Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Guest CityFan 06

@@lcfc81, ours and Villa's would be the two biggest grounds in the Midlands.

Villa - 42,785

Leicester - 42,312 (That's if there are exactly 10k seats added, as the current capacity is 32,312. But, of course our expansion could be bigger than 10k which would subsequently mean the KP stadium would be the biggest in the Midlands).

The expansion will be more than 10,000, they were planning the 10,000 expansion when we looked like we were going to be relegated. It will be 15,000 minimum or if planning cannot be granted a new stadium I know people are finding it hard to believe but you have to look at what the owners have had planned and how they are achieving it. We already have the fan base now for this to happen 

Guest CityFan 06

The expansion will be more than 10,000, they were planning the 10,000 expansion when we looked like we were going to be relegated. It will be 15,000 minimum or if planning cannot be granted a new stadium I know people are finding it hard to believe but you have to look at what the owners have had planned and how they are achieving it. We already have the fan base now for this to happen

Interesting. Like I said in this case, an expansion of 15k minimum would mean the biggest stadium in the Midlands. With continued success and high finishes in the Premier League I'd be hopeful we could get 40k+ home crowds on a regular basis.

I don't see why it has to go faster than 45mph even so £5.6million per mile when the track is already carrying freight.

£3500 per metre! Sounds a ludicrous figure with steel prices so low.

Guest CityFan 06

Maybe we're having a new stadium and not moving. We've all seen what spurs are doing. And if our new stadium is half as good as Spurs new ground, I'll be happy .

To be honest, the club (with planning agreed) could even re build the KP entirely, and re build it into a new ground catering for 42-45k, with the view for future developments. Again, perhaps a possibility but not sure of the feasibility in reality.

Maybe we're having a new stadium and not moving. We've all seen what spurs are doing. And if our new stadium is half as good as Spurs new ground, I'll be happy .

Be a ball ache if WE have to play our champions league games at Wembley midweek though, while they rebuild the KP.

The current location is good everyone likes it and the owners have got the money to rebuilt it, lets face it we stand to make an additional £200 million this season alone it only cost £30 million to build our current stadium. It'll be the planning thats the problem will the council want another 20,000 people leaving the area on match days? Vichai and Top would have to really do something big to win them over I think like donating millions to a local hospital or something similar?

Guest CityFan 06

The current location is good everyone likes it and the owners have got the money to rebuilt it, lets face it we stand to make an additional £200 million this season alone it only cost £30 million to build our current stadium. It'll be the planning thats the problem will the council want another 20,000 people leaving the area on match days? Vichai and Top would have to really do something big to win them over I think like donating millions to a local hospital or something similar?

(IF) we were to build a new stadium, having it on the current site or very near to it would be the best option if the club choose that route. Fans want to keep our ground within the heart of the city. And, like mentioned elsewhere if the club were to construct a new stadium like Spurs most would be satisfied I'd have thought. However, I get the impression a new ground is the secondary option, and expansion on the current is the priority, which I agree with.

Soulsby and co really would be pretty stupid if they stood in the way of major investment on this scale. The profile of the city of Leicester has never been greater thanks in large part to its football club (aka the Golden Goose).

(IF) we were to build a new stadium, having it on the current site or very near to it would be the best option if the club choose that route. Fans want to keep our ground within the heart of the city. And, like mentioned elsewhere if the club were to construct a new stadium like Spurs most would be satisfied I'd have thought. However, I get the impression a new ground is the secondary option, and expansion on the current is the priority, which I agree with.

Yeah you're right, expansion first but if planning becomes a problem I think they'll look to crack on soon I don't think this is something they want to hang around any longer with, considering the construction times involved they need to take action now otherwise we could find ourselves in a situation like we were 15 years ago relegated because we didn't move forward and a brand new stadium

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah you're right, expansion first but if planning becomes a problem I think they'll look to crack on soon I don't think this is something they want to hang around any longer with, considering the construction times involved they need to take action now otherwise we could find ourselves in a situation like we were 15 years ago relegated because we didn't move forward and a brand new stadium

Yep. I do hope expansion is given permission, as the current ground has seen some great history made within 14 years, and I feel more to come as well. It will be interesting to see what happens. 

Not sure if anybody posted this before but I was reading it yesterday and thought the idea was interesting at least. The story says 2 premier league teams have made inquires about it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

That looks amazing, has us written all over it as well 

Guest CityFan 06

Not sure if anybody posted this before but I was reading it yesterday and thought the idea was interesting at least. The story says 2 premier league teams have made inquires about it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

Thanks for posting this, a very interesting article about the potential of an entirely new stadia design, as well as documenting about clubs stadiums past and present.

Coincidentally, in that article it mentions about how a stadium of that new design can be built up to the capacity of 55k. (Hope I got that right) Well, to my understanding the KP stadium maximum expansion is indeed 55k, so if the club were looking at rebuilding on the current foundations, this could be something they may look at.

It looks as though this new design has all the right elements, including two key features of character and atmosphere. I mean, imagine our Kop end now with UFS - flags, a drum, wavers, tifo's etc. Would have potential to be superb. It'd be interesting also if there was the allocation and ability within those new designs for safe standing.

It's got exciting potential the new design but I still think the club's main option would be to expand our current stadium, which, all in all, I agree with.

Good job Waghorn is no longer here we'd all be in danger with that design 

I've had this wave design in my mind for a few years and always thought it'd be a great way to get the crowd closer to the pitch but had no idea as to how it could be achieved structurally. Glad someone has figured it out as I think it'd be awesome and overcome the issues of feeling disconnected from the field of play like in some large stadia.

I think getting songs going in that multi tiered bit would be almost impossible. How would you hear what the tiers above and below you were singing? And one Kop end wouldn't be good for us becasue we wouldn't get all the singers together in it!

The stadium design amplifies noise. You would hear everything.

The stadium design amplifies noise. You would hear everything.

It might 'amplify' the noise from the one tier stand behind the goal, but what I'm saying is the multi tiered sides wouldn't get anything going at all. Imagine bieng in the lower tier at WHL or Stamford Bridge, you can't hear what the top tier is singing at all, and this would be even worse given there's 5 or 6 tiers on each side. 

Archived