Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

Ditching the clappers imo would be a serious mistake.

They create noise accross the WHOLE of the stadium. They have 'enabled' (rightly or wrongly) the majority to get involved with the chants, songs and enthusiasm that's being generated where I stand in SK1.

Pre - clappers we struggled to get the Kop involved at a lot of games (the drum has been a great addition also) but now the Kop, East & even West Stand are getting swept along.

The purists may prefer that the masses didn't need the clappers, but that really should be secondary when we are now achieving what of us wanted - a fantastic, intimidating atmosphere that pushes the lads on.

Don't mess with what's working.

Don't see them staying though personally. Don't get me wrong I see exactly what you're saying, but I'd like to hope that these last few games have actually made a bit of a lasting impression on some of our fans, to keep up this kind of atmosphere every game.

Appreciate that's unlikely but you never know.

If £10000 is correct, it's a shade over 30p per clapper going on a home attendance of 28500-29000! Shocking maths in this thread! lol

Closer to 35p per clapper going on the numbers you've given, who's maths is shocking? lol

Manager and players all coming out and saying about how good the fans are and how much it helps them.

Makes you wonder what it would be like if we could do it in tough times too, although I agree with Pearson when he says it's up to us to give the fans something to cheer about I also think the players could do with that more in a poor run, than a great one

FFS the maths on here is nearly as anal as the spelling with some.

This is a football forum and fvck all to do with the stock exchange or banking.

Some really need to get a life.

Has someone eaten your last rolo Sylo? Tell Uncle Larry lol

Manager and players all coming out and saying about how good the fans are and how much it helps them.

Makes you wonder what it would be like if we could do it in tough times too, although I agree with Pearson when he says it's up to us to give the fans something to cheer about I also think the players could do with that more in a poor run, than a great one

Always said the players need us when it is going wrong.

Not just cos we are bottom but in any game we go a goal down.

The standing kop at filbo seemed to step it up when we went behind no matter what our league position.

Whatever the cost it is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount the club would receive for another year in this league.

Agree about the aptmosphere, hope we can crank it up another notch on Saturday.

Has someone eaten your last rolo Sylo? Tell Uncle Larry lol

The first pick up fine but the other dozen really are not funny.

No wonder some just read and never post on here.

Oh you can have all my Rolo's keep ur fvcking mits off my Dorito;s lol

FFS the maths on here is nearly as anal as the spelling with some.

This is a football forum and fvck all to do with the stock exchange or banking.

Some really need to get a life.

I don't take people as seriously if they can't spell or so basic maths.

I don't take people as seriously if they can't spell or so basic maths.

Just out of interest if someone that could not spell or add up saved your life would you feel any less about them if you found that out?

Did that club just spring up then? No coming up the football pyramid like we have.

Also the colours and shirts, surely they could've been more inventive than just use the sister club from Manchester.

Just out of interest if someone that could not spell or add up saved your life would you feel any less about them if you found that out?

I'd obviously be grateful, I wouldn't judge them on spelling though, it's irrelevant. This is football forum where we discuss stuff. if sumone talks lyk this and carnt spel anything ryt then I judge the value of opinion. It's not really a coincidence that the people that do this or type in all capitals or some stupid size 20 font for no reason often have extreme or in my opinion stupid posts. 

I don't know these people, it's just something that I do based on the little amount of information I have.

Did that club just spring up then? No coming up the football pyramid like we have.

Also the colours and shirts, surely they could've been more inventive than just use the sister club from Manchester.

There isn't a football pyramid in the states.  I presume there must be local amateur leagues, but there's no chain linking them to the professional tier.

There'd either have to be 50 divisons per tier or amateur teams would have to travel thousands of miles to play each other.

Ditching the clappers imo would be a serious mistake.

They create noise accross the WHOLE of the stadium. They have 'enabled' (rightly or wrongly) the majority to get involved with the chants, songs and enthusiasm that's being generated where I stand in SK1.

Pre - clappers we struggled to get the Kop involved at a lot of games (the drum has been a great addition also) but now the Kop, East & even West Stand are getting swept along.

The purists may prefer that the masses didn't need the clappers, but that really should be secondary when we are now achieving what of us wanted - a fantastic, intimidating atmosphere that pushes the lads on.

Don't mess with what's working.

Well said.

It's great to hear pundits, commentators and other Managers talking about our superb atmosphere lately.

I imagine we'll never get safe standing or ever return to the old Pen 3 days, so we'll have to make do with clappers to generate noise.

Just a shame some other fans on social media have sussed us out and royally taking the piss because it's artificial. But I can live with that. 

Atleast we haven't sunk as low as New York City FC. Dear oh dear lol

h

Bournemouth had song sheets when they got promoted the other day

Really? There is a line not to cross and songsheets are across it and beyond!

Archived