Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Basically if Man Utd are going to spend a lot it's generally worth it. If Liverpool are it generally isn't. lol

A few expensive signings didn't work out for Ferguson. Look at Veron, £28million.

A few expensive signings didn't work out for Ferguson. Look at Veron, £28million.

Of course. It was more said in jest really. I think Ferguson's record in the transfer marker was quite sketchy. Veron, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Tiabi, the French defender who's name escapes me, Anderson. There's a lot of good, but a fair share of bad to, and a lot of money wasted.

Of course. It was more said in jest really. I think Ferguson's record in the transfer marker was quite sketchy. Veron, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Tiabi, the French defender who's name escapes me, Anderson. There's a lot of good, but a fair share of bad to, and a lot of money wasted.

Oh yeah I knew you were lol No worries I wasn't pointing out the obvious. What I meant was I think Veron is one of the more expensive signings that didn't work out. I know Forlan didn't work out for Manchester United but I think he only cost about £6million.

To be fair there's always going to be a few dodgy ones over a 26 year period.

To be fair there's always going to be a few dodgy ones over a 26 year period.

There's dodgy and there's dodgy though. See below for the most ridiculous. Could Newcastle, or Leicester or Stoke go and spunk £7m on someone like Bebe without serious consequences for the manager? Fergie was a great manager, but the job is made slightly easier when you can make 7 or 8 £6m-£10m signings of players who will never see first team action. Suppose you could say he earned that luxury though. 

He's not the only one anyway. Jose spent £16m on a left back last summer that he hardly used and has just sold back to where he got him from. It's one thing spending money, but throwing it around for no reason it's what's spoiling football. I'd rather we signed Sterling for £49m and play him, than Felipe Luis for £16m and not.

Bebe for £7m

Looks like Dyer is off..no real surprise.

Having to get some loan players in it seems (is it only 2 per squad in the Premier league?)

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2015/07/exclusive-lloyd-dyer-told-he-can-leave-watford-fc/

you can have two season-long domestic loans but not from the same team, international deals are essentially limitless as long as clubs keep in line with the quota of having a minimum of eight home grown players in their 25 man squads

Stoke now have 4 Champions League winners in their squad, more than Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool  :nigel:

who are the four?  bojan, afellay, guessing muniesa counts for being on the bench for a game or something stupid, struggling after that? 

Guest ttfn

who are the four? bojan, afellay, guessing muniesa counts for being on the bench for a game or something stupid, struggling after that?

Crouchy deserves a champions league medal

who are the four?  bojan, afellay, guessing muniesa counts for being on the bench for a game or something stupid, struggling after that? 

Marko Arnautovic with Inter in 2010, he even has it on his boots  lol

BXgsQF-CYAAhGGY.jpg

Guest ttfn

Marko Arnautovic with Inter in 2010, he even has it on his boots lol

BXgsQF-CYAAhGGY.jpg

Made 0 appearances in the CL according to Wikipedia

Archived