Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Next season!

If we can stay clear of the relegation zone and maybe get to a cup semi that would be a perfect season. Even if we finished lower in the table with less points as long as we are never in a relegation scrap I will be satisfied. Building slowly ala Stoke, Swansea and Southampton etc is the way for a club like us. Give us a few years in this league with Nige's philosophy then can't see why we can't emulate those teams successes. 

Honestly, anything above 17th but avoiding a scramble at the end of the season, and a little cup run in either cup would be great. I don't think we need to be thinking about 10th+ next year, just being a little more consistent than this year.

The cup run possibility is almost entirely down to chance.

I don't completely agree. You can be a good cup side, as we were under O'Neill. Some managers seem to be able to focus and organise teams effectively for one-off games.

The second season is almost as difficult as the first and whilst we would love a top 10 finish, it may be more realistic to secure where we currently are. Another season like this would be a success in my opinion, albeit, a rather mediocre one. 

Like Bramhall, I predicted 14th before a ball was kicked; know I (and the majority of us) had our doubts but thankfully it came good. Think we could get 10th next season and possibly a day out to Wembley BUT we must invest in better playing personnel this year.

There is definitely the beginning of something very special there now, but, we can't let slip.

I'd take any mid table finish and I'd happily replicate this season again. Don't wanna be 17th all season and draw loads of games 0-0 or be like Newcastle/Sunderland.

Realistic expectation is between 11th-14th

Hopeful expectation of 8th-11th

If we play like we did from West Ham onwards again then the realistic expectation is more than attainable. I'm not ready to rush our progress up the leagues yet. Many teams now estalished didn't rush their progress, Stoke, Swansea etc. We did the great escape this year, let's build a few places next year and power onwards from there.

Archived