Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Steven

West Ham (Home) - Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Recommended Posts

Posted

Cheers mate was a good game eh? But shocked by quite how direct West Ham are these days. Certainly not the academy of football at the moment but I can see how effective it is. Collins surprised me with how good he was at the back for you.

good game indeed, as for the academy of football, its a myth mate.

funnily enough, I thought we playing against type against you!..you should see us on a normal day.

really impressed though, by the support you have, genuinely hope you stay up. keep the faith!

Posted

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157637&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=500

 

I thought WHU fans were supposed to have decent knowledge of football in general. Surely they should know just because you're bottom it doesn't automatically make you a poor side. Sure, we've not won in ages, and have won only 3/4 games at home but that doesn't tell the full story does it?

 

Scored 5 at home against United. Got two draws at home to Everton and Arsenal. Beat Stoke away. Should've beat Spurs at home quite easily.  Scored twice at Anfield and got a point after they were gifted two penalties. Played bloody well away to Arsenal. Got a point at Goodison after they equalise late on. Score 3 at WHL and still lose.

 

I suppose it works in our favour if teams are going to underestimate us in the remaining fixtures. I think most managers know enough about us though to know that we're noway the worst footballing side in this league

wouldn't take it personally mate..its just that losing to the bottom side attitude. we all do it, imagine if you played us in reverse positions, plenty on here most likely make similar comments.

Posted

Pretty sure 8 people were arrested at Symphony Rooms. 2 arrested in town and a couple more at the match, including the guy dragged out of L section!

Busy day for the coppers.

obviously not around in the 80s then mate..i remember filbert st very well indeed!....the ob were certainly busy then

Posted

The one thing yesterday's game brought home to me more than anything, was just how bloody difficult it is to win a game in this league. It is so so hard.

Really good observation. Me too and that's why I fear the run-in even though we have some of the 'easier' teams.

Posted

wouldn't take it personally mate..its just that losing to the bottom side attitude. we all do it, imagine if you played us in reverse positions, plenty on here most likely make similar comments.

No I know. But sides at the bottom usually deserve to be there and I don't think that we do really.

Posted

No I know. But sides at the bottom usually deserve to be there and I don't think that we do really.

Other clubs fans views are generally polarised re the way we played against them. The arsenal and spurs guys at work think we are far too good to be bottom. I doubt stoke fans see it that way. We were dire twice against the potters.

Posted

Press boys still not forgiven Pearson for having a go at one of their own.

From a piece in the Guardian by Richard Rae

Leaning against the wall of the corridor outside the Leicester City press room, Nigel Pearson was around three minutes into a typically rambling and discursive response to a straightforward question when a door banged open and to the ill-concealed relief of the assembled journalists, his opposite number Sam Allardyce jovially demanded his presence to share a swift post-match drink.

Posted

Press boys still not forgiven Pearson for having a go at one of their own.

From a piece in the Guardian by Richard Rae

Leaning against the wall of the corridor outside the Leicester City press room, Nigel Pearson was around three minutes into a typically rambling and discursive response to a straightforward question when a door banged open and to the ill-concealed relief of the assembled journalists, his opposite number Sam Allardyce jovially demanded his presence to share a swift post-match drink.

 

The journalists absolutely hate him and don't even bother hiding it.

 

Which only makes me love the white-shoe wearing bastard more.

Posted

Rae is one of the few whose actually been very fair to us. He's watched about every home game and if you read his opening line of the West Ham game, it says it's about time Leicester got a deserved win.

It's the London based hacks what don't like him.

Posted

Press boys still not forgiven Pearson for having a go at one of their own.

From a piece in the Guardian by Richard Rae

Leaning against the wall of the corridor outside the Leicester City press room, Nigel Pearson was around three minutes into a typically rambling and discursive response to a straightforward question when a door banged open and to the ill-concealed relief of the assembled journalists, his opposite number Sam Allardyce jovially demanded his presence to share a swift post-match drink.

 

Richard Rae is also Radio Leicester's cricket reporter and sometimes reads their sports bulletins.

Posted

I'm sure I saw an older bloke as I left the ground (City fan, near the away fans entrance) with a bloody nose and loads of City fans looking on.

Looked like he'd been smacked.

 

 

He'd probably just wound someone up, Col. Recommended a defensive midfielder like Cattermole once too often, you know what these older blokes are like....  :whistle:

Guest Col city fan
Posted

He'd probably just wound someone up, Col. Recommended a defensive midfielder like Cattermole once too often, you know what these older blokes are like.... :whistle:

Was he back for Sunderland yesterday? I never watched the game.

Posted

A super performance and definitely the start of our comeback. It's not too late! Believe!

I'm still 50/50, performance wise we've be good this season. However we just don't put away our chances which of course as cost us games. You don't win games without scoring!

Posted

On the West Ham forum we yet again got praise from the opposition fans.

We've had newspapers, pundits, opposition players, managers and supporters all praising our football at times this season.

In truth we have not been that far off.

The problem has without doubt been the two obvious things:

# Poor finishing

# Sloppy defending.

That's what's really disappointed me, being so close surely the club should've made the extra couple of signings just to give us the chance.

(Kramaric and Huth are good signings but too late I feel).

I still will hope, until it's mathematical I will still hope we can do it.

COYB

Posted

Cambiasso was so good yesterday, have we seen a better performance from a bald headed Argentine in Leicester's midfield? I can't remember one.

 

he reminds me of Gunnlaugsson lol just 15x better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...