Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Scottish Independence Poll

Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?

• Yes - I want Scotland to leave the UK.
    • No - I want Scotland to stay in the UK.
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

Like the union but quite simply sick of a lot of them.

They can go, like a spiteful teenager it's time to have to learn to stand on your own two feet.

Though like a few have said the chances of them actually running out us very unlikely.

We should try and shove the Welsh out as well, not sure we would get a Labour Government again.

It's this kind of ill thought out wankery that stirs up anti-English feeling where there was none before.

Now I'll confront chip-on-the-shoulder nationalism as much as the next man, but honestly, sometimes I am ashamed to be English.

FFS

(Pro Union, by the way)

Guest MattP

Couldn't care less how the Scots view us anymore.

They get free Internet, prescriptions, university tuition fees while we have to pay for it purely because we live south of the border and we still get a rough shake from a lot of them. Seriously, wtf? I have no idea how they still get away with it.

The opportunities they have they should be one of the most enlightened nations in the world and instead a significant proportion of them seem to piss it up the wall.

Hard to find a stronger case for tough love.

I voted yes.

- I vote Conservative (they're not brilliant but labour/lib dems are dreadful). Without Scotland, the Tories are bound to do much better in elections.

Then read this and changed my mind.

Guest MattP

So you vote yes (presuming on the fact you also aren't keen on what Scottish people get compared to us) then change you mind to support parties that keep giving all free stuff to Scotland?

Scottish independence is a cosy, delusional pipe dream for blind patriots.

Full independence will almost never happen, potentially just further devolution - at Westminster's expense.

Devolution is a f**cking travesty anyway. How can you insert extra tiers of government in certain parts of the union and not others? And how did the Scotch get away with spending the GDP of China on their Parliament building at Holyrood?

So you vote yes (presuming on the fact you also aren't keen on what Scottish people get compared to us) then change you mind to support parties that keep giving all free stuff to Scotland?

No I have no problem with the Scottish. Doesn't mean I should be against Scottish independence does it?

Guest MattP

No I have no problem with the Scottish. Doesn't mean I should be against Scottish independence does it?

Why do you want them to leave the union?

Why do you want them to leave the union?

Because they never should have been part of the 'United Kingdom' in the first place. They're a separate nation and I think they should be independent.

Because they never should have been part of the 'United Kingdom' in the first place. They're a separate nation and I think they should be independent.

Which has spent somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of it's history in some sort of union with England. Not all that separate really, and haven't been standing alone since the 1500's/

Pft, they're as responsible for the Union as the English are, almost. I hate all this Scots posturing about independence.

We give far less of a shit yet were treated far, far worse historically.

I would point out that we could also have free prescriptions and not have to pay tuition fees. Instead people would rather we gave tax breaks to the rich.

And have a load of fvcking useless nuclear weapons which will never be used.

And scrap Harrier jets, flogging them off cheap, only to decide they were quite useful and pop in an order for brand new ones.

And flog off the carrier section of the fleet only to suddenly realise they were quite useful at carrying planes and shit so commission new ones.

And...and...and...

Guest MattP

I would point out that we could also have free prescriptions and not have to pay tuition fees. Instead people would rather we gave tax breaks to the rich.

Sounds good but not the case unfortunately. I didn't agree with lowering the 50% to 45% but that wouldn't go anywhere near to covering free prescriptions for 60million people.

I assume everyone arguing self determination for the Falklands thinks the same for the Scots, and if they decide they want independence they will fully support it.

If they vote for it then obviously they should be allowed to go. Doesn't stop me hoping that they won't.

Guest MattP

If they vote for it then obviously they should be allowed to go. Doesn't stop me hoping that they won't.

x2

• 7 months later...

The wording agreed today:

"Should Scotland be an independent country?"

Studies had shown that the previous SNP suggestion "Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?" was biased in favour ofthe proposition.

Still voting "No"...

• 2 months later...

Aye ech, will stee in tha eeeyoo.

You'll stay in the EU? Um, no I don't think you will.

Aye ech, will stee in NATO.

You'll still be in NATO? Again, no

Will keep the wee poond.

Not quite getting how this works, are you Scotland? "Independence". The clue is in the title. Thick cvnts. Wish they'd **** off to be honest. It's embarrassing having them riding on our coat tails.

Until the act of union, scotland's chief source of wealth was cow dung..(Arthur Bryant, Set in a Silver Sea.) Which is ironic really because now their chief talks a load of bull s**t.

Things i'd like to know are.

If scotland go independent, will scottish residents in the rest of the uk have to return home and re-enter through border controls with a passport?

If the british taxpayer owns the royal bank of scotland, who picks up the bill to re-privatise it into scottish hands.

and most importantly, will this definitely be and end to celtic and rangers wanting to become part of the English football league.

Until the act of union, scotland's chief source of wealth was cow dung..(Arthur Bryant, Set in a Silver Sea.) Which is ironic really because now their chief talks a load of bull s**t.

Things i'd like to know are.

If scotland go independent, will scottish residents in the rest of the uk have to return home and re-enter through border controls with a passport?

If the british taxpayer owns the royal bank of scotland, who picks up the bill to re-privatise it into scottish hands.

and most importantly, will this definitely be and end to celtic and rangers wanting to become part of the English football league.

In fairness to the Scottish and economics...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith

The father of modern economics - but still, that was over 200 years ago.

Archived