Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

Simon Brotherton writing for the BBC ahead of the Newcastle match...

"I was at the King Power Stadium two weeks ago for Leicester's 2-0 win over Swansea and left thinking if they can carry on playing like that, they'll surely manage to stay up. It was the most driven, committed, high-energy performance I've seen all season from any team - and any set of supporters."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32460323

Edit: Just realised this has already been posted. However, worth another read, I reckon :thumbup:

Enjoyed my visit to the KP on Wednesday. Great atmosphere and support from you lot. Best home support I've seen this season for sure.

Hope that you beat the barcodes tomorrow and you stay up.....if only because I'm a Londoner exiled to the Midlands so you'd be almost a local game. :)

Enjoyed my visit to the KP on Wednesday. Great atmosphere and support from you lot. Best home support I've seen this season for sure.

Hope that you beat the barcodes tomorrow and you stay up.....if only because I'm a Londoner exiled to the Midlands so you'd be almost a local game. :)

Cheers, mate. Hope that we play you next season (and we don't get two injuries in the first 20 minutes!) :thumbup:

I thought the clappers might take over the atmosphere but they don't, they've helped people get involved and it's gone around the stadium.

Genuinely, the last few home matches have been great to be part of, the crowd has been immense.

Very good again today, but the early goals eased the nervous tension around the ground. Not that I am complaining!!

Personally think the atmosphere in the Swansea was awesome, the best this season. The tension that day in the stadium second half was unbearable but fantastic at the same time.

Keep the clackers, worth every money.

I watched the match on a stream, and it sounded amazing. Back in the day, when I lived in London and went fairly regularly to games, I was always pissed off with the atmosphere, so great that it has started to build. Long may it continue - well, at least until I get back for match!

I do fear it will go back to crap when the clappers disappear. Is it something that Thais would commit to paying for all of next season? Probably not. Love them or hate them, the clappers have transformed our fans and given people confidence to actually join in.

Twitter is buzzing with praise from lots of Geordies, and everyone else really. Such a pleasure to read. The list could be endless...

Mattinho @MattyRowan98 2h2 hours ago

Leicester fans had the best atmosphere I've been to, fair play #nufc #lcfc

Chris Ford @ChrisFordTV 7h7 hours ago

Sometimes it's a pleasure to be in a stadium & feel the atmosphere of the crowd, Leicester City fans deserve to stay up. They've been superb

Emilio @Emilioreo 8h8 hours ago

How shit is the atmosphere at St James compared to Leicester, wow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although this guy clearly has his head in the sand lol

MizzVegOns @MizzVegOns 5h5 hours ago

Leicester r only Loud when they're winning.. Otherwise there's a lacking in Atmosphere @ King Pong Stadium #MOT

I do fear it will go back to crap when the clappers disappear. Is it something that Thais would commit to paying for all of next season? Probably not. Love them or hate them, the clappers have transformed our fans and given people confidence to actually join in.

They're a great way of getting the crowd into it but I don't know if I'd want them back at the start of next season. Could start to lose some of the effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although this guy clearly has his head in the sand lol

MizzVegOns ‏@MizzVegOns 5h5 hours ago

Leicester r only Loud when they're winning.. Otherwise there's a lacking in Atmosphere @ King Pong Stadium #MOT

That must be a joke because we were winning for the whole 90 minutes....otherwise I'm afraid he is an ostrich. 

They're a great way of getting the crowd into it but I don't know if I'd want them back at the start of next season. Could start to lose some of the effect.

That is true. I suppose the novelty will wear off and people wont use them if they are there permanently.

Our fans are massively getting behind the team and it's cool at the moment.

I couldn't be there today but my son told me it was very very loud and the atmosphere was superb.

Let's keep it going both on and off the pitch.

Went to watch Leicester today for the first time in 20 years today (a true plastic fan) as was in Leicestershire visiting parents. I went to filter street a lot in the Martin o Neil era and I ca honestly say I have never experienced an atmosphere like today. When cambiasso was subbed his reception as he left the field was incredible. Feel very priveliged to have attended and well done to all you regulars for making the atmosphere so good

Archived