Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2014 in Music

Reckon a few people might be interested in this. Snowbird, former Cocteau Twins' instrumentalist Simon Raymonde and Chemical Brothers and Massive Attack collaborator Stephanie Dosen. Liking what I've heard so far. Album, "Moon", came out Yesterday

I saw her a while go as a support act and was really impressed.

Her new album's out soon and this is the lead single...

That tune is really good. Hope that her new album will bring more of the same. Just checked out her earlier stuff, and I was not overly impressed.

Personally I'm looking forward to SOHN's debut album from the 4AD label later this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zv_5zGEso&list=PL0P41LDDwCTnlkUBGb_z_WkbemRk8rrMM&feature=c4-overview-vl

That tune is really good. Hope that her new album will bring more of the same. Just checked out her earlier stuff, and I was not overly impressed.

Same, liked that, then looked at her other stuff and wasn't overwhelmed.

Same, liked that, then looked at her other stuff and wasn't overwhelmed.

Yeah her debut album isn't earth-shattering, it seemed to be material that translates better live than on record. I much prefer her more "electronic Kate Bush" sound that she's doing now.

Having said that Vampire Smile from her first album gets some rotation in my house.

https://soundcloud.com/kylalagrange/vampire-smile-ashes

The new Bombay Bicycle Club album is quality. They make more use of electronic loops and other computer effects this time, so to the ones more used to the "rocky" sounds of previous albums, it may take some time getting used to.

Is it Already out? Have heard 2 of the new tunes and really like it.

Is it Already out? Have heard 2 of the new tunes and really like it.

It's a bit so-so-la-la, personally. Obviously, they wanted to go in a different direction with beats, loops and the likes. I don't particularly like the album, it feels as if they're reeling a bit as to where to go exactly.

Then again, it's always a case of the audience getting used to a particular style from a band, getting to love them for it and only to be disappointed or shocked when the band turns everything they've built up around by a 180 degrees.

An okay album, but no world beater. I expected more and better from BBC.

It's a bit so-so-la-la, personally. Obviously, they wanted to go in a different direction with beats, loops and the likes. I don't particularly like the album, it feels as if they're reeling a bit as to where to go exactly.

Then again, it's always a case of the audience getting used to a particular style from a band, getting to love them for it and only to be disappointed or shocked when the band turns everything they've built up around by a 180 degrees.

An okay album, but no world beater. I expected more and better from BBC.

Trying to become the next snow patrol and make money from the female market. My personal opinion!!

These come round far too quick :(

Albums to look forward to?

Emerging artists to look out for?

Any pointless comebacks on the horizon?

Some notable artists I think (not just for myself; have to cater for variety of tastes I suppose!)

Ed Sheeran - (Album name TBA) - Feb 17

Imogen Heap - Sparks - March 3

Ashanti - Braveheart - March 4

Example - (Album name TBA) - Date TBA

Enter Shikari - TBA - TBA

Guns n Roses - TBA - TBA

No Doubt

The Offspring

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Emeli Sande

Whitesnake

Soundgarden

Motley Crue

Lewis Mokler this year,

Best mate for many a year, He dropped his youth contract at norwich to persue music,

Been on 3 tours, including a quite large UK tour last Feb spanning south london to edinburgh,

Over 400 gigs in the last 2 years,

Ed sheeran who is an old mate bought his album and tweeted about it, And he's been signed by warner this year, now verified on twitter...

Singer/Songwriter, Mainly guitar but self taught himself piano in 3 weeks,

I'm on his Latest E.P ;) He is working on new material at the moment but can't say much about it, Keeping it low key for a few months, But big things are pretty much looking nailed on this year the way things are going, and the discussions that are being made, definitely one to keep an eye on

Had 2 E.P's in the top 5 of the Itune Singer/Songwriter charts, And his album hit 3.

His music has changed so much over the last year, so worth waiting for the new album.

With the recent movement in his career and Signing, he had to remove most of his songs from youtube etc, and sell off the old E.P's and album merchandise.

This is a song he wrote in 15 minutes, dedicated to "Phil Ellis" who was a close friend of Lewis who helped him in music, who sadly passed away last year.

Lewis Mokler - P.E

Archived