Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

What are you listening to in the car at the minute?

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I have about 50 CDs in my car, I never listen to the same album over and over again. Current CD in the player is Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother.

I have about 50cds in the car too but I love to listen to one 10 times or so before moving onto another.

I probably listened to my Ayreon cds for about a month before moving back to my Sylvian collection last week.

I like to buy EP's of the support bands from gigs i go to, i currently have a "Lionize" ep playing in my car from when they supported Less Than Jake at the O2 in Leicester a few months back. brilliant band, remind me of Black Stone Cherry

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2016 at 08:17, FIF said:

David Sylvian and Robert Fripp.

'The First Day'? - I remember seeing this live in Nottingham around 93/94.

Reminds me, was listening to Rain Tree Crow last week.

7 hours ago, Line-X said:

'The First Day'? - I remember seeing this live in Nottingham around 93/94.

Reminds me, was listening to Rain Tree Crow last week.

Damage.

But I have everything that Sylvian has ever recorded.

Rain tree crow is a classic.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

Damage.

But I have everything that Sylvian has ever recorded.

Rain tree crow is a classic.

The live album from that year isn't it?

Indeed...but in terms of solo output I never really ventured further than 'Dead Bees on a Cake' having had the misfortune to have heard 'Blemish'.

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

The live album from that year isn't it?

Indeed...but in terms of solo output I never really ventured further than 'Dead Bees on a Cake' having had the misfortune to have heard 'Blemish'.

Yeah the live album.

Blemish wasn't so good but he was experimenting with jazz and different things going through his head, tbh I hated the Darshan remix too. I'm probably wrong to say it wasn't good as I know some people who had never heard of Japan or Sylvian who quite liked it (Jazz heads). And after that you don't have so much - other than manafon and it's derivatives. 

You've made me need to go and listen to something now. I'm thinking Brilliant trees followed by Flux and Mutability.

Maybe I'll dig out Mick Karn and Peter Murphy - Dali's car too.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Yeah the live album.

Blemish wasn't so good but he was experimenting with jazz and different things going through his head, tbh I hated the Darshan remix too. I'm probably wrong to say it wasn't good as I know some people who had never heard of Japan or Sylvian who quite liked it (Jazz heads). And after that you don't have so much - other than manafon and it's derivatives. 

You've made me need to go and listen to something now. I'm thinking Brilliant trees followed by Flux and Mutability.

Maybe I'll dig out Mick Karn and Peter Murphy - Dali's car too.

As I recall, Steve Jansen produced the reunion EP?

Archived