Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

To be fair I think nerves got to us a little today, after the Sunderland result came in we all knew we had to get a win today, easier said than done against a decent Southampton side.  

Saying that, once again I think we are holding ourselves to a very high standard, compared with most Premier League grounds we have been outstanding most of the season, and perhaps on this occasion we need to pat ourselves on the back a little bit more.

Let's hope we can enjoy a real party atmosphere against QPR eh?   :trumpet:  :scarf:  :trumpet:  :scarf:  :chant:  :scarf:

The longer they are there the more people will get slightly bored of them. Add to that things don't seem quite as desperate as they did then things will die down. People are now expecting wins, performances and for us to stay us etc.

Yep. Some **** who sits near me did nothing but scream abuse for about 80 minutes.

Two blokes in front of us didn't interrupt their pie eating to celebrate our first goal, and didn't return for the second half.

Literally no idea

Probably sat over the bog for the second half.

Best home atmosphere in the country at the moment.

There was a short spell where it seemed to be quiet but it wasn't really, that's just what it used to be like. Anyone who says it wasn't good today has got too used to how much our fans have stepped up recently.

So much energy around that stadium at the moment!

Wasn't as good as previously (I don't think Swansea will be topped) but there was one seriously loud "Boys in Blue" that seemed to include all stands.

Again, the noise before the game was fantastic just after the speeches.

Was definitely as loud as ever. Think people are just getting used to it now but it's bloody brilliant.

The clapping  was as loud and continuous  as ever but there didn't  seem to be as much vocal support.

First experience of them today, thought they were brilliant and certainly create a great atmosphere.

Back home now so not sure how long i can use mine before my missus clouts me during this film..,.

Watched the Everton game in the pub today with an old boy Forest fan (late 60's)

He watched the Chelski and Newcastle games and said we deserve to stay up for the party the fans have put on.

He said best atmosphere since standing and the best atmosphere he had ever heard on a prem game.

He walked out shook my hand and said best of luck and you stay up your fans deserve it.

Getting all kinds of stick on twitter for the clappers. Couldn't care less, no one has outsung us since we've had them, no better home atmosphere in the PL currently.

This ^^^^^, in the kop you never hear the away corner. That and the noise SK1 are feeding through the kop.

Keep it up, not just for this season either.

A few supporters came in the Kings after the game. A bit of singing was afoot. Someone put one of those clappers on my table (I aquired it after they left it) Did not realise they were just pieces of cardboard folded into a consatina with a rubber band on. I made one of my ownl

Couldn't really care about comments towards the clappers. It's boosted the crowd into making an awful lot of noise. Certainly in the Kop, they last twenty minutes before they are in bits.

Atmosphere is dying in this country. Some of the away visits have been like morgues.

Getting all kinds of stick on twitter for the clappers. Couldn't care less, no one has outsung us since we've had them, no better home atmosphere in the PL currently. 

Who gives a fvck what anyone thinks it is hostile and make a noise.

A forest fan I watched the Everton game with today say's we sound awsome and deserve to stay up for what the fans are doing.

He said best atmosphere on telly since standing.

First experience of them today, thought they were brilliant and certainly create a great atmosphere.

Back home now so not sure how long i can use mine before my missus clouts me during this film..,.

Shit did you drive? We could have car shared! Mind you it would have spoiled my demolishing 20 wings from Maryland on the way home.

Regards the atmosphere, it was one of the best i've been at. Really kills the argument that you cant sing or generate atmosphere sitting down. I was in SK1 and I cant remember a point in the game when the singing stopped.

Fantastic effort from the Fans again. It has to be intimidating for any visiting team while lifting our own players. Michael Owen said that he never seen anything like it from our Fans. That's something coming from a player who played in front of the famous Liverpool kop.  Keep it up lads.

A lot of compliments on the Saints forums, (including one who states  'the best fans at any away game this season'.

That 'we are staying up' in added time was amazingly loud....Hairs on neck stuff !

You mean this one?

This probably captures the sheer wall of noise better though...from about 1.20 in.

Next season we need to replace them with these

:appl:  :appl:  :appl:  :appl:  :appl:  :appl:  :appl:  :appl:

clappers

This.

Unfortunately people need gimmicks to get involved. Now that's not slagging the clappers off because they have created an incredible atmosphere what I am slagging off is the people who don't usually get involved and need said 'gimmicks' to get involved.

This.

Unfortunately people need gimmicks to get involved. Now that's not slagging the clappers off because they have created an incredible atmosphere what I am slagging off is the people who don't usually get involved and need said 'gimmicks' to get involved.

Why slag ANYONE off? 

Archived