Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

If you're feeling nostalgic pop over to the Watford forum and have a read about what they're saying.

Basically the exact same things as we did last year (without having a record-breaking season to back it up though obviously).

Also seem to have some sort of weird Bournemouth hate akin to the dislike a lot have for Burnley here.

you can see why, Bournemouth will be the media's favourite and little smiley Eddie Howe will be lauded as some great even if they do get relegated.

Watford made their 11th signing today. Looking at them all though, they are all foreign, so how do they comply with the home grown players rule?

they only need like 4 I think and they've got plenty of English lads in there and from their academy. Deeney, Doyley, Cathcart of the top of my head and if things get desperate they've got Dyer. 

they only need like 4 I think and they've got plenty of English lads in there and from their academy. Deeney, Doyley, Cathcart of the top of my head and if things get desperate they've got Dyer. 

Hoban/Watson and Anya plus 3rd choice goalie Gilmartin.

We will manage - how many play is a different matter!

Up to 10 now but I still expect to see 5/6 players from last season starting at Everton.

Gomes

Cathcart/Angella

Abdi

Deeney and Ighalo/Vydra.

Villa won't go down.

Based on what though? In reality, they have a very inexperienced manager who's yet to complete on full season in charge of a team. They've let their three best players go and haven't replaced them with anything like the same quality or even at all. Add to that that they only just survived last season, it's not looking great. The name Aston Villa won't keep them up.

Villa won't go down.

I didn't think they would as for all the stick I give him I actually thought Sherwood would make something of the money. He could well do yet but Adebayor? That's a downgrade from Benteke for me.

Based on what though? In reality, they have a very inexperienced manager who's yet to complete on full season in charge of a team. They've let their three best players go and haven't replaced them with anything like the same quality or even at all. Add to that that they only just survived last season, it's not looking great. The name Aston Villa won't keep them up.

Based on exactly the same as saying "they'll go down". Absolutely nothing.

I didn't think they would as for all the stick I give him I actually thought Sherwood would make something of the money. He could well do yet but Adebayor? That's a downgrade from Benteke for me.

He's done quite well so far with the money, Amavi and Gueye are very good acquisitions. I don't really rate Ayew, but if he comes in with Adebayor then they should be fine up top. They still need a Delph replacement and some work to be done to their defence but aside from that they should be fine

He's done quite well so far with the money, Amavi and Gueye are very good acquisitions. I don't really rate Ayew, but if he comes in with Adebayor then they should be fine up top. They still need a Delph replacement and some work to be done to their defence but aside from that they should be fine

Fair enough. I don't think they're worse than Sunderland, who I believe will finish 20th.

What about Norwich as well. Who have they signed this summer? Don't look particularly strong to me although I refuse to write them off.

Nonsense. We're going down. We'll be the absolute laughing stock of the league next season. Our squad is pathetic. 

There was me thinking three teams went down.

Fair enough. I don't think they're worse than Sunderland, who I believe will finish 20th.

What about Norwich as well. Who have they signed this summer? Don't look particularly strong to me although I refuse to write them off.

They've signed Graham Dorrans and that's about it. Think they're after Brady too, look to be playing the summer market quite like us last year really

I think Villa will go down. They survived last season largely due to the new manager effect in March, but once that wore off they were poor again. Their last 3 games of last season were a 6-1 drubbing at Southampton, a 1-0 home loss to relegated Burnley and a 4-0 loss in the FA Cup final where they were, quite frankly, awful. Fair enough it was a pretty ruthless Arsenal performance but you see my point. Don't get me wrong I think Sherwood is a half decent manager, but with losing Cleverly, Delph and Benteke in this window I think they will have a very poor season. 

Based on exactly the same as saying "they'll go down". Absolutely nothing.

It's not based on the same though..

They *just* survived last season, by a very fine margin. They struggled to score for much of the season, and of their 31 league goals 19 of them were scored by players who have left (5/9 cup goals). Their captain has left, their star striker has left, and one of their key defenders has left. Their manager has never completed a full season at one club, and has never been in charge during a transfer window. They've made a few signings, but unless someone seriously steps up then there are still gaps from where others have left.

They might do alright - who knows - but there's a lot more evidence to suggest that they'll perform worse this year than last time out, and anything worse last year will lead to relegation.

The only thing in their favour is it looks like it might be a bit weak at the bottom end next year. But even then, Newcastle have a new manager so may well improve, Advocaat had Sunderland performing reasonably well towards the end of the season, us and West Brom will probably do alright (if we sign some midfielders), and the 3 promoted sides are a bit of an unknown.

I wouldn't want to be a villa fan right now...

Archived