Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

kit delivery

Would be nice for them to have L/S or S/S in small soon :c

Was waiting till Cambiasso signed to make a decision. 

Would medium not do? They are not as long as the last couple of years much shorter in the sleeves if that helps 

Just received my 2nd shirt this week after the K started peeling off on the first 1 and its happening again with this 1 already! Haven't even washed it! Really don't wanna have to send another 1 back does anyone know a fix to repair it? I'm sure I remember reading something about a piece of paper and a iron possibly? 

Googled it and found this fix which has worked, hopefully it will still be stuck on after its gone in the wash but we shall see in time. Also tried it on 1 of the patches as it was crumpled up quite bad from being crushed in the post which has fixed nicely too. 

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/Forum/fsc-forum/football-shirt-discussion/how-to-fix-a-number-that-is-peeling-off.html

Hi, I realise this thread is more than a year old but I came across this page on the 1st Google search result also hoping to find an answer to the same problem.

I've discovered a solution that'll definitely help so I'd like to share this tip with anyone else that may have this problem too. It has fixed mine so I'm pretty sure it'll fix yours too.

So do you know how these numbers, names and labels are bonded onto the shirts? The prints are thermally bonded, meaning glue is activated using elevated temperatures. All you need to do is get out an iron and ironing board, lay the shirt on it with a piece of white cloth over the peeling print. Set the iron to medium heat (2 dots) and iron carefully over it for about 15 seconds. Let it cool before removing the cloth.

It should become glued again - no glue or stitches needed! If not (but this shouldn't happen - or if the glue has been gradually washed off laundering many times before you decided to fix it), iron for a slightly longer period, e.g. 30 seconds, or set it at a slightly higher temperature (closer to 3 dots). But be careful that football shirts now days are manufactured from synthetic materials so they can be ruined under too high temperatures.

Don't use glue (unless as a last resort) as it will penetrate through the fabric, especially glue that will harden once dried.

If however, you want to completely remove the labels, don't peel them off directly! Pour some oil based solvent, e.g. mineral turpentine, methylated spirits, paraffin etc. over the labelling. It breaks the glue bonds so let it react for a minute or two. Do this at a well ventilated area and after waiting you should be able to peel or scratch it off. An old toothbrush can help the removal too. Then rinse with water and lots of washing powder to get rid of the solvent.

So... hope this helps for everyone out there...

Not having seen this post I went in last week to get a small size shirt for my sons birthday in October thinking there'd be loads of them. Next delivery middle of November I was told. Went to the shop in the Market Place and again no 'small' but did have medium and large for those interested. Should be getting some in this Thursday (makes you wonder how they can and LCFC can't). Poor effort by City imo.

Not having seen this post I went in last week to get a small size shirt for my sons birthday in October thinking there'd be loads of them. Next delivery middle of November I was told. Went to the shop in the Market Place and again no 'small' but did have medium and large for those interested. Should be getting some in this Thursday (makes you wonder how they can and LCFC can't). Poor effort by City imo.

It is very daft

On the delivery Thursday I would imagine it would be easier to get a amount for a very small shop compared to the amount the lcfc store would need

have to admit im worried about this, the only time im in the UK this season is first weekend in Oct and will be going to Burnley game, was obv wanting to get a shirt but worried there arnt going to be any available :( Dont trust the online shop as have had bad experiences and also need to check the sizes before i buy. You would have thought theyd have expected to sell plenty of shirts and therefore ordered enough!

have to admit im worried about this, the only time im in the UK this season is first weekend in Oct and will be going to Burnley game, was obv wanting to get a shirt but worried there arnt going to be any available :( Dont trust the online shop as have had bad experiences and also need to check the sizes before i buy. You would have thought theyd have expected to sell plenty of shirts and therefore ordered enough!

I would order the size you think you are now and then if your not happy with it keep the tags on and return it when your in the UK. Football shirts are usually fairly flexible in size like both a medium and large will fit me fine no problem a medium would be slim fit and large would be regular fit 

I would order the size you think you are now and then if your not happy with it keep the tags on and return it when your in the UK. Football shirts are usually fairly flexible in size like both a medium and large will fit me fine no problem a medium would be slim fit and large would be regular fit 

yeah not a bad call Jace, cheers

Archived