Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thegaffa

If Pearson gets sacked, who would or could realistically be our next manager?

People saying they don't like pulis ??? Why he's one of the best english managers there is , he did well at Stoke did wonders at palace , agree sometimes his football style is crap but it grinds out results !! I don't understand some fans they would rather we play ok with plenty of heart but lose than play hard rough counter attacking football and grind out results to get us to safety

This.

We are Leicester city and people expect us to play like Barcelona....

Although what I would say is I don't think we have the sort of players to suit that style of play... And making 7/8 changes in January could stir things for the worse...

But he does build decent platforms for clubs at this level.

People saying they don't like pulis ??? Why he's one of the best english managers there is , he did well at Stoke did wonders at palace , agree sometimes his football style is crap but it grinds out results !! I don't understand some fans they would rather we play ok with plenty of heart but lose than play hard rough counter attacking football and grind out results to get us to safety

This.

We are Leicester city and people expect us to play like Barcelona....

Although what I would say is I don't think we have the sort of players to suit that style of play... And making 7/8 changes in January could stir things for the worse...

But he does build decent platforms for clubs at this level.

I love Nige i just think himself and his team overrated the squad that won the championship and didn't do nearly enough in the summer to bring in some "Quality" player for decent money, I would rather stick with him get relegated or have a miracle and stay up than completely mess the club up with a manager change. NP is Leicester in my eyes and if we went down and came up i don't think he would make the same mistakes that he has this season with regards to signing quality and playing solid formations and falling into the trap of copying top teams diamond forms etc

In Nigel i Trust   

The thing is, changing the manager won't change how good the players are! Pearson needs to go but who ever replaces him wouldn't get any more out of these players, there confidence players that need cuddling all the time that's how Pearson likes them! Another manager will just make them worse, remember the last time he left? Also the truth is if someone else came in and spent big but we still end up relegated then the situation could get even worse. The only thing this season is really proving is that Mr Pearson isn't good enough. Who ever thinks we should keep him for next season are wrong, he needs to go. Maybe we should just get in temporary cover from someone already at the club and play some of the youth? Just for the experience?

Pearson can be arrogant, obstinate, and probably frightens most of the players? On the surface most of the team say they back him, but in reality it looks like the team aren't playing for the manager at all? Since Man Utd and Knockhaert being dropped from the team for his comments in the French press, it just seems that didn't go down well in the dressing room, and who's to say that to Pearsons face?

Ask yourselves - are the team playing for the Manager?

Clive Woodward.  He can do it part time and manage the tigers as well.

We can bring a few of the tigers players into our back four - a back 4 of Ben Youngs, Mulipola, Dan Cole and Tuiaangi - the middle two while slow would scare the shit out of every single player in the league.

what games have you been watching? the teams worked there balls off in almost every game i have seen

Pearson can be arrogant, obstinate, and probably frightens most of the players? On the surface most of the team say they back him, but in reality it looks like the team aren't playing for the manager at all? Since Man Utd and Knockhaert being dropped from the team for his comments in the French press, it just seems that didn't go down well in the dressing room, and who's to say that to Pearsons face?

Couldn't agree more they look like they are going through the motions.

yes. 100% yes

what games have you been watching? the teams worked there balls off in almost every game i have seen

From where I am sitting reading these post it just seems the team effort isn't there? Individual errors, sendings off, where's the team spirit when we played the first few games in August/September?

You can run around for 90 minutes on a football pitch like a headless chicken working your balls off.... doesn't mean your playing for the manager though, and the results we have tell us otherwise?

There IS an argument that people are looking too long term, actually.

The remit is Prem survival is it not? If it isn't, say what it is...

And it IS possible that someone else could come in soon, identify targets in Jan, sign them AND have us playing better.

Is it not possible? If not, say why.....

We could take a punt on a Neil Lennon or a Eddie Howe, with the express remit of survival. To be reviewed at the end of the season.

What is clear is either these players are just not up to scratch (maybe?) or that Pearson, unfortunately, has not get them playing to their best. Which is it? Or is it both?

For all those people who say stick with him, all those who don't have an equally strong argument.

The myth of consistency is exactly that..a myth.

If it's possible to bring someone in now, to reverse this appalling run of form, which is now, frankly embarrassing, then there is an argument to do so. One which is becoming ever stronger.

And it IS possible that someone else could come in soon, identify targets in Jan, sign them AND have us playing better.

We could take a punt on a Neil Lennon or a Eddie Howe, with the express remit of survival. To be reviewed at the end of the season.

What is clear is either these players are just not up to scratch (maybe?) or that Pearson, unfortunately, has not get them playing to their best. Which is it? Or is it both?

For all those people who say stick with him, all those who don't have an equally strong argument.

If it's possible to bring someone in now, to reverse this appalling run of form, which is now, frankly embarrassing, then there is an argument to do so. One which is becoming ever stronger.

I don't think Pearson will be able to pull this around now - we keep banging on about January and bringing in new players? what quality players are we going to get? Who would want to come to a team doomed with relegation? Would the owners allow Pearson to spend more money, seeing as he's failed to deliver a strong enough team to remain in this league?

Regrettably - it is probably both - but we won't change many players in Jan (it  is not a time for value).  More worrying is that I am unimpressed with the suggestions of who could to take over from Nigel (which would be more possible than changing the players).  To date, I believed the players support Nigel and so he was the best one to work with them and turn things around.  Today I realised his choice for the starting 11 look so strange I just can't think he is thinking straight.   The rest of the club see him floundering but no one has the balls to say let's get help in...  Nigel needs to sit with some objective helpers (not yes men) in a quiet room and come up with a plan for achieving survival - and then do it.  IF the club can't facilitate this level of crisis planning then may be they have to find a new manager (though I don't expect the current candidates will achieve survival...)

Archived