Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Would anyone take a punt on Michu? Seems to have really struggled with injuries and not sure Swansea will offer him another contract. Would be a gamble yes, but if he rediscovered that form! Good article on the Beeb about him a week or so ago.

Tough one that. On his day phenomenal, don't know what's gone wrong with him or if he will get it back. Would be a great signing if he was out of contract but not if it would cost us a lot. Thing is if you got 10-15 good games out of him at that kind of form he was in at Swansea he would win us a load of points.

Yes a bit optimistic. Absolute genius of a player. 36 next month and still playing well.

I think we have to try everything to get Muntari. Played alongside cambiasso for 4 years, won the champions league playing together in midfield, they know each other inside out, and he's won a FA cup, has prem experience as well and only 30. Perfect signing and available at end of the season. Would be one of the strongest cm pairings in the league.

Forgot he played with nugent for a few years as well....

Getting Robert Huth on a permanent deal has to be the first call of business should we stay up, swiftly followed by getting Cambiasso's extension sorted. After that I'd like to see:

Another younger CB with top flight experience - Someone like John Brooks or Joel Veltman would be massively unrealistic shouts. Steve Cook is a player thats had big plaudits in the championship too.

Left Back - I was gutted we didn't get Cresswell last season. Perhaps we could give it another go getting him but unlikely. Tyrone Mings has had a brilliant season and looks a prospect. Jose Enrique with little pitch time at Liverpool? Davide Santon if Inter don't go for him after his loan?

Currents right back I could live with for another season.

Central Midfield - An upgrade on Dean Hammond. Think he'll be moved on once his contract expires but another in his ilk. Someone to do the simple, hard grafting work to a high standard. Harvard Nordveit was mentioned before? Would love Gary Medel off Inter but thats unlikely.

Winger/CAM - Another wide/attacking player to compliment Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp AND hopefully Knockaert. Someone with real flair and creativity.

Striker - With Kramaric and Ulloa added this season and with Vardy and Nugent stepping up well enough latterly, it will only be if a forward of real goalscoring pedigree becomes available that will move for them I think. Wouldn't surprise if went back in for Okazaki.

I don't think we need a full re-vamp. I think the last 3 games has showed our players can match the best on our day, consistency and bad luck have gone against us.

Starting from the back, It's clear to anyone than we have let in too many silly goals this season, so permanently signing Huth would be my first point of call. Next I'd say a replacement LB, someone with good PL experience and relatively quick. Id say the rest of the back 3/4 is okay ( I'd like to replace Morgan but i can't see Pearson doing that)

Midfield wise I do feel we have the quality in there, maybe like stated above a replacement for Dean Hammond, a more defensive style midfielder would be beneficial? But with Schlupp, Mahrez and Albrighton even nugent and vardy we have good attacking wingers and options.  

Forwards wise, Vardy and Nugent seem to be starting to find their feet in the PL, both put 110% every game and seem to be stepping up and scoring. Ulloa gives us a different approach and can finish, maybe not as clinical as one might like but still scores. It's clear to see that Kramaric has the technical ability, I feel Pearson is still trying to work out the best team to play him in, so would love to see him here next season.

So concluding I do feel we have a solid base of a team, adding a solid LB and maybe another keeper + CDM/CM, we would have a team to perform consistently in this league. 

lots of foreign players being suggested here

i think we need to stick to the basics recruit english players who are suited to the english style of play

Crouch is out of contract in the summer? Thoughts?

Excellent signing imo

Dele Alli looks absolutely miles above league 1 class whenever I've seen him, might be a big step up but could be worth a loan as a squad player?

Spurs has already signed him for this summer?

Well for starters as it stands we're still going down so wouldn't get over-optimistic. But forget the championship players we need experience that will come in and do a job for us. 

Van Aanholt if Sunderland go down.

Nathan Dyer

Charlie Adam

Well for starters as it stands we're still going down so wouldn't get over-optimistic. But forget the championship players we need experience that will come in and do a job for us. 

Van Aanholt if Sunderland go down.

Nathan Dyer

Charlie Adam

All good shouts, want Charlie Adam to be a target for us.

Dyer would be hard to get I think, Aanholt not so difficult if Sunderland go down.

Charles Aranguiz.

Reportedly available for £5,000,000. Arsenal are interested but if they don't make a bid then I'm sure we could fit him in our side.  :) 

26 years old and 31 caps for Chile so a perfect age and pedigree as Chile are an excellent side.

He's been described as a box to box midfielder and a playmaker.

When you see players like Derby's Will Hughes being valued at 15 mil then it's a no brainer.

YES.

Swerve Caulker. Fraud of the highest order.

Ironically though I'd take Leroy Fer. Think he's QPR's best player behind Austin. Don't think we'd have a chance of getting Austin either. He can do a lot better than us. Can see Liverpool going for him.

I agree with whoever said we'll go for Lambert. Didn't we want him when he was at Bristol Rovers?

Swerve Caulker. Fraud of the highest order.

Ironically though I'd take Leroy Fer. Think he's QPR's best player behind Austin. Don't think we'd have a chance of getting Austin either. He can do a lot better than us. Can see Liverpool going for him.

I agree with whoever said we'll go for Lambert. Didn't we want him when he was at Bristol Rovers?

Fer would be a great signing. I don't think they have picked up a single point since he got injured. No coincidence. Posted that earlier.

He's as underated as Caulker is overated.

How about ricardo alvarez if Sunderland go down?

If they stay up they put a clause they have to buy him from inter for 7.5m if they go down he would be available. Played with cambiasso for argentina and inter. Not really settled yet in the prem but not many players do immediately only went there on loan in Jan. You don't score 11 in 72 appearances for inter without having something. Another Argentinian, we've not done bad so far.

IF we stay up, and it remains a big if, we do need to sign a few more.

• Huth on a permanent. He's absolutely solidified the back four since he arrived and has quietly been one of our best signings.
  • Leon Goretzka from Schalke - a winger brimming with talent, still only 20 and not a permanent fixture in an excellent Schalke side. He probably wouldn't cost the earth, either.
  • Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht - only 17 and already watched by Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. Hugely ambitious, but would be an enormous coup if we pulled it off. We'd probably be able to offer him more football than the other sides as well. It worked with Kramaric!
  • Ings if Burnley go down. He knows where the net is, has already made it clear that he'll only go where he can get regular football and has the potential to get better and better. Plus it'd seriously piss Gravel Throat off.
  • I would have liked Olsson as a new left back, but he's not pulled up any trees in the Championship for Norwich this season. Slightly surprised nobody's been in for Tyrone Mings yet, he's worth a look.

You've been playing far too much Football Manager.

Goretzka and Tielemans? There's no way.

Dejan Lovren?

Good call.

Was a machine for Southampton and I think he'd thrive again being the big fish.

Would replace Morgan perfectly.

Wouldn't want to spend over about 8m though. Too much of a risk.

Archived