Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

What will it take?

OK I've been publicly outed as a Pearson out person but to be honest I'm really not that bothered because unlike the beliefs of many on Foxestalk my opinion is not knee jerk nor am I a plastic fan by any stretch. Admittedly I am not a regular attender at the KP or away games but am heavily affected by what happens to my club on matchdays (just ask my wife)

This thread isn't about slating Pearson nor defending him. Its just I'm confused and want to know at what point do the pro Pearson supporters lose faith?

In my opinion the right time may well have passed. I would have pulled the trigger a few weeks ago (perhaps we may have had a couple more points by now)

I know that in the past some fans have stated chopping and changing managers got us nowhere in the past but that was more down to Ill choices by the chairman at the time.

What is it going to take then guys? Let me know I'm desperate to understand your reasons for not losing faith and backing Nige

Personally, I believe in what he has done and will continue to do for the club. Give us stability, bring through younger players that can be moulded into a system, ensure the club has a future and a playing identity.

I also worry that a change in manager could spell the start of a managerial merry-go-round that could potentially ruin us. I for one would still back the work Pearson is doing if we were relegated as I know he could get us back up and would have the experience at that point to keep us there, with stability still in tact. That goes for on the pitch and in the financial sense.

Somebody started a thread recently (BIG SURPRISE!!) stating the reasons most of us back Pearson and it was spot on. Think it was Col, probably worth a look if you are actually after answers as opposed to disagreeing with the responses people are about to make.

When I believe that he hasn't got a clue how to take the club forward in the long term, then I will lose faith.

I genuinely believe given time he would turn us into a competitive Premier League side. Not an absolute top one as there's a glass ceiling in the Premier League as far as I'm concerned, but a Swansea-like side who won't go down for years. Just depends how much patience you have and how much you believe he is capable of doing that - some people don't believe in him as much as I do.

Going down without a fight

Bit more of the Man City and a bit less of the Swansea & Southampton then even if we go down I'll be happy to give him until the international breaks to see how we start the season in the Championship.

Obviously I'd prefer us to at least stay up

The stability he's brought our club should not be forgotten, the two promotions, one where teams like Forest & Leeds struggled to get out of Lg1 and secondly in record style from the Championship, with one hand tied behind his back because of Sven's massive wage bill hangover

Reasons I'm backing him.

I love the fact he only tolerates players who will give their all for the club. Whenever watching his teams I always feel like we get maximum effort from them.

He's turned around bad situations before, he can do it again, I thought we had enough, I was wrong, he deserves a chance to rectify what has gone wrong.

I like the attitude of the side, everything from trying to play good football to the fact we don't and won't hound officials. Our players (Knockaert apart on a couple of occasions) don't cheat.

I know the club is on a sound financial footing if he here and he wouldn't happily risk the football clubs existence for his own personal CV like Sven would and Redknapp has.

If we do go down you know we'll be right up there next season still. That's his hallmark. Never out of the top 6 with a full season in charge.

If we go down with him we'll be back fairly quickly, if we change manager we simply have to stay up as we'd be going on the same transition as Fulham, Wigan etc if we went down. new players, new systems and probably more managers as ones fail again and again to meet realistic expectation until we find another gem and mix it with stability.

Add to that no other manager avaliable seems as good. Pulis style would require virtually a new squad and he's proven he'll walk out at any point if things don't go his way. Not really someone I want.

Quite simply, going down without any sort of fight. As long as we keep trying and fighting, I'm behind him and them.

In a funny sort of way, I'm quite enjoying having nowt to lose and everyone expecting to beat us. It'll make it all the more fun when we turn someone over. If we ever fookin do! lol

If we looked like Derby 2008 getting battered most weeks (even by fellow relegated sides) then I was say it's time to go, but we aren't, we're losing tight games which suggests a win of any kind might be a turning point. The players are still giving absolutely everything though the quality is severely lacking. Plus he has a record of sorting out bad runs and still achieving an aim.

If we can have a productive January then we'll give ourselves a real chance of survival.

Exactly what "playing identity" have we got this season?

Have you not seen it?

We have a great work ethic, the players NP has assembled will give everything for the team. We also have continued to try and play the same football we played last season. Pacey football, with smart, intricate passing. I do accept that at this level our quality may be lacking but with a few additions and a few wins our playing style might just be admired by others apart from 70/80% of our own supporters.

We do have a serious lack of identity this season. Last season our football was simple but effective from the off and then quality when we were building on leads. It was hard to really explain our style last year - flexible? We were effective in all types of scenarios and that became obvious pretty early on when we kept winning regardless of how the game went.

This year it's becoming hoofball - as per every single time we get a big forward and it really does agitate me. Hoofball is gone. The flick on is seldom effective in this league. I don't even believe we're particularly good at it either. Our inability to resist going long every time we sign a big forward is so annoying.

Against Man City though I thought it was a lot better. More control in midfield, a lot more passing which is natural when you've got Cambiasso, King & Drinkwater in there who are all good passers of the ball, just a lack of cutting edge. I think 4-3-3 is the way forward for us if we sign players suitable for it - Mahrez can be one of the three, Ulloa can if we get him the service. I'd like us to bring in someone like that Montero at Swansea. A bit of a gem, wide left sided forward who can create and score. We'd be a lot better for it.

4-4-2 worked last season but I've given up on it this season personally.

Personally I do not feel Pearson has done much wrong. Its very easy to look for scapegoats when things are going badly. Whenever Ive seen us play this season I feel our general play has been good and that we should be sitting in around 12/13 in the table. But we have let in some real soft soft goals in, which is down to individual mistakes. Not much Pearson can do about that, but if players can cut those mistakes out, I do believe we will get out this mess.

What I believe is that Pearson is a good manager in the championship. But he hasn't adapted well to the premiership. He may well adapt but it has not been quickly enough.

He is quite a slow adapter, I fully agree on that, but the important thing is he does actually adapt in the end.

Personally, I believe in what he has done and will continue to do for the club. Give us stability, bring through younger players that can be moulded into a system, ensure the club has a future and a playing identity.

I also worry that a change in manager could spell the start of a managerial merry-go-round that could potentially ruin us. I for one would still back the work Pearson is doing if we were relegated as I know he could get us back up and would have the experience at that point to keep us there, with stability still in tact. That goes for on the pitch and in the financial sense.

Somebody started a thread recently (BIG SURPRISE!!) stating the reasons most of us back Pearson and it was spot on. Think it was Col, probably worth a look if you are actually after answers as opposed to disagreeing with the responses people are about to make.

I agree with this but at the same time, the bottom half of this league is woefully bad (think about how many games have been settled by amateur mistakes and how many have been settled by moments of quality) which was the foundation for our preseason confidence. To be bottom is embarrassing and to finish there would be unacceptable. He would have to go.

I've enjoyed reading these posts. Thanks to those that have posted. I actually take all the points in board.... LTID...Foxes never quit!!!

Same here, I'm pro Pearson if anything but this thread is very constructive unlike most of the pro/anti Pearson threads knocking around and I agree with most of the points made.

This for me too. Long term gain is what I hope he will achieve and I'm willing to sacrifice short term losses.

Sometimes I'm Pearson out (usually arising from his tactical mistakes and weird substitutions) and sometimes I'm Pearson In. At the minute I'm Pearson in, because I believe every manager int he world, with the current city team, would struggle to improve on Nigels performances and off the match-day pitch he probably gives far more than most other managers and has skills in managing way beyond training the boys on the pitch. 

Pearson In.

I won't lose faith in Pearson as the right manager for Leicester, till the players lose the faith in him and themselves.

It's far too easy letting go of a manager if you're the Leicester of 2006, but one which has improved the 1st team, and youth squad since coming in for the second time? AND has the full backing of HIS players, brought in by him, still improving because of him, and value which has quadrupled in most cases because of his scouting department. Everything about Pearson's system has worked well for this club, and sure, the transition from Champ to Prem has been difficult, it was always going to be difficult, you're mental if you expected us to waltz in to the top half of the table.

I also don't think Pearson has done much wrong in terms of correcting issues, and attempting to gain points every week. It would be ignorant to look back and say we've had 'bad luck', but given the off different swing, games could have gone differently, and points could have been collected and this talk wouldn't be happening. Fans just see the LLLLLLs and presume we're playing shit, but that's not the case at all. We're not getting battered or destroyed by our competition, and the score sheet isn't reflecting that either.

Man City - L - Was always going to be hard, only conceded once and restricted Man C with our formation.

Villa - L - Unfortunate red card, played well and the 3rd goal could have gone either way at the time Villa scored.

Liverpool - L - Again, played very well competitively, missed an open goal, stupid red card for Morgan, played better with 10 men!

QPR - L - Could have gone either way, all of QPRs goals were lucked up scrappy goals.
Sunderland - D - Competitive game which we should have won as the better side on the day.

Southampton - L - Held our own well all game, two late goals as we switched off.

West Brom - L - Unfortunate own goal.

Swansea - L - The only team in our last 10 where we have been truly out of the game without a chance of picking something up.

Newcastle - L - We were the better team before Newcastle's counter-attack goal which killed the game off, on a different day it would have been us with the goal.

Burnley - D - Silly last minute free-kick giving us 1 instead of 3 points.

There's a big big difference losing games by a very thin line, and getting beat 3 - 0 / 4 - 1 every week, We're not completely out of it in terms of our quality as a competitive Premier League side just yet, the minute the players heads drop, we're out of the Prem.

I just think it's wrong to sack a manager that has built this team from scraps, because we're losing games in a division which we haven't been in for 10 years, if anyone can turn it around it's Pearson and his team.

Archived