Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

I wonder how enabling more people to make noise and actively support the team could be described as artificial......

Only saying what I've read many times on Twitter from opposing fans. Maybe they're just jealous?

Before the clappers nobody around me sang anything other than one run through of the Leo song and one go at cambiasso. Now they join in as much as they can.

If clappers Is what it takes them to get involved they can stay for a me.

I'd obviously be grateful, I wouldn't judge them on spelling though, it's irrelevant. This is football forum where we discuss stuff. if sumone talks lyk this and carnt spel anything ryt then I judge the value of opinion. It's not really a coincidence that the people that do this or type in all capitals or some stupid size 20 font for no reason often have extreme or in my opinion stupid posts. 

I don't know these people, it's just something that I do based on the little amount of information I have.

Fair enough the explanation is more clear than the original post.

You did make it sound luke you would not listen to anyone that miss spelled.

Not that I have found you like that in the past. :-)

First Person: 'Come on feel the noise at Filbert Way'

By Leicester Mercury | Posted: May 08, 2015

The Union FS-organised tifo at the King Power stadium before the victory over Newcastle

The Union FS-organised tifo at the King Power stadium before the victory over Newcastle

Comments (0)

The first time you feel it, you worry for your life. High up in a stand, surrounded by a mass of human life, you fear that the beams suspending you above the concourse at Filbert Way are about to give way.

On Friday night, I alerted two Australian travellers to this, in the hope that Leicester's players would put on a show and score at least once to bring upon a demonstration of my forewarning.

As it happened, it took 35 seconds for Patagonian Leonardo Ulloa to leap above Moussa Sissoko to nod home Marc Albrighton's corner and send (almost) the entire stadium into raptures.

The ground shook, as advertised. From that point on, it didn't stop shaking until about 2.40pm when referee Mike Dean signalled some temporary relief to Newcastle's misery.

Leicester's not-so-new home now is finally starting to produce atmospheres that compare to Filbert Street on a regular basis. It is packed to the rafters each week – a direct consequence of the provision of Premier League football – in both the home and away sectors.

Leicester's team has now seemingly adapted to the not-so-new Premier League season, and their "leave everything on the pitch" attitude is bringing points, and noise.

Newcastle fans hoisted a banner on Saturday stating: "We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries." While that statement cannot be levelled at Nigel Pearson's side – the team have given their all throughout the season – their recent form has undoubtedly augmented an already fervent atmosphere to fever pitch levels.

Feel the Force on Star Wars Day…

Feel the Force on Star Wars Day…

No love for the Empire? Fight it from 2nd-9th May with fantastic offers and free gifts for purchases over £50 at your local LEGO store – Manchester

Promoted by Lego

As happens each season, April and May come round and the games mean more.

Three points up for grabs, as usual, but time is running out. It's possible that that statement has never been more true than when talking of Leicester City's Class of 2015. Cut adrift and written off at the end of March, Pearson, his players and the fans have all pulled together and carried each other above the drop zone against all odds.

Pearson would be the first to say the job is not done yet. But if it is eventually complete, credit must go to the fans, too.

Away from home, Leicester's support has been impressive for a number of years.

This year, the Filbert Way faithful has been widely recognised as one of the best – if not the best – in the country. Led by the vociferous L1 and Union FS in SK1, the whole stadium has been on top form and with three massive home games to go, this must continue to get the lads over the line!

James Challinor is a member of Leicester City supporters' group Union FS. Follow them on Twitter: @filbospirit

Click here to watch the Union FS film of the tifo at the Newcastle match.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Come-feel-noise-Filbert-Way/story-26459146-detail/story.html#ixzz3ZXZ53Ktg

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

anyone know if we've got the clappers again tomorrow?  :unsure:

The guy from clap banners on the radio the other day said the club had expressed an interest for the remaining fixtures. If they're not, it's a signal someone at the club's a bit complacent and isn't towing the Pearson line of "We're not there yet"

anyone know if we've got the clappers again tomorrow?  :unsure:

If it means people around the ground contribute and we have a positive atmosphere then I hope so.

It might seem a little tinpot or tacky but there's no doubt the atmosphere is far better than it was two months ago. Not too much complaining, just singing, encouragement, energy from the stands. It has made a difference.

Does anyone actually mock us for having the clappers? All I hear from opposition fans and pundits/journos is that we create a massive hostile atmosphere that drowns out away support. Keep them, they're clearly doing more good than harm

I've had a few of my mates constantly taking the piss out of the #fearless obsession, which is fair enough because I would be doing the exact same if it was their clubs. Not too much stick about the clappers though.

Does anyone actually mock us for having the clappers? All I hear from opposition fans and pundits/journos is that we create a massive hostile atmosphere that drowns out away support. Keep them, they're clearly doing more good than harm

I look on twitter and there's the odd comment, but from fans of other clubs where home games are like sitting in a library.

I did reply to one of them and she replied "She was used to West Ham and Liverpool home games in the '00's" FFS I left it there.

Archived