Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Guest CityFan 06

Eugh every time this threads comes back I get excited something's actually happening. 

:D  Me too

Guest CityFan 06

I've noticed that supposed fans village which was in use against Everton (h) last season, I'm sure it says it's a members car park now or a car park of some sort?

I've always thought that would be a good car park for expansion, due to it's size. However, driving down Filbert Way would be difficult for drivers...

Guest CityFan 06

For anyone interested, this is the up-to-date list of current English football stadiums by size. It gets updated regularly with club expansions & new grounds so it's quite accurate, as well as giving you information about expansion/developments in process. As you can see at the moment, Filbert Way is ranked 20th largest by size in England, out of 119 stadiums roughly. That's impressive to me, to think our ground is within the top 20 by capacity.

Based on the current statistics:

- If we were to expand to 42k, we would see the stadium go up to about 9th place in the list.

- If we were to expand to 45k, we would see the stadium go up to about joint 8th place in the list.

- If we were to expand to 50k, we would see the stadium go up to about 7th place in the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_England

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

Read the Merc article just now. I think personally I'd like to see the stadium increased to 45k.

42k would presumably be the East Stand with an additional tier, but my preference would be the 45k because then the Kop could have another tier as well. Those two expanded would look excellent. I'm sure I read somewhere that the Family/Kop and East could be in the plans, so essentially it'd be two stands involved with the expansion. That would be great IMO.

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

The foxes trust guy reckons there are no problems with the KP, well it may feel like home now, but it has plenty of faults.

Little surprised so few actually voted for the idea of a new stadium, I feel if the club involved the fans, we could end up with something to be really proud of. The certain aspects of the facilities at the KP are so behind the big clubs.

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The foxes trust guy reckons there are no problems with the KP, well it may feel like home now, but it has plenty of faults.

Little surprised so few actually voted for the idea of a new stadium, I feel if the club involved the fans, we could end up with something to be really proud of. The certain aspects of the facilities at the KP are so behind the big clubs.

Facilities at KP are so behind the big clubs, such as?

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

I dont think the facilities are poor and the issues that are there can be resolved such as the ridiculous queues for shiiite beer and cold pies by altering the facility and getting more staff.

The overall match day experience is a good one imo and with the addition of the fan park will only be better this season.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Facilities at KP are so behind the big clubs, such as?

Across the board, ie from, concourses, right up to boxes and hospitality, we are miles behind the likes of Old trafford, on the hospitality side, Arsenals and man city are miles ahead in terms of concourse.

Just my opinion of course, and it was a statement that lumped a lot of issues into one, but I really believe our owners have grander plans in place, they must look at places like arsenal and think, this is the life, ok, I don't want a 60k version that's half empty after 2 years of struggle, then again, I don't really want a 45k KP with 20k empty seats if we struggle as well.

It really must be a tough decision to make, yes there is a clamour for tickets now, but who knows what the future holds, look at the move from Filbert St to the Walkers, came 3 years to late really.

I'll chuck in Spurs and Chelsea with that as well, not now but there new grounds are gonna set the bench mark even higher.

We have a real fine balance to keep, maybe a new 45k with 2 tiers, and some serious business facilities that make our place somewhere that can attract business to venture outside london and manchester. The london clubs will always have that tourist income, I certainly think we could improve things to open up better streams of income even if we declined on the pitch.

We also don't want to dilute what has become an incredible home atmosphere.

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The fear with a new stadium is location. Our location is pretty good in comparison to many grounds across the country. 

This is it. The KP is in an ideal location, and very very near to Filbert Street which I think is important. Unless of course they rebuild the current stadium on the same site...

Guest CityFan 06
5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

knock the flats down. 

Build a new stadium where Filbert Street was. Go back to 4 actual stands. Make them massive.

Build the student accommodation where the KP is :D 

What would you call it? Still Filbert Street? It'd be nice to have a Leicester related name as our actual stadium name - Filbert, Fosse etc...

3 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

What would you call it? Still Filbert Street? It'd be nice to have a Leicester related name as our actual stadium name - Filbert, Fosse etc...

The Old New Filbert Street.

6 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Filbert's KP (nuts) 

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Across the board, ie from, concourses, right up to boxes and hospitality, we are miles behind the likes of Old trafford, on the hospitality side, Arsenals and man city are miles ahead in terms of concourse.

Just my opinion of course, and it was a statement that lumped a lot of issues into one, but I really believe our owners have grander plans in place, they must look at places like arsenal and think, this is the life, ok, I don't want a 60k version that's half empty after 2 years of struggle, then again, I don't really want a 45k KP with 20k empty seats if we struggle as well.

It really must be a tough decision to make, yes there is a clamour for tickets now, but who knows what the future holds, look at the move from Filbert St to the Walkers, came 3 years to late really.

I'll chuck in Spurs and Chelsea with that as well, not now but there new grounds are gonna set the bench mark even higher.

We have a real fine balance to keep, maybe a new 45k with 2 tiers, and some serious business facilities that make our place somewhere that can attract business to venture outside london and manchester. The london clubs will always have that tourist income, I certainly think we could improve things to open up better streams of income even if we declined on the pitch.

We also don't want to dilute what has become an incredible home atmosphere.

UEFA have been in, in recent weeks and numerous upgrades have been made throughout the Stadium to make sure the Ground makes the bench mark for CL Games.

Manchester City have has numerous improvements on concourse due to the new Stand(s) being built too no doubt ours will receive some upgrade soon.. 

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

UEFA have been in, in recent weeks and numerous upgrades have been made throughout the Stadium to make sure the Ground makes the bench mark for CL Games.

Manchester City have has numerous improvements on concourse due to the new Stand(s) being built too no doubt ours will receive some upgrade soon.. 

What upgrades, out of interest?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

knock the flats down. 

Build a new stadium where Filbert Street was. Go back to 4 actual stands. Make them massive.

Build the student accommodation where the KP is :D 

You're  probably not being serious but there was a reason why we moved and that hasn't  changed.

As for expand v new build there's  no reason why if done properly you couldn't have in effect a new stadium through the process of expansion, do you think the likes of Old Trafford  bears any resemblence to the original stadium?

The current location is fantastic for access from the city centre/train station  but something really needs to be sorted out for those who drive in.

Parking is already horrendous. I understand plans are afoot to make some of the side streets off Aylestone Rd residents only, which is fair enough they live there we play at home on 20 something days a year.

If we add another 10 to 15000 onto our current capacity there will be chaos.

Just now, Livid said:

The current location is fantastic for access from the city centre/train station  but something really needs to be sorted out for those who drive in.

Parking is already horrendous. I understand plans are afoot to make some of the side streets off Aylestone Rd residents only, which is fair enough they live there we play at home on 20 something days a year.

If we add another 10 to 15000 onto our current capacity there will be chaos.

Where ever it is parking will always be a problem even an out of town site which would inevitable mean more cars would be horrendous with 40k people all leaving at once.

Archived