Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

listened to Talksport when I got back to my car - A Chelsea fan rang in to Collymore and at the end of his call said that the home fans were brilliant, best atmosphere he had heard from a home crowd for twenty years....so must have been pretty loud as far as the Chelsea fans were concerned

Not sure if serious but if so, that means it's being used correctly. Enough to boost the atmosphere and control tempo but not enough that it is overpowering. Decent.

I'm sure I haven't heard it from SK4. I'll keep an ear out tomorrow lol Usually just hear Jobber.

Thought the atmosphere, compared to swansea was very poor tonight.

When the team needed us the most, inbetween the drogba and terry goals, it was silent at times.

Compared to Swansea it wasn't as good. ItI was still pretty decent to be fair

Because it makes fans who sit at home with their Sky subscriptions feel left out. Like they are a different type of fan to the ones that go to games, get involved and sing.

Ah I see.

I don't know if I notice more just because it's us but when you watch us back on tv you can't ignore the sound the fans are making. When you watch other teams it's just background noise

Foxes fans have made Leicester City the best supported Premier League club in the Midlands this season.

The King Power has averaged a whopping 98.1% attendance this season - pipping Midlands rivals Stoke City, who have a 97.5% figure.

But Villa Park has been the least full stadium in the Premier League this season.

Aston Villa have been filling an average of just 77.7% of the stadium’s capacity this season, which equates to 9,521 empty seats per league game.

The club’s average attendance has been 33,161, according to the Premier League’s official figures, in a stadium with a capacity of 42,682.

Sunderland have the next lowest ratio at 88.6%, with an average of 5,550 empty seats a game.

Burnley come next (89.5%) followed by Hull (92.1%), Southampton (94.1%) and fellow Midlanders West Brom (94.8%).

The most occupied ground in the Premier League is Manchester United’s.

The average attendance of 75,329 represents 99.6% of the stadium’s overall capacity.

Arsenal and Chelsea also have high occupancy rates at 99.5% and 99.4% respectively.

Queens Park Rangers have the fourth highest average occupancy rate at 99%. Swansea, West Ham and Liverpool are tied in fifth place with an average of 98.6%.

Overall, Leicester lie in ninth place.

Club | Occupancy (%) | Avg attendance

Manchester United | 99.6 | 75,329

Arsenal FC | 99.5 | 59,994

Chelsea FC | 99.4 | 41,540

Queens Park Rangers | 99.0 | 17,820

Swansea City | 98.6 | 20,542

West Ham United | 98.6 | 34,861

Liverpool FC | 98.6 | 44,655

Tottenham Hotspur | 98.4 | 35,717

Leicester City | 98.1 | 31,699

Stoke City | 97.5 | 27,049

Manchester City | 97.2 | 45,380

Crystal Palace | 97.1 | 24,348

Everton FC | 96.9 | 38,359

Newcastle United | 96.3 | 50,402

West Bromwich Albion | 94.8 | 25,081

Southampton FC | 94.1 | 30,598

Hull City | 92.1 | 23,396

Burnley FC | 89.5 | 19,158

Sunderland AFC | 88.6 | 43,157

Aston Villa | 77.7 | 33,161

Simon Brotherton has commented in the build-up on BBC:

I was at the King Power Stadium two weeks ago for Leicester's 2-0 win over Swansea and left thinking if they can carry on playing like that, they'll surely manage to stay up. It was the most driven, committed, high-energy performance I've seen all season from any team - and any set of supporters.

Foxes fans have made Leicester City the best supported Premier League club in the Midlands this season.

The King Power has averaged a whopping 98.1% attendance this season - pipping Midlands rivals Stoke City, who have a 97.5% figure.

But Villa Park has been the least full stadium in the Premier League this season.

Aston Villa have been filling an average of just 77.7% of the stadium’s capacity this season, which equates to 9,521 empty seats per league game.

The club’s average attendance has been 33,161, according to the Premier League’s official figures, in a stadium with a capacity of 42,682.

Sunderland have the next lowest ratio at 88.6%, with an average of 5,550 empty seats a game.

Burnley come next (89.5%) followed by Hull (92.1%), Southampton (94.1%) and fellow Midlanders West Brom (94.8%).

The most occupied ground in the Premier League is Manchester United’s.

The average attendance of 75,329 represents 99.6% of the stadium’s overall capacity.

Arsenal and Chelsea also have high occupancy rates at 99.5% and 99.4% respectively.

Queens Park Rangers have the fourth highest average occupancy rate at 99%. Swansea, West Ham and Liverpool are tied in fifth place with an average of 98.6%.

Overall, Leicester lie in ninth place.

Club | Occupancy (%) | Avg attendance

Manchester United | 99.6 | 75,329

Arsenal FC | 99.5 | 59,994

Chelsea FC | 99.4 | 41,540

Queens Park Rangers | 99.0 | 17,820

Swansea City | 98.6 | 20,542

West Ham United | 98.6 | 34,861

Liverpool FC | 98.6 | 44,655

Tottenham Hotspur | 98.4 | 35,717

Leicester City | 98.1 | 31,699

Stoke City | 97.5 | 27,049

Manchester City | 97.2 | 45,380

Crystal Palace | 97.1 | 24,348

Everton FC | 96.9 | 38,359

Newcastle United | 96.3 | 50,402

West Bromwich Albion | 94.8 | 25,081

Southampton FC | 94.1 | 30,598

Hull City | 92.1 | 23,396

Burnley FC | 89.5 | 19,158

Sunderland AFC | 88.6 | 43,157

Aston Villa | 77.7 | 33,161

Really that means we're selling out pretty much every game. Segregation will reduce the amount of seats we can fill.

If we survive and our attendance figures continue as they are (none have been below 31,000) I think we need to consider expanding the stadium.

Really that means we're selling out pretty much every game. Segregation will reduce the amount of seats we can fill.

If we survive and our attendance figures continue as they are (none have been below 31,000) I think we need to consider expanding the stadium.

The longer we stay in the PL and continue the inevitable attempts to maintain a mid-table position without any hope of achieving anything more than a Cup win then I think the crowds will actually drop.

The longer we stay in the PL and continue the inevitable attempts to maintain a mid-table position without any hope of achieving anything more than a Cup win then I think the crowds will actually drop.

I think so too. Not by much, but the glamour will wear off.

Has anybody else noticed the last 3 home games in a row the announcer has said an attendance of 41,000/42,000. 3 times in a row WTF is he doing?

I thought this aswel. It really does sound like he is saying it's in the 40 thousands

listened to Talksport when I got back to my car - A Chelsea fan rang in to Collymore and at the end of his call said that the home fans were brilliant, best atmosphere he had heard from a home crowd for twenty years....so must have been pretty loud as far as the Chelsea fans were concerned

To be fair to Chelsea, they had the best away support i've heard all season

I could have sworn the drum was to the right of me (East stand) so assumed it was the one Jobber attempts to play.

Jobber hasn't drummed for about 6/7 home games now, sit right next to the drum, it's some other bloke lol

I genuinely think we have the relegation battle to thank for the better atmosphere. Would people really be getting behind the boys like they are if we were sat in mid table - probably not. We have a siege mentality and everyone is determined to survive. Gives us something to play for, even if it is the wrong end of the table. Same again next year please :whistle:

To be fair to Chelsea, they had the best away support i've heard all season

I think that's an indication of how poor the away support has been this season as I can remember looking over at them during the second half thinking they'd given up. I can't really remember hearing them until the last 10/15 minutes though I read somewhere (on here I think) that a Swansea fan said they'd stopped singing because our support was drowning them out so they just gave up. Maybe it's down to us that the away support has been so poor, the last few games have been superb but we've been good all season.

Archived