Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2014 in Music

Not the best review for Coldplay's "Ghost Stories"

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review

so remorselessly insubstantial is this album that if it were submitted to the f***ing British Homeopathic Association as a f***ing potential remedy, they’d f***ing knock it back, saying: “No good, mate. You’ve over-diluted it, you silly twat!â€

Not the best review for Coldplay's "Ghost Stories"

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review

so remorselessly insubstantial is this album that if it were submitted to the f***ing British Homeopathic Association as a f***ing potential remedy, they’d f***ing knock it back, saying: “No good, mate. You’ve over-diluted it, you silly twat!â€

Parachutes & A Rush Of Blood To The Head were OK  but the rest of their output has been poor. Did enjoy their Paralympic closing ceremony gig though tbf.

Parachutes & A Rush Of Blood To The Head were OK  but the rest of their output has been poor. Did enjoy their Paralympic closing ceremony gig though tbf.

I happened to catch the "Ghost Stories" TV special the other night. Only heard four or five tracks but they didn't sound bad to me, certainly nowhere near as bad as that review makes out

It seems that anthemic rock gets lots of fans, but draws critics like a moth to a flame

• 2 weeks later...

Got their album on pre-order (contains a hipflask) and this is a banger.

I think I can safely say that that is the worse song I have heard this year and I have to listen to the R1 Breakfast Show.

I think I can safely say that that is the worse song I have heard this year and I have to listen to the R1 Breakfast Show.

I've put up with the R1 Breakfast show for the last fortnight, and there is no way Alestorm are worse than Pit-****ing-bull.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoon are about to release a new album for the first time in four years ("They Want My Soul"), Hooray For Earth have announced "Racy" later this month (I put the leading track in the "What are you listening to at the moment?" thread) and Blood Orange are set to issue "Uncle Ace".

Morrissey's "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" released today, and I'm pleased to say I've just got it. Good album actually. Still like to fact he writes about politics; the lyrics on the opening track are good.

Album preview for Sunset on the Golden Age. Hangover sounds great - far better than the original. Looking forward to this album, particularly alongside Rumplugged - acoustic power metal  :cool:

Also, anyone who says the best supergroup is anything other than Killer Be Killed is wrong, and not to be trusted:

:punk:

Also, anyone who says the best supergroup is anything other than Killer Be Killed is wrong, and not to be trusted:

:punk:

That song is a monster and the entire album sounds just like you would expect a band made up with members of DEP (Greg Puciato is an amazing vocalist) Max Cavalera and Mastodon to sound!

Speaking of Mastodon the new album is awesome!

Archived