Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Total overhaul who will go?

Sounds like I'm about the only one more excited now than I was a week ago. Sure I'm sad to see Pearson gone, he certainly didn't deserve to be sacked but it's happened and now it seems we could end up with some really good players and management team. Of cause we could also end up with Steve Cotterill as well and then I'll join all you doom and gloom merchants!

Really?

The choices make me feel sick at the thought of them, certainly the main frontrunners.

They're no better than Pearson, either on a par or worse, which is why I need an explanation and the reason for his sacking because I still just don't understand it.

As for getting some really good players in, what if the new manager whoever it might be has no use for them/can't fit them in/don't work together. It's if's and but's but I see no need to have 'rocked the boat' when things were going very well, building and going about it the right way.

Pretty much the only one on the list that is positive and forward thinking is Klopp and that's highly unlikely it'll happen.

You're welcome to your opinion by the way, I just find it very hard to agree for the reason's i've given.

Transfer window just opened and we don't have the new manager in place yet....differences in perspective and then a bid for Austin suggest more signings are imminent

I think the Austin bid was to show Hiddink that we are willing to spend money QPR have said they will not take less that £15M numerous times it was obviously going to get rejected.

Still at 15 million I think Austin is a bargain, How much is Harry Kane worth? £20?£30m? idk but he was playing for spurs Austin was playing for a team that got relegated and I doubt his wage demands would be astronomical either.

Edit; It's just a shame we have too many Forwards

We can't just spend money for spending's sake. This won't work. Just look at QPR who, despite some of their signings looking to be good ones (I thought they'd improve them), they actually weren't.

Pearson likes to build a team, to introduce new faces gradually.

I really really hope the Thais have learnt from the Sven debacle and don't do it all over again.

Sounds like I'm about the only one more excited now than I was a week ago. Sure I'm sad to see Pearson gone, he certainly didn't deserve to be sacked but it's happened and now it seems we could end up with some really good players and management team. Of cause we could also end up with Steve Cotterill as well and then I'll join all you doom and gloom merchants!

we already had a great management team and were already signing really good players 

I'm going to make a bold statement and say we won't be in Europe within three years, unless we fluke it like West Ham have done.

I don't think thats a bold statement at all, I think it's a realistic statement, no matter who we have in charge or how much money we throw at it.

A statement I am going to make it the route we seem to be going down of going for big names and throwing money about will hinder rather than help us.

I'm going to make a bold statement and say we won't be in Europe within three years, unless we fluke it like West Ham have done.

other than through some sort of coming second in a cup/fairplay loophole i massively doubt we'll get into europe in 30 years, let alone 3. especially if every time we look like being quite good we decide it'd be ambitious to fvck ourselves up the arse with a massive, shit manager. 

we already had a great management team and were already signing really good players

Yes we did and like I said Pearson shouldn't have been sacked, but he has and IF, that's IF we do get a decent, better replacement then surely that's something to embrace. Pearson wasn't the best manager out there, what's up with us looking to improve and aim higher without the drama of a relegation battle year in year out. And Matt, I don't know what the right way is, the boat has rocked and the manager fell out, let's just hope enough of our players had their life jackets on and live to serve the new manager, who I hope ( and this is where the excitement comes from) is someone a lot better than Pearson, even someone not necessarily linked with us yet.

Transfer window just opened and we don't have the new manager in place yet....differences in perspective and then a bid for Austin suggest more signings are imminent

Bid for Austin to try and turn around negative press after the farcial sacking of Pearson?

If it is to be Hiddink though, I do expect a complete overhaul, some players who should stay will go. And some players who should never be here will come in with suitcases full of Baht dragging behind them

Question is, which way will the unnecessary changes lead us, into the Europa League or down the QPR/Leeds etc path?

Yes we did and like I said Pearson shouldn't have been sacked, but he has and IF, that's IF we do get a decent, better replacement then surely that's something to embrace. Pearson wasn't the best manager out there, what's up with us looking to improve and aim higher without the drama of a relegation battle year in year out. And Matt, I don't know what the right way is, the boat has rocked and the manager fell out, let's just hope enough of our players had their life jackets on and live to serve the new manager, who I hope ( and this is where the excitement comes from) is someone a lot better than Pearson, even someone not necessarily linked with us yet.

pearson was undoubtably the best manager to manage leicester city right now. by about eight million miles. 

like you said it's happened and he's gone and he shouldn't have, but i find it bemusing that anyone would be more excited and looking forward to the new season more now, with 5 weeks to go and no manager and names like steve cotterill and neil lennon being seriously touted, than when we had pearson in charge. that's not filling me with excitement, it's filling me with complete and utter dread. 

hypothetically if we were to build an entirely new squad with guus hiddink in charge and finish 8th would anyone really prefer that over a pearson side we have seen graft and develop into a team that would say finish 12th
i know i would prefer the pearson side
there was something unique about us in the premiership, we had a team that had been built over a long period and could continue to grow, virtually no other side in the relegation scrap could claim this 
this was our team, a newly assembled team of southampton like quality would be nice but it wouldnt be like seeing vardy shock the entire of england, schlupp destroying spurs or andy king pointing to his badge

I haven't given up hope of us one day winning a cup again. Yes we'll never play champions league football barring some miracle but maybe the Europa cup. 3 years maybe wishful thinking I agree but there's always hope!

pearson was undoubtably the best manager to manage leicester city right now. by about eight million miles. 

like you said it's happened and he's gone and he shouldn't have, but i find it bemusing that anyone would be more excited and looking forward to the new season more now, with 5 weeks to go and no manager and names like steve cotterill and neil lennon being seriously touted, than when we had pearson in charge. that's not filling me with excitement, it's filling me with complete and utter dread.

To be fair I did say cotterill would blow my excitement. This is the test of all tests of the owners ambition, that in my opinion is exciting.

hypothetically if we were to build an entirely new squad with guus hiddink in charge and finish 8th would anyone really prefer that over a pearson side we have seen graft and develop into a team that would say finish 12th

i know i would prefer the pearson side

there was something unique about us in the premiership, we had a team that had been built over a long period and could continue to grow, virtually no other side in the relegation scrap could claim this

this was our team, a newly assembled team of southampton like quality would be nice but it wouldnt be like seeing vardy shock the entire of england, schlupp destroying spurs or andy king pointing to his badge

Think Pearson would have grown year on year and the squad with him

Now I fear we'll end up with some sort of all-star team that won't gel, and we could be in more danger of relegation than Pearson's sustainable building of the squad, delivering continual improvement

Southampton did it with shrewd recruitment but we must make sure that its done over the next 3 transfer windows. If we sign 11 players this window its crazy! Keep the team together and replace and improve over a period of time. I think we only need 3 or 4 more players to be competitive next season.

I don't understand this thread. When have we ever said we were going to have a total overhaul? It's not the club's philosophy (thankfully). I know you may argue that it was because of pearson but I believe the existing staff all would follow the same style

I felt a lot more confident last week about next season than I'm feeling right now.

I think it was Babylon in another thread who said clubs like us are one bad managerial appointment away from relegation. Which I think is spot on, if the club get this wrong we could be in trouble. And we won't be able to get NP back in to get them out the sh*t again.

Southampton did it with shrewd recruitment but we must make sure that its done over the next 3 transfer windows. If we sign 11 players this window its crazy! Keep the team together and replace and improve over a period of time. I think we only need 3 or 4 more players to be competitive next season.

They had a structure in place that was suited to overseas scouting and recruitment and Nicola Cortese who had contacts throughout the continent, whiles ours is an entirely British contingent.

We had about 28 players who pulled on a premier league shirt for us last season. One was Huth who we have signed One was Cambiasso who still hasn't signed and James who is out injured. we have also released/lost Knockeart,Powell,GTF,Upson and Wood. There are doubts over Simpson,Konch,Hamer and if Moore and Lawrence are ready.

So mass overhaul (i think not) but we need extra players and the 3 we have brought in will strengthen the squad

If it's to be believed that the owners want to splash the cash and get us into Europe who goes??

My thoughts are we've seen the last of Nugent, De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Morgan, King, Hamer, Kram and Simpson

All above are OK but not good enough to be in a team with ambitions of top 6 or 7

I'm not endorsing the massive overhaul but fear for these players futures

Q

P

R

F

U

C

K

I

N

G

M

E

S

S

I don't understand this thread. When have we ever said we were going to have a total overhaul? It's not the club's philosophy (thankfully). I know you may argue that it was because of pearson but I believe the existing staff all would follow the same style

Guess we both have a difference in perspective...our relationship is sadly no longer viable (Read between the lines....the owners want more big names simple as )...no new manager like Hiddink isn't going to want to bring in his own men and ditch the likes of Fatty James and Morgan

That's not the boldest statement I've ever seen.

I can't believe people are making such a big deal over the Austin bid. Because that is what all this is based on. Anything else is just conjecture. I didn't see one person complaining last week when Pearson was in charge and we bid for the Caen player or signed Okazaki.

Archived