DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Cheers bud. All I try to do is to give some balance to it. Today, Cambiasso was tremendous (so I say so). The previous two games he was pants (so I say so). When he contributes to the team like he did today, he's worth his weight in gold the little bald beauty. Another few of them and he could be a massive influence in us staying up (crikey, my bet might still be on!) You're well right Col. Cambiasso seems to have got the team ticking. I just hope it's not too late, and we can keep the momentum going.
st albans fox Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Whilst evacuating the right hand side defensively was a risk, the short free kick routine down that side soon afterwards was incredible. I know they are footballers rather than brain surgeons but seriously !!! Re kasper - couple of poor kicks but in general, his distribution different class to the other two. That kick to vardy first 10 mins just brilliant. He gives an urgency. However, he did come for three crosses (for a change) and I don't think he connected with any of the punches on them
Heskey2011 Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 We will win our next 3 games, guaranteed, and Andy king will be instrumental in all of them. Picked these 4 games out a while ago and after today, I'm just positive it will happen.
st albans fox Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 We will win our next 3 games, guaranteed, and Andy king will be instrumental in all of them. Picked these 4 games out a while ago and after today, I'm just positive it will happen. Granted he was in the right place at the right time but after we went ahead, I did feel his extra body in midfield didn't have enough effect. Would rather see DD ahead of MJ and EC
shailen Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Atmosphere was absolutely fantastic today, even before our winner.
shailen Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 I think it was the 09/10 season where we'd lost 4/5 games in a row and King scored the winner against PNE in a 1-0 win that saw a good run of form. Hopefully it's about to happen again
Guest Sharpe's Fox Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Effort. Graft. Quality. Confidence. Belief. That's why I'll never give up on this squad and on this manager. Today we got the just a fraction of the luck owed to us and every single one of them puts themselves on the line for this club. Don't care what happens at the end of the season because today they showed me every reason why I should believe in them as a fan. Don't give up, because we're in for a hell of a ride.
Gerard Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Does anyone know if the person a few rows down from Union FS is ok? Saw some medical attention up there mid-to-late in the 1st half they were up there a good 10 minutes i'd say saw a person being wheeled down the steps. Hope they are ok. He was okay, he watched the rest of the game a few rows in front of me. He was a young lad of about 23. I don't know if was pished or fainted but he was sipping water for the rest of the game.
Dawko Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 I love it when Cambiasso has the ball, I feel so calm. so relaxed, I'm sure that my blood pressure goes down. He just never gives the ball away. Sheer class Great Player Modern day Alan Ball Love 'im Cambiasso, Captain in all but name.
Guest Sharpe's Fox Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Nearly forgot I saw David Gold's silver Rolls Royce with the "D Gold" number plate on Narborough Road on the way back today. Rest assured I showed him the LCFC badge on my clapper going past.
shailen Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Can anyone explain to me why Cambiasso isn't our Captain????? Tbf you don't have to be a captain to be a leader of men. Cambiasso still is vocal throughout the game and at the heart of everything.
MattGamble92 Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Talk about overrating Albrihhton because so many of you have hailed him the next Ronaldo while he hasn't been playing. Are we just going to forget the 3 times he gave the ball away and gave west ham superb openings? He was decent. But nothing more. Kramaric changed the game the most. I love king
oohaahmustafa Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 What a game. We are staying up. Can't ****ing wait for west brom.
Dawko Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Cambiasso We are so lucky and grateful to have him here He is a bloody good footballer.
Manwell Pablo Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Kramaric was a game changer, did more in 20 minutes than Ulloa has done in his last 20 games. Made my opinions on Ulloa quite clear but thought I'd add that I've been working down in Brighton the last few weeks, their pretty much laughing at us on a weekly basis, albeit most will admit to thinking we'd pulled a blinder after the first few games. Such a huge amount of money that could of been better invested.
Alf Bentley Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Massive win. I'm so happy I'm not even gonna moan about Schlupp. Beer o clock. I'm so happy (after a few beers o'clock, with more to come), I've given MooseBreath +1. Might not be a massive win (still ridiculous numbers of chances missed & moments of defensive fragility)....but it bloody might be, if they can build confidence from this! How good would it be if we did escape from this? That would be emotional beyond belief. Same formation next time, but Konch for Schlupp (liability at the moment) & Kramaric for Ulloa (possibly a role for Kingo, too - a player who doesn't give the ball away 1 time in 3, unlike too many)?
cityfanlee23 Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Made my opinions on Ulloa quite clear but thought I'd add that I've been working down in Brighton the last few weeks, their pretty much laughing at us on a weekly basis, albeit most will admit to thinking we'd pulled a blinder after the first few games. Such a huge amount of money that could of been better invested. I do think he is deadly, he's shown he can be, But he needs the game played around him, reminds me of torres in that respect
Manwell Pablo Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Talk about overrating Albrihhton because so many of you have hailed him the next Ronaldo while he hasn't been playing. Are we just going to forget the 3 times he gave the ball away and gave west ham superb openings? He was decent. But nothing more. Kramaric changed the game the most. I love king Yeah agree with that nothing you've said there is incorrect, he was alright, but it certainly wasn't the biggest impact he's made. However, we always play better when he is on the field and he has certain qualities the rest of our wingers do not. The fact that he's one of the only players in our side with over 100 appearances in the Premier League shows for me near enough every time he gets minutes.
Manwell Pablo Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 I do think he is deadly, he's shown he can be, But he needs the game played around him, reminds me of torres in that respect He's a donkey with no positional sense and a shit touch. If he gets 5 yards of space 6-10 yards out he normally does something with it (but due to above reasons, that scenario scarcely occurs) and he's incredible in the air (again no good unless you know where to be head the ball in the first place)
Claridge Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Agree with Vardy, Nuge and Kram starting. In fairness to Ulloa he did put himself about a bit today, roughed their centre backs up a few times and won the pen. Kram looks top class though if he can get a run of games sure he will score a few. Great win today. The great escape is on. Nuge was rubbish today.gave the ball away all the time.ran about but that's it and I've not seen a worse penalty taker.
cityfanlee23 Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 He's a donkey with no positional sense and a shit touch. If he gets 5 yards of space 6-10 yards out he normally does something with it (but due to above reasons, that scenario scarcely occurs) and he's incredible in the air (again no good unless you know where to be head the ball in the first place) 100% this. With regard to the positional sense I think he's OK in that department, He just doesn't seem to WANT to get into the box, or he's being told that isn't his job, Because he has shown in his first games how he can play, and if you watch his Brighton goals, the majority were from being in the box, just don't understand why he doesn't seem to break his neck to get in there!
Manwell Pablo Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 100% this. With regard to the positional sense I think he's OK in that department, He just doesn't seem to WANT to get into the box, or he's being told that isn't his job, Because he has shown in his first games how he can play, and if you watch his Brighton goals, the majority were from being in the box, just don't understand why he doesn't seem to break his neck to get in there! Pace of the league maybe I don't know, my problem with his positional sense is his tendency to drop deeper than a player like him should ever be thus meaning he's never in the box at the right moment.
Corky Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Enjoyed the game, deserved the win, really pleased we won because it was so much better than recent home performances. Positive substitutions too. Schmeichel made some crucial saves, Cambiasso was joyful, Vardy ran himself into the ground despite the finishing. All-in-all a good day both performance and result wise. It keeps us alive, just.
Dr The Singh Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 A good day, it will only mean anything if we can take it into the next game.
Sunbury Fox Posted 4 April 2015 Posted 4 April 2015 Amazing to see there are fewer than half the number of comments in the post match thread after a really important win, compared to after the Hull game. Says a lot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.