Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Leicester city 2 - Swansea city 0 - Post match bloody thread, i love you all

Atmosphere was nuts from 2.45 til 4.55 today too btw, never heard it as loud as it was in parts today. I'm row K of the kop (ie quite close to the front) and was on my feet from 83 mins onwards.

Quote of the day from someone on the way out, too;

"It was good then it was shit but them fosse guys at the back are making it well good again" when talking about the atmosphere.

How bloody good would it be to play that last home game knowing we're already safe?

Actually quite doable.

I've just done the predictor with these results.

Burnley 1-1 Leicester

Leicester 2-1 Newcastle

Leicester 0-1 Southampton

Leicester 0-2 Chelsea

Sunderland 0-1 Leicester

With QPR picking up four points between now and then, Burnley five as well as Sunderland and Hull picking up one each from their awful run-ins, it puts us four points clear of the relegation zone on the last day and therefore safe.

In all honesty, we're in a good position now.

Class performance by the whole team, every single player today put some bloody effort in.

The midfield pairing of Cambiasso & King will get all the plaudits, but I bloody love Robert Huth he has made a real difference, no nonsense & so reliable must sign him permanently.

Now let's keep this form going!

Best all round performance of the season I would say.

Nige changed it up to great effect today, especially after the Nugent setback. Taking Kramaric off and bringing Drinkwater on was the game clincher in terms of tactics solidifying us but the 3-5-2 worked magnificently first half, we came out the blocks quickly and were on the front foot. Albrighton too was a threat down the right hand side.

Cambiasso and King were tremendous. Cambiasso MOTM just about, but King was superb today in the tackle, with the ball, without the ball. Magnificent.

Magnificent all round. I know someones going to give me the told you so about Pearson or whatever, AKCJ or whoever he is in particular that follows me round because im a Pearson critic but i dont care tonight. Im Leicester through and through, Im deserate to stay up, and today was immense.

Best all round performance of the season I would say.

Nige changed it up to great effect today, especially after the Nugent setback. Taking Kramaric off and bringing Drinkwater on was the game clincher in terms of tactics solidifying us but the 3-5-2 worked magnificently first half, we came out the blocks quickly and were on the front foot. Albrighton too was a threat down the right hand side.

Cambiasso and King were tremendous. Cambiasso MOTM just about, but King was superb today in the tackle, with the ball, without the ball. Magnificent.

Magnificent all round. I know someones going to give me the told you so about Pearson or whatever, AKCJ or whoever he is in particular that follows me round because im a Pearson critic but i dont care tonight. Im Leicester through and through, Im deserate to stay up, and today was immense.

Agree with all of that

Moving on to next week, Burnley look a bit toothless and missing Barnes. That's more than winnable, Sunderland away to Stoke, Hull away to Palace - got a real chance to keep the escape up.

just to remind you....Palace lost this week to WBA at home today.

A lot of us would have less grey hairs this season if we played this high intensity game all season and not just until the Burnley game!

Thought the atmosphere was great today and the fans were well up for it from the start,and the players made a great start too which helped.

Need the same for the rest of the home games.

Fortress!

i'm 43 - I coach kids, I try to act mature but for a brief moment I don't care! Get the **** in there !!!! Yes - Yes -- Yeeeeeeeees!!! I am in such a fooking good mood!!! Bring it on ! come on! We can do this!!!!!!!

God I'm so fookin happy!

Apologies for the language!

Guest CityFan 06

Great lift now for the players heading into the next upcoming games. Moving off the bottom since November. Foxes Never Quit. Onto the next one.

WBA are better than Hull though, and Palace are generally quite good. Can see a point at best for Hull.

Incidentally, a draw for us and any kind of defeat for Hull would take us out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Incidentally, a draw for us and any kind of defeat for Hull would take us out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

We're level with Hull atm, we'd be a point clear.

Wow, what an afternoon! Great intensity on the pitch - our pace was killing them towards the end - and simply brilliant atmosphere off it. Anyone still think the clappers were a bad idea?

Reading that some people think a draw would be enough for us next week. A bit worried that we'll play it cagey - we must stay very positive, that's our strength. If we go there and sit deep we'll lose 1-0 to a set piece. Get at them from the start again! COYB!

Archived