Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Based on exactly the same as saying "they'll go down". Absolutely nothing.

Really?

They've sold their two best players and they've lost out on Cleverly and they only just avoided relegation last season.

They're certainly one of the favourites. It's pretty silly to say that they're not to just be different which, lets be honest, is what you're doing.

Just highlighting what they've lost and ignoring what they've gained is counter productive. I think many people condemn them just because of what they would wish would happen rather than what will actually happen. Besides, tactics tim is perfect for them in getting the best out of their players. Only thing they really need is another striker and adebayor on loan would be more than cut out for bottom of the table antics. They could probably do with a right back as well and some better backups for the centre back positions, they're looking much stronger as a squad than last year but unfortunately for them it's without Benteke.

Our squad is pathetic.

A bit harsh me thinks. Not sure I'd agree that our squad is 'pathetic'.

We've got experienced internationals all through our squad and some real quality. I firmly believe there are three worse squads in the PL next season and therefore we'll stay up.

So Stoke have signed Afellay and we are struggling to get relative nobodies to turn their heads? I'm sorry but I'm having that. There's no way we are not attractive to potential signings if Stoke can pull that one off. There must be something putting them off because it definitely cant be the club, we are on par with Stoke at least. Are we being tight with wages?

So Stoke have signed Afellay and we are struggling to get relative nobodies to turn their heads? I'm sorry but I'm having that. There's no way we are not attractive to potential signings if Stoke can pull that one off. There must be something putting them off because it definitely cant be the club, we are on par with Stoke at least. Are we being tight with wages?

I don't understand this. We're not currently on Stoke's 'level' at all. Stoke has been a established Premier League team in recent years and finished top ten. We came up last season, were bottom for the majority of this season and finished 14th. It doesn't matter that we have Thai billionaire owners or a bigger stadium, for any player choosing between us and Stoke, they're a team who can offer decent wages and are much closer to a Europa spot than we are.

mr-men-mr-worry.jpg

They're (probably) only signing some Barca rejects because Hughes used to play for them.

I agree that their squad quality is relatively the same as ours, but we should've 'look up' to teams like Stoke as it's not the best way to progress.

We aren't. They are comfortably ahead of us.

We aren't. They are comfortably ahead of us.

I question that.

They may well be 'settled' in the league, but that doesn't guarantee that they'll progress as the seasons come by - look at West Brom (yo-yo).

They're currently trying to make themselves to look big in the media by their Owner saying he is aiming for European football and that Stoke are 'established' - which are quite dangerous things to say that these thoughts might make the situation go tits-up for them.

I don't understand this. We're not currently on Stoke's 'level' at all. Stoke has been a established Premier League team in recent years and finished top ten. We came up last season, were bottom for the majority of this season and finished 14th. It doesn't matter that we have Thai billionaire owners or a bigger stadium, for any player choosing between us and Stoke, they're a team who can offer decent wages and are much closer to a Europa spot than we are.

It doesn't matter that we have billionaire owners?! I bet Robinho, Tevez, Kompany and all of those said that before joining Man City when they were a mid table side. Something isn't right and it cant be the club.

why? Kante knows he can do better, to suggest he should be convincing us is ludicrous when we so obviously need him.

I cant agree with that. The Premier League is the main stage in terms of football. That itself should make players turn their heads. They should be queuing up for the chance to play for Leicester, we are a good club on the up with ambitious owners and a top class manager. We play Sunderland a week on Saturday and we have got Drinkwater, King and Hammond as our central midfielders. I'd rather avoid the deadline day panic buys if I'm being honest. Lets just identify some top class talent, pay the clubs what they want and give the players what they are asking for. We haven't got time for p#ssing about with cheapskating.

I cant agree with that. The Premier League is the main stage in terms of football. That itself should make players turn their heads. They should be queuing up for the chance to play for Leicester, we are a good club on the up with ambitious owners and a top class manager. We play Sunderland a week on Saturday and we have got Drinkwater, King and Hammond as our central midfielders. I'd rather avoid the deadline day panic buys if I'm being honest. Lets just identify some top class talent, pay the clubs what they want and give the players what they are asking for. We haven't got time for p#ssing about with cheapskating.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

It doesn't matter that we have billionaire owners?! I bet Robinho, Tevez, Kompany and all of those said that before joining Man City when they were a mid table side. Something isn't right and it cant be the club.

No, not when Stoke can offer similar wages and a top half finish.

No, not when Stoke can offer similar wages and a top half finish.

They can probably offer much better wages, they have been taking in the PL money for years without splashing the cash like crazy.

They have also shown what a player like Bojan can achieve playing for Stoke, Afellay has a very similar background and they are probably friends.

Stoke deserve a lot of praise for the way have progressed from championship also rans to established PL side including sacking an established and successful, if limited manager and appointing someone to take them to the next level.

Stoke aren't worrying about relegation, they're only looking at finishing further up the table. Whereas, things seem a bit up in the air here. Any agent that wants to keep their job will advise their client to hold out for someone other than us.

Some of my family (Nan, Grandad, Uncle, Cousin) are from Stoke and are fans.

Most of their players live in nice villages around the Macclesfield and Alderney Edge areas (Cousin, a Quantity Surveyor, helped with Ryan Shawcross's property design proposal), which are known for it's celebrity residencies and not too far of a drive from the Britannia; so luring players is not much of an issue.

They agree most of their fellow fans are deluded and expect better performances, even if they win.

Stoke aren't worrying about relegation, they're only looking at finishing further up the table. Whereas, things seem a bit up in the air here. Any agent that wants to keep their job will advise their client to hold out for someone other than us.

That's the thing,as long as we keep in the PL for a couple of more seasons,then with all the money we have a good chance of staying there.Won't win anything in the league.....but there is allways the FA cup,something i'd hope we can win.

This is the reason why Leicester city fans are a laughing stock amongst other Prem teams.

You think your bigger and better than most Prem teams based on absolutely nothing, it's laughable.

You think your the only team with a billionaire owner (peter coates is ) and ambition.

Stoke are an established TOP 10 team who were promoted the day Leicester were relegated to league 1 .

Stoke' and Leicester' squad are on par... Don't make me laugh you deluded idiot .

You fans realy do take the deluded mantle from west ham .

Archived