Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

I heard a rumour today from somebody who is usually spot on that city have bought land in syston for a whole new stadium. Anybody else heard this?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for sites, there is a fair chance planning would not be granted for the KP extension 

I heard a rumour today from somebody who is usually spot on that city have bought land in syston for a whole new stadium. Anybody else heard this?

Wtf. Now although handy for me. Why?

Syston doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with something like that and it wouldn't make sense to take the club that far out the city either.

Although if it was true. I'm. Buying a boozer in Syston. Like now. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for sites, there is a fair chance planning would not be granted for the KP extension 

Disagree with this . The city council want the club to stay within the city limits just as they did with the new stadium . It's all part of the heritage of the city that they are so keen to promote. What do you base your doubts about any planning permission ? as far as I know no one has any knowledge about that matter at all . It just conjecture on a fans website ?

Disagree with this . The city council want the club to stay within the city limits just as they did with the new stadium . It's all part of the heritage of the city that they are so keen to promote. What do you base your doubts about any planning permission ? as far as I know no one has any knowledge about that matter at all . It just conjecture on a fans website ?

Planning permission to extend won't be easy to get I don't think. Not saying it's impossible - but they'll be an awful lot of objections from residents over traffic and parking l, especially given we never actually met all the requirements laid out when we go the original permission 15 years ago.

I can imagine the local "offside' protest group who were strongly involved in preventing the development  of Filbert St and Bede Island are already sharpening their knives  readying to pounce the minute anything official is announced.

I can imagine the local "offside' protest group who were strongly involved in preventing the development of Filbert St and Bede Island are already sharpening their knives readying to pounce the minute anything official is announced.

They need to be shown the red card lol

Moving the ground out of town would ruin the 'match day experience' for me. A large amount of what I enjoy about home games would be lost, the buzz around town, the good range of pubs/places to eat the walk to the KP down Burnmoor street past the old ground etc. 

If you think you'll enjoy yourself as much sat on a poorly designed park and ride system out to a new ground next to some industrial park, you're only kidding yourself. 

They need to be shown the red card lol

Aye

At least Mary Draycott the main protagonist and lead spokesperson against  lcfc's development plans is no longer a councillor 

Moving the ground out of town would ruin the 'match day experience' for me. A large amount of what I enjoy about home games would be lost, the buzz around town, the good range of pubs/places to eat the walk to the KP down Burnmoor street past the old ground etc. 

If you think you'll enjoy yourself as much sat on a poorly designed park and ride system out to a new ground next to some industrial park, you're only kidding yourself. 

Bang on, part of what we have created now, is the fact that it isn't a million miles away from where we were before, infact if we could just get the owners to do something with Filbert St, ie the fans village be sited there, then that would be ideal.

Is this something that has been raised at the meetings at all?

Guest CityFan 06

I think the consensus is that a vast majority of fans like myself would like us to stay in the heart of the City. I still believe if we develop the KP, add a few additional tiers in the near future, and then redevelop the Filbert Street site, then lots will be very pleased. The KP Stadium has so much potential in my view, to both improve and look more unique to our club. With time I think the current ground can be seen as something to be proud of, a ground unique to us. I like the Filbert Way correlation too.

I live in Syston and the idea that a football stadium could be located there is utterly hilarious.

Can just imagine the Dog & Gun serving all the fans on a match day. Away fans would be in the Mansah Lounge at £2 a pint.

I live in Syston and the idea that a football stadium could be located there is utterly hilarious.

Can just imagine the Dog & Gun serving all the fans on a match day. Away fans would be in the Mansah Lounge at £2 a pint.

Dog's better than having to put up with the miserable cow in the Vic. lol

Mansah has now been super seeded by the new railway hasn't it.

Guest CityFan 06

Unless they could rebuild a new stadium on the the current foundations at Filbert Way? That way they'd have a new ground still located in the city.

If so, I suppose there would still be limitations with the capacity but they'd probably build it with a 42-45k capacity to start with.

Dog's better than having to put up with the miserable cow in the Vic. lol

Mansah has now been super seeded by the new railway hasn't it.

God knows. Haven't been in either in years!

Something tells me that they'd need to increase the Ivanhoe line from two carriages for this.

Also looking forward to seeing fans from Europe negotiate the new roundabout in Syston.  lol

Unless they could rebuild a new stadium on the the current foundations at Filbert Way? That way they'd have a new ground still located in the city.

If so, I suppose there would still be limitations with the capacity but they'd probably build it with a 42-45k capacity to start with.

Where would we play in the meantime? They're having a laugh if they think we'll ground share with Cov for 2 seasons at least! 

God knows. Haven't been in either in years!

Something tells me that they'd need to increase the Ivanhoe line from two carriages for this.

Also looking forward to seeing fans from Europe negotiate the new roundabout in Syston. lol

That roundabout in syston has to be the most poorly designed death trap ever, they have made a monumental cock up of that new ish roundabout system. Poorer by some distance than what was there already

Archived