Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

people do know that if we play a 442 at Swansea we WILL get murdered right? They eat stuff like that for breakfast.

All depends who takes early control of the game. IMO we always look best in a 4-4-2. Let's play to OUR strengths and go out and beat this Swansea side who themselves are on a very poor run.

We are too defensive currently. And look best when we impose our game on the oppisition.

All depends who takes early control of the game. IMO we always look best in a 4-4-2. Let's play to OUR strengths and go out and beat this Swansea side who themselves are on a very poor run.

We are too defensive currently. And look best when we impose our game on the oppisition.

Too right.

Some people are getting just a little bit too tied up in formations at the minute, if your players play at their best and to the gameplan that is set out for the formation, there is no reason why you shouldn't perform well.

people do know that if we play a 442 at Swansea we WILL get murdered right? They eat stuff like that for breakfast.

I doubt if Bayern turned up at the Liberty with a 4-4-2 they would get eaten for breakfast.

Too right.

Some people are getting just a little bit too tied up in formations at the minute, if your players play at their best and to the gameplan that is set out for the formation, there is no reason why you shouldn't perform well.

I doubt if Bayern turned up at the Liberty with a 4-4-2 they would get eaten for breakfast.

:thumbup:

I'm not sure I agree with all these 442 lineups with the way Swansea keep the ball. 4-5-1 and counter attacking is the best system for me.

Kasper

Simpson - Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

Cambiasso

James - Drinkwater

Mahrez                               Vardy

Ulloa

Again, like Newcastle away, it is not beyond us to get a result here but we will need to play so much better! Freshen up the starting 11 (hoping that includes starting Simpson) and we may as well attack them with everything we've got as that was the only point - after the introduction of Nugent and Vardy - we looked like scoring against Newcastle.

Got to watch them on the break as they go forward with some real pace. That concerns me at left back a little bit - Saturday will be on of Konchesky's hardest games of the season up against Dyer!

remember when we played swansea last and everyone knew we'd lose like 8-0 cos bruno berner was marking scott sinclair and he was too quick. bruno ruined him, made him look like a child. bruno scored and we won. step forward konchesky. 

remember when we played swansea last and everyone knew we'd lose like 8-0 cos bruno berner was marking scott sinclair and he was too quick. bruno ruined him, made him look like a child. bruno scored and we won. step forward konchesky. 

I do hope your right. Not a criticism of Konch but a pre-match worry of mine. If its any consolation I think Mahrez and Vardy will cause their defence similar problems if they play.

I think Mahrez and Vardy will cause their defence similar problems if they play.

Thats what I am hoping as well...

Its got Mahrez and Vardy written all over it. I can see the Swans pushing up quite high trying to expose us and if we can hit them on the counter like we have all seen we can do, we can cause problems.

The midfield will be a bit tight and can see our midfield sitting deep, They have Sigurdson, Ki & Shelvey who can all cause problems. So I doubt we will see anything special (attacking wise) from our central midfield.

I really hope we put a good performance out on Saturday, even if we don't win, a good positive performance will do for me!

Our strengths are attacking and for the last few games we have not played anywhere near our usual tempo, I hope Pearson understands that to win games we need to play to our strengths and not play to defend against our opponents strengths... Yes, we need to do that to an extent but we don't need to base our whole lineup and tactics on it.

I'd go back to 4 4 fkin 2!

Konchesky.

Got slated last year and was one of our most consistent performers. He's been pretty solid this season too. John Terry isn't quick but he's still in the top 5 centre backs in the league.

If you can read the game and use your experience that makes up for a yard of pace.

Too right.

Yes, because we're Bayern. If we turn up playing 4-4-2 we'll get murdered. 4-2-3-1 we'll do hell of a lot better.

Kasper

De laet Was Morgan Konch

King Hammond

Schlupp Cambiasso Mahrez

Vardy/Ulloa

I'm not sure I agree with all these 442 lineups with the way Swansea keep the ball. 4-5-1 and counter attacking is the best system for me.

Kasper

Cambiasso

James - Drinkwater

Ulloa

I think this formation is the only way we can fit all our best players into the team. On paper that is an absolutely cracking team, it's just whether or not this formation works for us.

Kasper

Cambiasso

James - Drinkwater

Ulloa

I like this Ricey but I'd want Vardy on the right and Mahrez on the left......

Konchesky.

Got slated last year and was one of our most consistent performers. He's been pretty solid this season too. John Terry isn't quick but he's still in the top 5 centre backs in the league.

If you can read the game and use your experience that makes up for a yard of pace.

yeah i like me some konch. he was bad in a handful of games last year and wasn't exactly great in our bad run the season before, but nobody was. other than that, including the start of this season, he's been solid, good or very good ever since he joined 3 years ago. 

VARDY IS NOT A WINGER!!!!!!!

yeah this, too. vardy on the wing just reeks of trying to shove him in somewhere because he's our best player. but he's our best player playing up front. so play him up front. get other people to fit around him, don't fit him around other people. it's not exaggeration to say it's genuinely upsetting to see him on the wing, beating a man all ends up but not doing any real damage because he's out wide. 

it is a real conundrum though, where to go once you've got him as first name on the teamsheet. mahrez also HAS to play. it'd be incredibly hard to drop ulloa. so we go two up front and mahrez on one wing but we've got nobody (seemingly) even slightly good enough to play on the other wing, and we've got 4 or 5 genuinely good central midfield options, so only having 2 there seems a waste. nuge gets slated but links attack and midfield like nobody else in this team seems able to do, does he start too? mahrez "in the hole" is the only formation i've seen that accommodates our "best" midfield three, and our "best" three attacking players as well as playing them all in dangerous positions. but i'm not sure it'd work. 

god football management must be hard

Were the people saying we need pace or we'll get skinned actually watching the game on Saturday when the usually indolent Obertan was consistently drifting past two of our quicker players in De Laet and Moore?

I can't believe people are using Swansea's wingers as an excuse to play Schlupp at left back lol The same bloke who Garath McCleary tore a new one.

Maybe one day, but not against these. It would be absolute suicide.

Yeah we were scared because we'd sold Mattock and had to draft Berner in late lol hilarious in hindsight really considering how much better Berner is, probably still is.

Changes need to be made to the personnel, can't argue with some of the names being dropped and brought in on this thread.

We need to play to our strengths and I think maybe we can nick a draw, away from home would be a good result, play like we have recent weeks, I can see a heavy defeat.

Probably get shot down for this, but this would be my team:

Kasper

Simpson

Wes

Moore

Konch

Mahrez

King

Hammond

Schlupp

Nuge

Vardy

Simpson in for De Laet - seems less rash in the challenge which is a worry away from home when we need to keep things tight.

As awful as I think Schlupp has been, I can't think of a viable alternative for the left-wing who can help out in defence. Certainly a new left-winger should be high on the shopping list in Jan (along with a new left-back...).

I think Drinky's been poor the past few games. King played well at the start of the season and did nothing to warrant being dropped in my opinion. King and Hammond coped well away at Chelsea - a similar performance against Swansea and I think we'd get something from the game. As much as I love me Matty James, he hasn't looked 100% fit to me the past couple of games. Cambiasso to come on second half if we need a bit of guile to change the game, and Drinky/James if we need to mix it up in midfield.

Keep the ball on the deck, have Nuge link play with the midfield and have Vardy down the middle chasing the defenders around. Ulloa to come on after 70 mins after Vardy has run his socks off and offer a more physical presence for a (hopefully) tired Swansea defence.

Konchesky.

Absolutely. None of the Chelsea back four have what you would call real pace but they stick to a plan and will probably have the best defence in the league come the season end.

You get the feeling people are playing too much FIFA when talking about pace in defence.

I can't believe people are using Swansea's wingers as an excuse to play Schlupp at left back lol The same bloke who Garath McCleary tore a new one.

Maybe one day, but not against these. It would be absolute suicide.

Baffling.

Schulpp at left back in the PL Is becoming like the Bamba as a CM. I almost want it to happen once so we can stop talking about it.

Baffling.

Schulpp at left back in the PL Is becoming like the Bamba as a CM. I almost want it to happen once so we can stop talking about it.

Just not this weekend please. I've been to three of our four away games so far and I'll let you guess which one I missed. I need to see at least a goal or a point lol

Archived