Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

It might 'amplify' the noise from the one tier stand behind the goal, but what I'm saying is the multi tiered sides wouldn't get anything going at all. Imagine bieng in the lower tier at WHL or Stamford Bridge, you can't hear what the top tier is singing at all, and this would be even worse given there's 5 or 6 tiers on each side.

"They also claim the design helps trap sound and amplifies the atmosphere generated by those present and that its smaller volume makes it cheaper to run."

That's what the report says. Only way to know for sure is to sit in one I guess.

Guest CityFan 06

Wonder who the inquiries could be from?

Everton?

Bournemouth?

Baggies?

Yeah, I'd probably say any of those clubs are possibilities. I've got a feeling we were one of the clubs who inquired as well. 

I don't care how it sounds it looks amazing, something like this would really help cement us as a top club. The only other team I think would enquire about this is Everton right capacity and Goodison Park is falling apart plus they probably have a bit of money behind them.

I reckon this would be around £250 million to build though!

Let's hope we're one of the 2 enquiring about it :D

I personally think it's a great idea. Bigger stadium, same space, more noise.

It's awful and would never be built in this country.

The strain of watching a game from that height and that angle would be terrible.

It's awful and would never be built in this country.

The strain of watching a game from that height and that angle would be terrible.

Yeah because all our stadiums are awesome and nobody has to watch the match from behind pillars and posts right?

That design is to show how big they could go. Ours wouldn't necessarily be that high.

Guest CityFan 06

@@Great Boos Up, love those pics mate. If the club did choose a new ground route and that's how the new stadium design could realistically look like, I'd be pretty happy. 

Guest CityFan 06

I have to admit I think I'd get vertigo up on that 6th tier! Still any seat is better than no seat at the moment lol

Yeah agree, while the view of the city would be good in the 6th tier, I'd much rather be in the Kop/lower tiers. And of course the view of the match would ultimately be better lower down if you were that high up.

Guest CityFan 06

To be honest it looks crap bar the stand behind the goal.

Fair enough. I do agree though, that stand behind the goal looks incredible. Spurs have something in a similar design to that at their new ground as I recall.

Fair enough. I do agree though, that stand behind the goal looks incredible. Spurs have something in a similar design to that at their new ground as I recall.

I like the idea but just think that though it may help keep the noise within the stadium the many levels will actually disrupt cohesion with the chants, plus it as a bit of a theatre look about it, I like to see big stands full of people. And it would kill the Mexican wave lol.

Guest CityFan 06

I like the idea but just think that though it may help keep the noise within the stadium the many levels will actually disrupt cohesion with the chants, plus it as a bit of a theatre look about it, I like to see big stands full of people. And it would kill the Mexican wave lol.

Alternatively, I'd still be happy with a double decker kop at the KP. These days with UFS, that stand would have the potential for some serious noise, and again, it would further establish our Kop end again.

I've said previously with flags, tifo's etc it's gone a long way into renewing our Kop end again, but an additional tiered Kop would both add to this even more, as well as adding to the atmosphere in the stand. The Kop can already make some noise when we want to, especially the roar of 'Come on Leicester' at corners/freekicks. Imagine that with two tiers singing it though.

Guest CityFan 06

Are we going to do a Fleetwood and name 1 of the stands after Jamie Vardy?

Not impossible. But then, at the same time, if we were to do that I'd like us to name our other stands after our former legends too.

• 1 month later...

Forget the transfer goings on for a second, is anyone else disappointed to not hear anything concrete about the expansion of the King Power or construction of a new ground? 32K is nowhere near enough. 45-50K is what we require.

Forget the transfer goings on for a second, is anyone else disappointed to not hear anything concrete about the expansion of the King Power or construction of a new ground? 32K is nowhere near enough. 45-50K is what we require.

I'd be amazed if we get close to 50k, 40k is more sensible but it's got to make economic sense, its a huge undertaking with only a relatively small financial reward.  Much more sensible to invest in the team that's where the return will come.

Guest CityFan 06

45k would be what I'd call a good expansion for us and that's why I would like to see personally. That would be 13k increase on what we already have. 

I'd presume, if that is the expansion, it'd be the East & Kop as double decker tiers joint together. Or even the East Stand as three tiers potentially. I'm sure I read a while ago, 45k will be the expansion for the club if it happens at the current stadium, and the East & Kop stands will be developed together. 

Archived