st albans fox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Cheers mate was a good game eh? But shocked by quite how direct West Ham are these days. Certainly not the academy of football at the moment but I can see how effective it is. Collins surprised me with how good he was at the back for you. were they so direct? Seemed happy to play it round us for much of the first half. (Thankfully we changed our tactics at half time to compensate for their extra midfield man). Second half, we upped the tempo and they weren't so effective in possession.
IronDawg Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 I'm a visiting West Ham fan just wanting to say well done and good luck in the fight to stay up. I hope you are in the PL next season. I last travelled to Leicester in 1997 and I think Chelsea had played the previous week and trashed a local pub. So another London team coming up meant the atmosphere was decidedly tasty. I was travelling home on foot, but a kind Leicester family picked myself and my brother up and dropped us off at a station. If that was you thanks mate. Good luck again Foxes see you at UP next season!
The Year Of The Fox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157637&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=500 I thought WHU fans were supposed to have decent knowledge of football in general. Surely they should know just because you're bottom it doesn't automatically make you a poor side. Sure, we've not won in ages, and have won only 3/4 games at home but that doesn't tell the full story does it? Scored 5 at home against United. Got two draws at home to Everton and Arsenal. Beat Stoke away. Should've beat Spurs at home quite easily. Scored twice at Anfield and got a point after they were gifted two penalties. Played bloody well away to Arsenal. Got a point at Goodison after they equalise late on. Score 3 at WHL and still lose. I suppose it works in our favour if teams are going to underestimate us in the remaining fixtures. I think most managers know enough about us though to know that we're noway the worst footballing side in this league
theessexfox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Thought West Ham were very direct at Upton Park but played a lot of good football yesterday.
Carlos88LCFC Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Thought West Ham were very direct at Upton Park but played a lot of good football yesterday. Big Sam utilized Alex Song very well. He looked the most dangerous player for them, found space in between our attack and defense and it cost us a goal. West Ham are littered with experience and I always thought if we tried to play football against them we would lose. The tactics were spot on, we beat them because of our passion, work rate and tempo. If we had tried to match them man for man we would have ironically got "hammered" Pearson gets a lot of stick because of where we are in the league but he's not actually that bad when it comes to "how can we play against this team and be effective" ... Bar the Hull performance I've been pretty pleased with how we have preformed this year, just wish the results went our way and we weren't stairing down the barrel of championship football. Surely Albrighton is a better corner taker than James though? His crossing is better than most in this division Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whitlock Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 He was okay, he watched the rest of the game a few rows in front of me. He was a young lad of about 23. I don't know if was pished or fainted but he was sipping water for the rest of the game. Good news. There was also someone else that collapsed outside the ground, just as you would pass the away fans section. There was blood and he didn't look too clever, anyone know how he is?
Haydos Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 I am drunk so I apologise but that was such a good feeling when King scored, for a moment it felt like everyone forgot where we were in the table and it was just such an incredible feeling! I've missed that so bad. Atmosphere was awesome today, I like those clapper things we should have them for the remaining games. Only negative for me was Ulloa, thought he didn't hold the ball up well and gave it away too much, would like to see Kram, Nuge and Vardy against WBA, think they could cause chaos. Vardy is always exciting when he gets the ball and Cambiasso was very good today, loved his reaction to the crowd at the end. Enjoy everyone, let's hope this continues. Well said, exactly how I feel as well, don't think a goal has felt quite like that since the Utd game. It did genuinely remove the context of our position for a moment and I remembered what football was like again
Guest Col city fan Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 I'm sure I saw an older bloke as I left the ground (City fan, near the away fans entrance) with a bloody nose and loads of City fans looking on. Looked like he'd been smacked.
The Year Of The Fox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 I'm sure I saw an older bloke as I left the ground (City fan, near the away fans entrance) with a bloody nose and loads of City fans looking on. Looked like he'd been smacked. There was a bloke lying on the floor motionless just outside of L Block. His mates and police were around him. I didn't seem too concerned as the police didn't either.
Monsell1976 Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 There was a bloke lying on the floor motionless just outside of L Block. His mates and police were around him. I didn't seem too concerned as the police didn't either.A few West Ham got a good hiding before the game in symphony rooms, chanting Leicester scum, and one had blood all over his face, after being put on his arse.A lot of West Ham came looking for trouble and found it.
The Year Of The Fox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 A few West Ham got a good hiding before the game in symphony rooms, chanting Leicester scum, and one had blood all over his face, after being put on his arse. A lot of West Ham came looking for trouble and found it. A few West Ham got a good hiding before the game in symphony rooms, chanting Leicester scum, and one had blood all over his face, after being put on his arse. A lot of West Ham came looking for trouble and found it. Yes I know. We were in the sypmhony rooms when two lads came and stood next to us taking off their jackets. One then squeezed in right behind me with his back to the wall and grabbed an empty galss to try and blend in with the crowd. Kept feeling his breathing and panting all over me so I turned and asked who he was running from . He just said he was looking after someone. Then we left to go to the game and seen the Hammers fan with blood round his face. Put two and two together then That bloke was against the wall outside and 3 other West Ham fans (young lads aboslutely steaming) were being spoken to by the police. Think they got nicked but to be fair i was talking to them before in the pub and whilst they were off their heads and singing west ham songs they were pretty harmless. He kept singing about how he wanted a draw because he quite liked leicester
Leicesterpool Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 A few West Ham got a good hiding before the game in symphony rooms, chanting Leicester scum, and one had blood all over his face, after being put on his arse. A lot of West Ham came looking for trouble and found it. Might be nothing to do with it but after the game I headed up back to the station, while on my way past the prison there was a group six blokes some were pissing up the wall of the prison!. One of the lads was on his phone, him and the rest of the group had cockney accents, none wearing colors. They were talking about meeting someone up at the stadium, now I must add this was after the game! but as I say might have nothing to do with it.
LCCFox96 Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 The best thing about yesterday for me was how the whole stadium rallied together and backed the team. It made for a great afternoon. A good performance all round and we picked up the points haul we deserved.
EnglishOxide Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Pretty sure 8 people were arrested at Symphony Rooms. 2 arrested in town and a couple more at the match, including the guy dragged out of L section! Busy day for the coppers.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 A few West Ham got a good hiding before the game in symphony rooms, chanting Leicester scum, and one had blood all over his face, after being put on his arse. A lot of West Ham came looking for trouble and found it. Just as bad, if you retaliate physically, to just chants.
Unabomber Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Just as bad, if you retaliate physically, to just chants. Didn't you say you punched someone at a game? Man you are such a hypocrite.
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Pretty sure 8 people were arrested at Symphony Rooms. 2 arrested in town and a couple more at the match, including the guy dragged out of L section! Busy day for the coppers. Saw a scrap before the game, won't say where, nothing too serious, couldn't tell who was who and nothing really happened
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 In case anyone is vaguely interested, here's my interview with Pearson after the game http://audioboom.com/boos/3054151-nigel-pearson-lcfc
Unabomber Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 In case anyone is vaguely interested, here's my interview with Pearson after the game http://audioboom.com/boos/3054151-nigel-pearson-lcfc Was he a good interviewee?
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Was he a good interviewee? Pretty much always when I've spoken to him.
Corky Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 In case anyone is vaguely interested, here's my interview with Pearson after the game http://audioboom.com/boos/3054151-nigel-pearson-lcfc Good interview Geoff, Nige seemed quite relaxed during that. Winning presumably helps.
Unabomber Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Pretty much always when I've spoken to him. You and Nigel two good men.
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 Good interview Geoff, Nige seemed quite relaxed during that. Winning presumably helps. Strangely though he can sometimes give even better, more insightful interviews after a defeat.
Webbo Posted 5 April 2015 Posted 5 April 2015 In case anyone is vaguely interested, here's my interview with Pearson after the game http://audioboom.com/boos/3054151-nigel-pearson-lcfc Anyway of hearing it without creating an account?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.