Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

Team selections feel like we are trying to fit square pegs in round holes at the moment. I actually think we are desperately missing a creative/attacking midfielder to play behind a loan striker in a midfield three of DD or Camb or James.

If people didn't think we would be in a relegation battle, and got over confident early season, they must know now we are up against it.

I'm really pissed off after that performance and am not going to rant, as much as I'd love to, but for 3 games now we had to endure poor tactics, poor effort, poor quality.

We knew the manager and players have little or no premier league experience( barring a couple of players), so these mistakes and what ever is going on, lessons need to be learnt and quickly.

Poor performance, obviously. We finished the game the way we should have started...with midfielders in midlfield and forwards up top. I would like to see king in the side, we shouldnt try and play 3 strikers in a 4-2-3-1, it didnt work.

Not over yet though. Long way to go and averaging a point per game is only a little below what we need to survive. Play the same formation with the same players each week rather than change all the time and I think we will do better.

And RDL stopped running which also cost the goal.

Also you did come back on the Newcastle goal... So you know you are wrong!

Of course he stopped running.

It was great defending to play their player offside, unfortunately liam made a mistake.

I fully believe we have a team capable of competing in the PL. In my opinion the problem is Pearson tinkering with the squad, playing players in wrong positions and having a negative game plan.

We just need to go back to do what we did in the first 5 games of the season!

Simpson definitely needs to start next game. Also big Was wouldn't be the worst player to bring in atm. Also wood anyone? I mean he should have at least brought him on today. Deserves a chance when are strikers are playing shite...

I'm shell shocked. We have big BIG problems.

I can accept losing football matches, but to lose them in such a chicken-shit, gutless & careless manner is something I cannot abide. Totally and unforgivably abject. Our passing, tempo and creativity were League One standard at very best. I almost think the club should release a statement of apology for this. The only other time I thought that was the Portsmouth 6-1 away.

Make no mistake Swansea City didn't even have to get out of first gear and they turned us over like we were nothing.

Tony Pullis anybody ?

Of course he stopped running.

It was great defending to play their player offside, unfortunately liam made a mistake.

Watch it back, RDL let the guy run behind him and he decided to stand next to Morgan and watch the ball.

I bet Moore was bricking it because he was the only one watching the players moving while RDL watched the ball and was waiting for the ref.

No need to panic or lose faith already. We're short on confidence because we're on a bad run but this is what happens when you're a bottom half team in the prem. If we were capable of playing well all season and avoiding bad runs then we wouldn't be bottom half. The sooner we put in a good performance again the better, obviously, but we'll have to get used to keeping the faith through bad runs like this.

Simpson definitely needs to start next game. Also big Was wouldn't be the worst player to bring in atm. Also wood anyone? I mean he should have at least brought him on today. Deserves a chance when are strikers are playing shite...

Agreed about Wood in particular. He came on and scored against Everton - has he been sighted since?

We were embarrassing today but all this 'we're down ready' shit (its October ffs) is equally as embarrassing.

We do need to improve though and quickly.

This is pretty much how much I feel. Although there was an improvement in the second half we clearly weren't up to it today and haven't been great for a while but deciding we're relegated after nine games is nonsense.

Hugely disappointing defeat

First point im going to make, WHY do people keep coming out with "well, they werent really much good either".....this is NONSENSE, they are doing enough to beat us, and on tonights performance, Swansea's passing and movement was way ahead of ours. So to suggest Swansea "werent that good" means on another night it could have been 6 by that logic.

The game itself, the passing was terrible, numerous times we gifted the ball away and couldnt string together 2 passes. Nugent and Vardy were never in the game today, and Ulloa was completely starved of service and woefully isolated. The tackling at times was powder puff, and there were times when a Leicester players couldnt get within 5 yards of the ball.

I couldnt understand what the tactics were tonight. What was the plan? was it to stiffle the midfield with 5 bodies? that didnt happen. Was it to launch quick breaks on Swansea when they lost the ball by utilising wide pace? that didnt happen. Was it to get the ball forward into the final 3rd quickly and get bodies around Ulloa? that didnt happen. So what was the actual approach to the game meant to be tonight? im confused.

Ill give Mahrez a bit of credit for his second half performance, but there were times even during the "improved" spell in the 2nd half where no one was showing for the ball, we were moving it slowly, predictably, and STILL surrendering possession easily.

And although i dont like singling out players, Richie De Laet spent most of the game diving on his arse in desperation tonight with Montero running at him, and teams must be looking at him as a weakness seeing how much play is focused down that side of the field. The second goal tonight, he was on a completely different wavelength, half heartedly stepping up for offside and letting Montero ghost in behind him with space to run into, his positional awareness was woeful

EDIT: On closer inspection, Moore was playing everyone on and didnt know where he was either. All round woeful defending for the goal.

Well. What to say about that. First half we couldn't string two passes together. We were over run, outclassed and were our own worst enemy at times too.

Second half started off much better. We actually managed to keep the ball. Then they scored. And that goal killed our game. We had no chance from there. I think np started the right 'ish' 11. But made the wrong subs. I don't think vardy should have come off. He didn't play well but he didn't have much of a chance. Vsrdy can change the game in an instant as we know.

On to Mahrez, he was both our best player and our worst player lol I know that's not possible but go with it. He gave the ball away countless times. He also didn't give RDL any support at all. He's powder puff in tackles. I think he's scared of a battle. He doesn't know how to defend. Having said that, he also gave 100% in an attacking sense. He tried things that didn't really work but then nothing else was working so we needed fresh ideas. He had 2 decent shots and a few decent crosses.

All in all we were shocking today. I'm not worried about our season yet because I'm not an irrational person. But, I will say that we need to win our next game. Westbrom at home right? *not sure*

No need to panic or lose faith already. We're short on confidence because we're on a bad run but this is what happens when you're a bottom half team in the prem. If we were capable of playing well all season and avoiding bad runs then we wouldn't be bottom half. The sooner we put in a good performance again the better, obviously, but we'll have to get used to keeping the faith through bad runs like this.

I had faith when we were approaching matches in the right way. We will only continue to lose games setting up with bizarre formations and playing negative 'sit back and let the game pass us by' tactics.

That is the way it is, faith or no faith. Supporting us is necessary but we have to be honest with ourselves as well.

Archived