Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Just remember it's only free until June/July!!

I've not given it a go yet but will probably watch the Ravens 2012 Superbowl run or go and see the legendary 00 Superbowl winning defence.

I've also just started listening to the Around The NFL Podcast. Really enjoyed it the last week or so with all the free agency moves going on.

14 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Just remember it's only free until June/July!!

I've not given it a go yet but will probably watch the Ravens 2012 Superbowl run or go and see the legendary 00 Superbowl winning defence.

I've also just started listening to the Around The NFL Podcast. Really enjoyed it the last week or so with all the free agency moves going on.

You don't have to provide a credit card, so there's no risk that you'll forget and they'll start charging you (like other free trials).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tbf this is the only sport to have any activity at present due to the Covid-19. Really enjoying free agency so far for my Colts, loading up to win this season with Rivers, Buckner, Rhodes in the house. 

With the draft confirmed to take place at the end of April it should make for an interesting viewing :)  

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

For those of you who, much like myself, believe that reading out names aloud equates to top-class sport, then the NFL Draft starts tomorrow night.  :celebrate:

Can't wait guna sit out the first day due to colts not having a first round pick but will watch the fun unfold over Friday/Saturday.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Anyone expecting Burrow to be any good? I dunno, just got this vibe that last season was a one-off and he won't be the powerhouse people expect.

It's 100% likely the above will age spectacularly poorly, but it's just my nagging doubt.

I think he's the real deal. Trouble is the Bengals have got their work cut out building a roster around him. And the AFC is stacked with talented young QBs (Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Minshew) who have a head start on him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think he's the real deal. Trouble is the Bengals have got their work cut out building a roster around him. And the AFC is stacked with talented young QBs (Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Minshew) who have a head start on him.

Best college QB stats in history at LSU, had a great roster there which most will be drafted in the first few rounds. i think hes the real deal not a better prospect out of college such as Manning or Luck but won't flop like suggested.

Also i can imagine some teething problems going on tonight in the first round of the draft, i know they ran a mock earlier in the week but someone is gonna make a mistake tech wise. 

• Like 1

My fear is. Miami take Tua he fails.

He goes elsewhere he succeeds and everyone looks at miami like they were mad. Just the way things have gone for us in recent years.

The top order of this draft tho is actually really interesting, some good QB and plenty of promising tackles as well.

1st time I've really paid much attention, Covid19 has a lot to answer for lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2020 at 03:30, FOXYTALK said:

Schedules released Thursday, Do we think it will go ahead?

I believe the NFL will attempt to continue on schedule, but I don't believe it is likely. For the season to start on schedule, NFL training camps would need to begin in July, and while certain areas of the country may be in the process of recovery by then, others will still have hundreds of new daily COVID cases. All it will take is one player to get sick during training camp, and it will grind the season to a halt. The team would have to self-quarentine for 14 days, and it would not be fair to that franchise, to be the only team not training. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Washington Redskins agree review of controversial team name

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53276070

The Washington Redskins American football team will review its name after demands from major sponsors.

Its headline sponsor, Fedex, joined a fresh wave of calls to scrap a team moniker long-criticised as racist.

The Washington DC-based team has faced years of pressure over a name seen as offensive to Native Americans. The latest calls come amid a fresh focus on racism sparked by worldwide protests.

• 2 weeks later...