrating the fact they've retained their ten point lead, it felt like a defining moment in the match, hell half this thread was writing off KC and Mahomes at that point and calling it done. 

Definitely struck me as OTT and a bit soon when I saw it. I was pretty on the fence before hand and found myself wanting KC to come back afterwards. 

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah like I said in my first post, I'm well aware NFL teams ridiculously over celebrate every play but that one definitely felt like a premature celebration. 

It's a fourth quarter interception celebrating the fact they've retained their ten point lead, it felt like a defining moment in the match, hell half this thread was writing off KC and Mahomes at that point and calling it done. 

Definitely struck me as OTT and a bit soon when I saw it. I was pretty on the fence before hand and found myself wanting KC to come back afterwards. 

They’d have probably done the same thing if they were losing..... 

• 1 month later...
On 18/03/2020 at 10:37, FOXYTALK said:

Wow what a crazy Free Agency!

Tom Brady going to the Bucs!

Some really interesting moves so far, can't say I'm too surpised Brady isn't a Patriot any more but a bit surprised he has gone to the Bucs.

Pleased on a personal level that the Ravens have bolstered the front line massively with Calais Campbell and Michael Brockers, our D is gonna be tough!

18 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Some really interesting moves so far, can't say I'm too surpised Brady isn't a Patriot any more but a bit surprised he has gone to the Bucs.

Pleased on a personal level that the Ravens have bolstered the front line massively with Calais Campbell and Michael Brockers, our D is gonna be tough!

Glad to hear that. I'm a Broncos fan and so far i'm happy with free agency so far. Glad we have improved options for Lock offensively and bolstered the Dline with Glasglow and Casey.

16 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I tried this out last week, it's pretty neat. You can basically watch any game from the last decade. You can go into the settings and turn off the scores so that you can randomly pick a game from the past and watch it not knowing who won. 

I only wish they had more classic games. I'd love to see more footage of the great players from the past. I watched some college football games on youtube from the 50's... what a different time: leather helmets, old school formations like the Wing T, and QBs that drop back from under center 10-15 feet before they throw the football. The game has come a long way.