Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

premier league away atmosphere HOME TEAMS

Thought the Newcastle support was shocking yesterday! I remember looking over at the clock the first time I heard them sing and it was 72 minutes in! The roar when they scored was massive & there were a couple of other bits when decisions went against them but no songs at all. It's not even as if I just couldn't hear them through us drowning them out as we were shite for the most part too!

I was the first row stood up on row j. Pathetic. Some bloke behind me tried telling this lad to sit down who was 4 rows in front of him to his right. Bare in mind the stairs were inbetween as well so quite a big gap. Couldn't believe my eyes and ears even more so when the lad sat down beause the bloke was gonna get a steward.

Might just be me but I think the delay had a bit to do with the killing of the atmosphere. We were supposedly sold out but there were plenty of empty seats knocking about.

Can't see us having a decent away now until Villa which saddens me after how promising the season started out with regards to our noise and following.

If people ask you to sit down you should ask them if they'd like to swap seats instead. Everyone wins that way.

I mentioned that before but there's always that one person who must sit in their designated seat!

I can understand if you're directly in front but 4 rows down and to their right? I'd have said piss off.

If people ask you to sit down you should ask them if they'd like to swap seats instead. Everyone wins that way.

like bert says you then get the "i paid for THIS seat" types who want to sit, in that seat, no matter what 

All away ends should be unreserved seating in my opinion. That one tiny change in ticketing policy could make such a difference as sitters would naturally migrate to the front (if they had any sense) and standers further back while everyone would be in with their mates/families rather than dotted about all over the place by being restricted to a particular seat.

Can't see Clubs backing that though as they'd effectively be encouraging standing. Way too much of a common-sense approach...

Having been to 2 champs league games at Barca I have to say it's a lot louder at the KP, very disappointed at the atmosphere in the Nou Camp, I'll let you know if there's an improvement after they play Ajax this week

Barcelona has never sounded like a good atmosphere to me, unless it's a big European game or El Clasico.

Having been to 2 champs league games at Barca I have to say it's a lot louder at the KP, very disappointed at the atmosphere in the Nou Camp, I'll let you know if there's an improvement after they play Ajax this week

What % of their attendance are day trippers though? I mean, Old Trafford holds 75,000 and it's usually silent. But they get a lot of day trippers. But when United are away from home, and those who attend games go, they are very loud and perhaps the best in the Country. 

All away ends should be unreserved seating in my opinion. That one tiny change in ticketing policy could make such a difference as sitters would naturally migrate to the front (if they had any sense) and standers further back while everyone would be in with their mates/families rather than dotted about all over the place by being restricted to a particular seat.

Can't see Clubs backing that though as they'd effectively be encouraging standing. Way too much of a common-sense approach...

Thing is they're pretty much complicit with it already. Do stewards make any attempt to get people to sit down? Not at all. Club's have shown through their own passivity that they don't care a jot about people standing up.

I suspect a lot of clubs would be quite happy to have unreserved seating. It's just the authorities' out of date attitude that prevents it from happening.

I couldn't get in the away allocation so sat in the Leazes stand below our lot. When we sang we sounded great. Just surprised we didn't sing more. First half the atmosphere was like a cricket match just after lunch. Geordie behind me was calling Colback a fec@kin c@NT who should feck off ouwt owah club after 50 seconds.

If only we had scored first the atmosphere would have turned poisonous in seconds[/quote

Was he a large fellow with thinning hair who screamed 'what's a library?', I was in your situation, leazes west to the right of our fans.

The only noise sadly (other than the goal) came with the bottle fight at the end. Jeb ends on both sides there.

Same here, was in Leazes East, was massively disappointing.

I know the first half was shit but in the last 10 mins of the half it just seemed like they didnt care and had no interest in the match at all; on their phones and chatting about bollocks like work etc.

Atmosphere? Chelsea tonight. 5 0 up, and all you could hear from the crowd was a low buzzing sound, bit like you hear at a theatre just before the curtain goes up. Laughable really, if we ever get like that I guess we'll all give up. Mind you, Eden Hazard, what a player....

Our away at Newcastle was indifferent. I was stood at the back about 30 odd seats between us and the home fans - the whole ground was weird because the noise doesn't carry. Good amount of singing in the corner I was stood. 

That said, why wasn't I surprised when the 100 or so 16 year old try hards decided to start launching coke bottles into the home end at the end of the game? Even at our own fans!?

This, although saying that the atmosphere at SJP has been nothing short of embarrassing for a number of years now and like most things (and there are a lot) wrong with the club it is down to Mike Ashley.

We did have a section in level 7 near the away end where 3,000 were stood singing, because of anti Ashley chanting/banners he closed the section forcing every like minded fan to split up and mix in with the old, miserable ***** in the lower part of the ground who think they are God's gift because they've been going for decades.

Sadly at Football these days the over the top rules and the sheer amount of clampits that attend games mean that the atmosphere at most places is shit.

Without those "old miserable ***** in the lower part of the ground who have been going for

decades", your club would be a heap of rubbish dwindling in the lower leagues. You need to wake up, and thank them for their loyalty, which has put a huge amount of money into the coffers of your club.

A piece of free advice for you. Shut the **** up you dozy willy puller!

Without those "old miserable ***** in the lower part of the ground who have been going for

decades", your club would be a heap of rubbish dwindling in the lower leagues. You need to wake up, and thank them for their loyalty, which has put a huge amount of money into the coffers of your club.

A piece of free advice for you. Shut the **** up you dozy willy puller!

It's interesting how you find it okay to swear at another poster on here but not okay to swear at a football game.

Anyone who can just accept swearing is o.k. in public, is an uncouth slob!

It just shouldn't happen. Anyone caught doing it should be banned for two seasons.

Everton sounds like a morgue.

I could imagine it being great for a 5:30 against a top side in a big game, but against us I bet it'll be wank.

The majority of places have gone right downhill. It's a cultural thing. Everton having become a top side themselves (well, sort of) go into home games expecting to win. You only have to look at Leicester this season to see how it works. Three games we went in as underdogs and it was quality every time. Burnley at home, favourites, absolutely shit atmosphere.

English fans go missing when they're needed most.

I could imagine it being great for a 5:30 against a top side in a big game, but against us I bet it'll be wank.

The majority of places have gone right downhill. It's a cultural thing. Everton having become a top side themselves (well, sort of) go into home games expecting to win. You only have to look at Leicester this season to see how it works. Three games we went in as underdogs and it was quality every time. Burnley at home, favourites, absolutely shit atmosphere.

I reckon our ends gonna be quality there though

Everton fans are poor.

I've been in the Gladys end before, admittedly against Blackburn Rovers.

They sang about 2/3 songs during the whole duration of the game. It was absolutely pathetic. They went 1 up as well and ended up drawing 1-1. They only get themselves up for the big boys.

There are about 200 stood at the back of the Strawberry Corner opposite the away end that stand and sing. There are also a few acne riddled virgins who give it large and sing the odd shit song at 3000 mph to the right of the away end. SJP is full of spineless happy clapping bellends these days.

Used to be one of the away days of the season.

But I am going back to the standing days sadly not been SJP since all seater.

I mentioned that before but there's always that one person who must sit in their designated seat!

I can understand if you're directly in front but 4 rows down and to their right? I'd have said piss off.

At an away game I would say piss off anyway lol lol

Archived