Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

FIFA 16

Shows how mad the world is going. Got to include womens football otherwise its sexist. I would suggest 90% of males wont be interested in playing with unheard of low rated female players and I really cant see this making females go out and buy the game. An absolute waste of money and resources which could be put in to improving everything that is wrong with fifa.

I literally cannot see the point. It can't be done from a business point of view. How is that a bigger selling point than having say Croatia, Serbia, the Ukrainian league or the Greek league on the game for example? Even most girls aren't remotely arsed about it.

I've no problem with women's football if people take it for what it is, but why is it being rammed down our throats?

Shows how mad the world is going. Got to include womens football otherwise its sexist. I would suggest 90% of males wont be interested in playing with unheard of low rated female players and I really cant see this making females go out and buy the game. An absolute waste of money and resources which could be put in to improving everything that is wrong with fifa.

Women do play football too you know? Maybe this will be the closest some get to seeing a real life pair of tits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32915815

International womens' teams will feature in the latest version of football video game Fifa 2016.

England captain Steph Houghton and her team-mates have been included along with 11 other womens' teams in several game modes.

Until now only mens' teams have featured on the popular EA Sports game which was first released in 1993.

"To be one of the first female players included is something we'll always be able to look back on," said Houghton.

"Hopefully it will help raise the profile of the women's game even further," added the 27-year-old Manchester City defender.

_83274012_stephhoughton.jpg

Do you think Fifa 16 has managed to replicate Houghton's look in an England shirt?

The game, which is due for North American release from 22 September, will feature several game modes including Kick Off, an offline tournament, as well as Online Friendly Matches.

Houghton will lead her country to the summer World Cup, beginning 6 June in Canada, with England to meet Colombia, France and Mexico in their group.

"Quite a few of us in the team play Fifa so I'm sure there will be a bit of banter about our ratings. I'm looking forward to scoring as myself for the first time," she added.

The womens' teams on Fifa 16

Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America

Fifa 16 designers have used American striker Abby Wambach - the top international goalscorer of all time with 170, according to the national team's website - to record the typical movements of a female footballer and players have been head scanned in order to create a lifelike look ahead of the September release.

"Bringing some of the best women's players and teams in the world to our franchise is a massive event for EA Sports," said David Rutter, vice president and general manager of EA Sports.

How can you moan about them being "unheard of" when most of the male players are only popular because of Fifa? 

Good move from Fifa and, in my opinion, it's nice to see them actually do something a bit different. 

Also, you'd assume that it would only be possible to play the women's teams against each other, so, in that respect, their ratings only need to be comparative to each other, not the men's. 

I'd be disappointed if they ridiculously over exaggerated the technical and athletic ability of women's football for novelty sakes but if it's an accurate representation then I have no issue.

How the **** is it being rammed down your throat? Is Saudi or Australian or Czech football being rammed down your throat if they feature?

Don't want to play women's football don't play it....?

It's obviously being used as a marketing gimmick.

Do you see it really bringing many in? Not going to claim I know more than EA but it doesn't strike me as being a brilliant selling point.

Stop the thought..

Women v Women ONLY

Sensible.

A large part of this has to be towards winning over female gamers and little girls, you open up say another quarter of the market into buying the game by giving them a reason to buy it, last season for me it was the stadiums, this season for many others it will be this. Just like the stadiums and many of FIFAs 'new' features though it will be glitchy and unfinished but just good enough to get you by until next year where they improve it slightly or add a new gimmick to keep the gravy train rolling.

Hopefully they'll stick with all twenty premier league grounds, I wouldn't mind maybe just for the English version having the championship grounds to.

I also wish they'd include the conference in the game, manager mode could do with an improvement seems so realistic. I wish it would be able for fifa and football manager to merge a game together.

I was meant to say unrealistic after improvement.

Not fussed about this, unless it pushes out another feature on 360... IF they even have a 360 version.

You could get FIFA up until 14 on the PS2 mate, no way would they drop last-gen theres still alot of 360/PS3s out there waiting to be milked

What this probably means is that theyve gimped on other things like developing career mode past a glitch fest or sorted out everything wrong with UT and online

Archived