Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Leicester city 2 - Swansea city 0 - Post match bloody thread, i love you all

I agree. I thought we were a yard of pace quicker than them all over the park. Even Albrighton who I don't consider to be the quickest had the beating of their full back

Very true...Albrighton is quicker than I thought he was if I'm honest. I thought he had a good game.

Very true...Albrighton is quicker than I thought he was if I'm honest. I thought he had a good game.

I like mahrez, but albrighton sticks to his defensive duties better, he always tracks back, and has that bit of quality.

As much as mahrez is a quality player, I think sometimes he falls into the knockeart area of trying to do to much.

If we stay up, I think mahrez will be one of those who will be a better player, with a years premier league experience behind him.

I like mahrez, but albrighton sticks to his defensive duties better, he always tracks back, and has that bit of quality.

As much as mahrez is a quality player, I think sometimes he falls into the knockeart area of trying to do to much.

If we stay up, I think mahrez will be one of those who will be a better player, with a years premier league experience behind him.

Same here mate..

But I think that of all of them. No substitute for experience of playing at the top level.

Apologies for being a bore, but no, you literally are not - however I agree with every other sentiment posted here. This feels like a huge psychological blow to have struck, 3 games ago we had 19 points, now we're one win away from the 30s..........the only result to play for at the town with one road in is a win.

Haha! You wrote what I was thinking. I thought Carlos's post was rep-worthy, but the abuse of literally made me skip it instead. Someone on the radio after the match yesterday said they were literally over the moon. I've heard a woman say she literally shat herself when she clearly didn't mean that. I'm not sure, but I think they've added a second meaning to the dictionary that states literally can mean not literally.

If this abuse of the word carries on, then it becomes redundant. Now, people who actually know what literally means have to make that fact clear whenever they use it, which is annoying. Eventually, they won't bother and the word will die.

To anyone who doesn't know, literally means you actually mean what you are saying, i.e. not figuratively. It's only for use when you're using metaphors, and that metaphor happens to be true if you take it to mean what it actually says - like an autistic person might do. Saying something like, "I literally have no idea" doesn't really make sense, because having no idea is not metaphorical. Really, "literally" could be short for, "both literally and figuratively/metaphorically", or, "literally and not figuratively/metaphorically." It is not a substitute for "actually" or "really".

"I'm on cloud nine" - said figuratively, means "I'm very happy", but said literally, means "I'm actually, physically somehow on some actual water vapour in the sky."

"Keep your eye on the ball" - said figuratively, means "Pay attention to the ball", but said literally, means "Place your actual, physical eye right on top of the ball and keep it there."

"I'm over the moon" - said figuratively, means "I'm very happy", but said literally, means "I'm actually physically situated thousands of miles above the Earth, and on the other side of the moon."

"I shat myself" - said figuratively, means "I was very scared", but said literally, means "I actually soiled my own actual, physical underwear with my own actual, physical fecal matter."

Albrighton made a last man tackle in the first half after running a solid 80 yards with his man to stop what would've defo been a goal imo. He was great first half yesterday. Fair play for taking his chances when given an opportunity.

Can't fault any of the yesterday at all. Great team performance, great team spirit, endeavour and some individual class too. Recipe for success is that.

I'm hanging to hell and don't even care tbh. We are staying up.

I thought this was an away game, for some reason. 

A good result, but we still have to keep our feet on the ground. There is still a long way to go in terms of results, so we must bite our nails (disgusting habit), for a good while yet. Our fate lies in our own hands, and we must make every game count.   

It's going to be a long few weeks.

I thought this was an away game, for some reason.

A good result, but we still have to keep our feet on the ground. There is still a long way to go in terms of results, so we must bite our nails (disgusting habit), for a good while yet. Our fate lies in our own hands, and we must make every game count.

It's going to be a long few weeks.

It's a nice feeling to be looking forward to games rather than dreading them

Just wanted to give a mention again of young Jeff yesterday.

When Nathan Dyer came on, (who is bloody rapid), I thought Schlupp have him nothing. Every time Dyer knocked it past Jeff, he had the pace to run him down and invariably won the ball.

He's really developing well is young Schlupp. His pace is such an asset to the team.

Same with RDL to be fair. His pace stopped a few potentially dangerous situations. 

Over here in Ireland, 3 players make the Sunday Indo "Team of the Day"...KS, Morgan & Ulloa.

Really? I'm still shitting myself with him in defence, that backpass to Kasper when there was a Swansea player closing down :nigel:

It was an almost perfect football day out yesterday. The attacking intent, the positivity, the cohesion, the willingness to mount the challenge, the crowd generating a terrific atmosphere - it all concluded in an outstanding experience.

The first time we've won three games in a row in the Premier League since 2000 (!). The first clean sheet in four games. Off the bottom of the table for the first time in roughly five (?) months. Ulloa scoring again.

These are just a few of the many positive to draw from the Swansea game.

The only two things I did not like was Pearson reverting to a 4-4-2, thus taking the foot off the gas, allowing the visitors to be much more threatening in our own half and our wastefulness in front of goal. Some may argue we were lacking the power, but I believe we could've pummeled Swansea even further. However, I'm glad that De Laet somehow managed to nullify the danger that is Jefferson Montero.

Hopefully, this third straight will further strengthen the morale and the belief that we can reach 16th or 17th spot comes the end of the season. Just improve the finishing and we'll be laughing to the bank.

I thought it was a good decision to go 4-4-2.

By the end of the first half Swansea were having a period of dominance. Schlupp and Allbrighton were more midfielders than wing backs and Swansea were using the width of the pitch quite effectively. 4-4-2 made us more solid but wasn't over negative as we still provided an attacking threat.

Pearson has to be commended for his bravery for not trying to close the game out. I was sure he would be bringing on James when Krameric was subbed but he brought on the more attacking threat of Drinkwater. We ended up playing 4-5-1 with five attack minded midfielders by the end of the match.

The 442 switch was to look after the pace of Swansea's wingers. A couple of occasions Routledge exposed the channel in the first half.

Then the introduction of Drinkwater was for him to mark the deepest Swansea midfielder, therefore stopping the defence playing it out and making them go direct.

It was very good tactics.

Albrighton made a last man tackle in the first half after running a solid 80 yards with his man to stop what would've defo been a goal imo. He was great first half yesterday. Fair play for taking his chances when given an opportunity.

Shame there was no highlight of it on MOTD. It looked phenomenal at the time, would like to see it again.

Archived