Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

I look on twitter and there's the odd comment, but from fans of other clubs where home games are like sitting in a library.

I did reply to one of them and she replied "She was used to West Ham and Liverpool home games in the '00's" FFS I left it there.

lol

The 2000s must have been the worst in terms of atmosphere ever. At least now there are a fair number of groups across the country who are doing their best.

Does anyone actually mock us for having the clappers? All I hear from opposition fans and pundits/journos is that we create a massive hostile atmosphere that drowns out away support. Keep them, they're clearly doing more good than harm

the general pattern appears to be; 

see us "clapping" them on match of the day = call us the most tinpot club on earth 

sit in the away end and try and outsing us = go home and wank off over how good our fans are

ie. if you go on twitter and find fans of west ham, swansea, chelsea & newcastle they will tell you we are up there with the best fans they've seen at home in the "premier league era". then if you find some coventry fans or something who've seen a clip of an old woman in row A waving her clapper (not a euphemism) on match of the day where they almost mute the crowd noise they'll tell you we "deserve to be relegated for that atmosphere an dem clap fings". 

After traveling around the premier league this season, we are a breath of fresh air to the premier league.

Our home support is good, and after visiting Man U, Liverpool and West Ham, as well as many others, who have supposed to have great atmospheres, and in reality they are shite, we should be proud of our support home and away.

As for those fans, our own and the likes of cov, who call us tin pot, because of the clappers, I couldn't give a shite what they think.

I think there are annoying, but they have helped the kp's atmosphere, for those fans who feel like the don't want to sing, it encourages them to get involved in creating what we now have.

Don't care what any other clubs fans think of us, always been Leicester and proud, and always will be.

And to those cov fans, at least we have fans in our ground to create an atmosphere lol

After traveling around the premier league this season, we are a breath of fresh air to the premier league.

Our home support is good, and after visiting Man U, Liverpool and West Ham, as well as many others, who have supposed to have great atmospheres, and in reality they are shite, we should be proud of our support home and away.

As for those fans, our own and the likes of cov, who call us tin pot, because of the clappers, I couldn't give a shite what they think.

I think there are annoying, but they have helped the kp's atmosphere, for those fans who feel like the don't want to sing, it encourages them to get involved in creating what we now have.

Don't care what any other clubs fans think of us, always been Leicester and proud, and always will be.

And to those cov fans, at least we have fans in our ground to create an atmosphere lol

At least we have a Ground to have fans in to create an atmosphere.

I actually like the clappers, now that Mrs BROUGHTONBLUE has fecked off because she believes the grass is greener on the other side, I collect a few intact ones on the way out.

Making a lovely collage on the feature wall of our living room, that will seriously piss the bitch off next time she comes round!!!!

Just dipping my toes into the 'tinder' pool at the minute to see if there are any bites, hope to be posting in that thread soon!!!

I was a bit apprehensive when I first saw the #fearless tag - couple of bad results and potential for huge pi$$ taking along the lines of #helpless, #hapless, #useless  etc  etc. Thankfully, home results good so not happened. The clappers have allowed several fan sections to wake up.

I'm not actually bothered if we're mocked for the clappers, people are starting to mention the atmosphere and the crowd much more in previews and reports now saying what a huge influence it is. Most people don't even notice we've got the clappers, they just hear the noise and the commentators going on about the stand bouncing.

And I'll never listen to anyone from Liverpool or Chelsea moaning about the clappers, especially after the Anfield Library in January (the mobile library that came down here barely said a word either).

Clappers help the atmosphere.

Its a fact,like it or not,think its cringe then tough,think its not Euro standard then tough,think the ulttras wouldn't have them then tough!

The people who normally shout n sing still shout n sing but now the ones ho usually did fook all use the clappers....

Didn't seem as good today, don't get me wrong it was good, great in comparison to a what it was like but just not quite as rocking as it has recently.

Thats cos me and Tom weren't there, you local lads need to up your game :-)

Everything seemed subdued, the players 2 early goals but not the electric high paced start we've  had recently and pretty much just clapping from the fans

The clappers have done their bit in the relegation survival battle creating an electric home atmosphere that has carried the team to some good results. On that basis alone they've been a good thing for the club.

Once more, all you need to do is see what the Southampton fans in the away end are saying, not those who have seen pictures with no sound on sky sports news from their sofas.

As someone who has moaned about the atmosphere before and I will admit I look back at the 'old days' with rose tinted specs, I think the atmosphere has been brilliant.

The singing of the Esteban Cambiasso chant near the end, went round the ground and gave me goosebumps.

Got to admit the 'clappers' have really helped. It's got everyone involved, at least to the extent of hitting the clappers to make noise and I think it has actually go quite a lot of people to then actually join in the singing.

Let's win at Sunderland and then Jamie Vardy and the rest of us can have a party against QPR.

Our support was excellent again today I thought. 

Kasabian and Walsh on the pitch before kick-off got people going straight away again. 

Clappers are ****ing heroic in my opinion - said it before and still stand by it. Not even slightly bothered if it looks tin-pot, they have transformed our ground into a loud, difficult place to visit. 

They make enough noise that people normally worried about singing (being shy/embarrassed maybe?) can do so without really being heard by those around them. 

Makes for a superb afternoon out. As someone else mentioned - the Cambiasso chant today was spine-tingling. 

:chant:

Didn't seem as good today, don't get me wrong it was good, great in comparison to a what it was like but just not quite as rocking as it has recently.

The longer they are there the more people will get slightly bored of them. Add to that things don't seem quite as desperate as they did then things will die down. People are now expecting wins, performances and for us to stay us etc.

Archived