Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Reading Player Ratings

Kasper 6.5

Delaet 6.5

Wasyl 6

Morgan 5

Schlupp 6

Drinkwater 9.01

Hammond 5

Mahrez 9

Dyer 4

Nuge 4 - I didn't see him enough to make a score

Vardy 6

GTF- 10, King 3, Wood Dunno

Hi Gary  :thumbup:

DD and Mahrez looked quality. Schlupp has sooooo much potential as a LB but needs to improve defensively. De Laet made some great runs but could not get a good final ball. Hate to complain about players after such a great season butI really don't rate Hammond and Dyer looks too one dimensional to succeed in prem.

Kasper 6 - My first instinct was that he should've saved their goal, but maybe that is harsh. One good save towards the end of the first half.

RDL 6 - Better going forward than defending. Seemed a bit of a frustrated figure tonight.

Schlupp 6 - Caught out of position at times but still did a solid job.

Morgan 6 - Exposed for his lack of pace tonight, needs to be more commanding at set pieces. Should've scored.

Wasyl 6 - Didn't really standout tonight, some good blocks if Nothing else.

Dyer 5 - Lives up to his surname tonight.

Mahrez 8 - Gave them problems all night. Turned their full back inside out. A little bit naive at times but that will come.

Drinky 7 - great goal, drove us on as always. Love how he gets pissed off when we don't play a simple ball or go hoofing.

Hammond 6 - Adds extra bite to the midfield and is always seemingly there to offer himself as an option.

Nuge 5 - One of them nights for Nuge.

Vardy 6 - Great to see him back, unlucky to have a goal ruled out.

Don't think any of the subs really offered anything.

DD and Mahrez looked quality. Schlupp has sooooo much potential as a LB but needs to improve defensively. De Laet made some great runs but could not get a good final ball. Hate to complain about players after such a great season butI really don't rate Hammond and Dyer looks too one dimensional to succeed in prem.

Your comment about Schlupp. That's at least 80% of a LB job is to defend.

For me that is one of the main areas we need to improve next season, and sign someone new.

Once again, we drop points and its automatically Nugent's fault according to most people on here.

No one is pin pointing him to say he is the reason we didn't win, and to be fair he was non existent tonight. He is critical of himself and I think he would say the same after tonight's performance.

I'd like to see Wood and Vardy start saturday.

Schmeichel - 6.5 Usual

Schlupp - 5.5 inexperience showed

Morgan - 5.5 Did he have 2 roast dinners before kick off?

Wasilewski - 5.5 Did he eat Pogbrenyak's kids before kick off?

RDL - 7 Was always an option

Dyer - 5 Looked slow :o

Hammond - 5.5 Buffering

Drinkwater - 8 Quality

Mahrez - 7 love this guy

Nugent - 5.5 was he playing?

Vardy - 6.5 Duracell bunny

Schmichel 7 - nothing major to do! Commanded his box better tonight than he has done in the past..

Da Laet 6 - looked a bit uncomfortable up against their pacey wingers which is strange because he's blistering! Decent going forward as per

WAS 7 - A beast in every sense!

WES 6 - he seemed to struggle against their big lump up top which is odd because he's a big, strong man himself..

Schlupp 6 - makes a few mistakes but his pace makes up for most of them..similar to De Laet really, thought he should've shot in the first half, he'd made a great run but then didn't want to take it on. Strange for a striker come LB

Mahrez 8 - he's a delight at times. Looked slowish against their wingers but by far and away the most skilful, agile player on the pitch tonight. Has a tendency to try it too many times instead of passing! He should've fed Drinky in the last few minutes!

Hammond 8 - the best he's played for us by far I think! He was strong in the tackle, workman like and clever with his ball retention

Drinky 8 - standard DD! A class above most CM's in this league!

Dyer 5 - sorry but I really did think he was that awful. I love the guy generally, but not tonight! His pace was matched by their wingers which nullified a lot of his threat. And I think that rocked him. His first touch is shocking! He wasted a glorious chance right at the death by conceding hand ball having taken a terrible first touch.

Vardy 7 - great to have him back. He worked his socks off and looked fully fit again. His pace is scary at times, didn't really get many goal scoring opputionites other than the disallowed effort but he's always looking for it!

Nuuuge 7 - similar to Vardy. He drops in beautifully though and really strings the play together at times, lovely to see! A few decent shots at goal but nothing in terms of clear, cut chances!

Subs -

King 6 - didn't do anything wrong but didn't get a chance to do much right either.

GTF n/a

Wood n/a on a side note, I wish he'd jump for headers! He doesn't ever bother, it's so annoying!

All in all a fairly decent point against a strong side. We look vulnerable from set plays which really needs to be sorted out by next season or we'll concede on a huge scale! Teams in the prem will score from open play so we need to restrict them to just that.

We lacked a bit of finesse tonight but much improved from that horror show on Tuesday.

Three points against QPR on Saturday and this point will be an even better one!

Glad to see some of the Hammond ratings picking up. I thought he had a good game, seems to get a lot of stick because he isn't as pretty in midfield as James and Drinkwater. Often keen to go backwards, but mops up very well. Will be a valuable squad member next season.

Kasper - 7

RDL - 7 

Wes - 6 

Was - 6

Schlupp - 5 (thought we could have done with the seniority of Konchesky today at times)

Dyer - 5 (did not get into the game at all)

Hammond - 6.5 (daft handball could've cost us)

Drinkwater- 7.5

Mahrez - 8 (a season off being a VERY good player from what has been shown so far)

Nugent - 5 / n/a (don't really recall him playing if I'm honest)

Vardy - 6 (ran a lot, unlucky not to score. Faded quickly)

GTF - 6.5 (some good lay offs)

Wood - 5.5 (didn't offer much)

King 5 (thin air)

Dyer, **** me.

Has he actually got worse or have we got better and left him behind?

Wes has zero composure. The amount of times he opted to aimlessly head it away when under no pressure was staggering.

I do hope talk of merely tweaking the squad is a smokescreen from the club to keep transfer fees down.

Just got back to Cornwall so thought i'd post this before crashing out.

Kasper - 5 Should have done better for the goal and didnt command the area at all.

RDL - 7 Good game coming forward and an admirable effort against a tricky winger.

Wes - 5 Looked half asleep.

Was - 6 Did much better against Pogrevnyak (or however its spelt) than Wes.

Schlupp - 5 Caught out so many times defensively. A better side would punish us.

Dyer - 3 Obv not match fit. Poor.

Drinky 8 - Will cope easily with the Prem IMO.

Hammond 7 - Cant understand some of the low ratings. Tackled well and gave us a real physical edge.

Mahrez 8 - Class but does do too much at times. Drinky went ballistic at him at one point.

Nuge 2 - When he's that bad, i've no idea how he starts games.

Vardy 7 - Ran out of steam a bit. Very harsh to deny the goal.

Subs

Wood 1 - Did he touch the ball?

GTF 3 - Just gave it away trying to be clever.

King 6.5 - Looked good. Nuce touches, passing and skill. If NP wants to rest James again, start King instead of Hammond.

Reading 2 - Considering they needed to win, looked less than ordinary. We played at around 75% and were more than comfortable.

Shocked by some of the ratings.....

The whole back 4 was questionable, argubably one of Wes's worst games this season and Wasyl wasnt much better.....

For all of those that want Schlupp in next season ahead of Konch, reality check last night. I appreciate he's got the attributes but hell of alot to learn defensively. Konch's experience will be key next season

Im not a fan of Hammond at all, i wouldnt even keep him next season but tonight he did ok. Protected the back 4 pretty well and did a great job with goal kicks etc by winning headers.

Finally Dyer, yes wasnt at his fluent best but he wasnt that bad either. Actually held the ball up quite well tonight and made more intelligent passes than normal. He only went downhill last 10 when he looked tired out

Kasper - 7.5 - Didn't put a foot wrong and kept us level with a number of good saves.

DeLaet - 7.5 - best defender of the day and very good going forward. Him and Nuge had communication problems in the second half.

Wes - 5.5 - beaten many times both for speed and in the air, missed an easy header. Bit worrying for the Prem.

Was - 6 - beaten many times both for speed and in the air but does know how to block and foul as though off balance.

Schluup - 7 - beaten a couple of times in defense but was magnificent going forward, great crosses should have given us at least 1 goal

Drinky - 7 - anonymous in the first half, mega in the second and a great goal, nearly 2 or 3.

Hammond - 4 - couple of decent defensive blocks but failed his trial for the Prem. 

Dyer - 2 - dire

Mahrez - 7.5 - best player on the pitch. Great to Watch.

Vardy - 7.5 - great comeback display, his speed kills.

Nuge - 5.5 - ran hard and had a couple of good shots but not up to his normal standard and gave the ball away a few times.

Wood - 3 - did absolutley nothing

GTF - 4 - didn't have much time

King - 4 - didn't do too much.

From TV:

Schmeichel 7 Couple of crucial saves, no fault for goal

De Laet 7 Only good performer in a poor defence

Morgan 5 Vulnerable

Wasyl 4.5 Very vulnerable - rest for Moore v. QPR?

Schlupp 5 Good going forward but skinned several times defensively - just when I thought we might not need to buy a new left-back; may not be ready to be 1st choice in August on that showing

Mahrez 7.5 Excellent acquisition who knows how to beat a man and pass calmly

Drinky 8 Puppetmaster-general who ran the show

Hammond 6 OK; lucky not to give away a penalty (definite handball)

Dyer 6 Nothing special, but not as bad as some are making out

Nuge 5.5 Didn't quite work out

Vardy 7 Looked recovered and sharp

King 6 Minimal impact

Wood 6 Ditto

GTF 6.5 Some clever touches

Overall...a decent point away v. decent opposition; a lot better than Brighton creatively, in possession, closing down and attacking, but defence looked creaky. Confirms that this may be the area that needs most strengthening in the summer.

I think everyone was a pretty solid 7 apart from Drinky who was an 8 or 9! And Dyer below par gets a 6.

Don't get the negative comments about Hammond. He was OK. He's the defensive midfielder so is just in there to sit in front of the back four and break up opposition rhythm. This allows Drinky to get forward and run the game. Not sure what else people expect Hammond to be doing? Raking passes and jinking runs?

Maybe just shows how important James is to us.

Kasper - 7         Two fantastic saves. Distribution poor at times.

RDL - 6              Games of two halves. First half 4, second 8.  

Wes - 5              Not much of a presence and seemed weak in the tackle last night 

Was - 5              Same as above

Schlupp - 6        Another game of two halves. Torn to shreds first half when having to defend, much second half when we got forward more.

Dyer - 5              Did he play? Seriously though why does Dyer not like to run any more? So many times in space he looked for the sideways pass.

Hammond - 6      I thought we needed the extra bite in midfield. Did an OK job.

Drinkwater- 8.5   Outstanding again.. what a player he has become for us.

Mahrez - 8          Lots of trickery again. A pleasure to watch. Needs a good meal though.

Nugent - 5           Plenty of running. Some nice touches. No goal threat though which is what he's there for.

Vardy - 6.6          A threat as usual, should have scored. 

GTF - 5               Can't recall him doing anything of note.

Wood - 5             An enigma. What sort of ball does Wood prefer to get him going? Whatever we play to him but he's often stationary.

King - 6               Thought he did well.

Archived