Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Can't see much past an extension of existing ground to take capacity up to c42,000 .....     then reassessed after another season if we fill it for every home game.

Remember the owners have a long term plan and although we've jumped forward a bit this season ( :scarf: ) ....    can't see them deviating too much from that. 

Guest CityFan 06

Where would we play in the meantime? They're having a laugh if they think we'll ground share with Cov for 2 seasons at least!

Didn't think of that. Not sure where we'd play in the meantime if it ever happened. Of course, if the club moved to Syston then we'd continue to play at the KP until the new ground would be completed.

Guest CityFan 06

Just had a look on a ground developments page for clubs across England, and it does say that for us, expansion is likely for the East and Kop stands. I know we already knew this but would we welcome both the East and Kop as two tiers?

It did occur to me that we could expand the Family and Kop and have two proper ends for our ground. I'd love that. As Sol (I think) said, if the Family Stand was called the Filbert Street End and we keep the name of the Kop, it'd be great in my opinion. We'd have two proper 'behind the goal' stands.

Unlikely I know, as the East Stand seems the most likely for expansion, and of course this is assuming we actually stay in the current stadium.

Stupid if they are even contemplating this idea

Might aswell move to Loughborough in that case NOT

Stay in the City please Leicester

Where would we play in the meantime? They're having a laugh if they think we'll ground share with Cov for 2 seasons at least!

Groundshare with Forest?  :ph34r:

Blimey the only good thing about ashby is the road out of it

:whistle:

I don't want to live there I just want to get to the footy without catching 3 buses just cos I fancy a drink!

You are obviously not a fan of a good Saturday night on the steam!   

;)

This is too weird. It felt dirty when we used it for the home leg of the First Division play off semi when the Carling Stand was being built!

Although Joachim didn't seem to mind.

Pompey. I was in the states at the time.

Anyway back to the stadium

We need to get a shift on with this expansion malarkey IMO

Agreed. Players come and go, the teams fortunes rise and fall but infrastructure lasts generations. 10 years ago we couldn't afford a tin of beans, 10 years from now it might be the same again. Now we have money and sponsorship opportunities we could not have dreamt of before. Let's cash in!

FYI Ashby is lovely but the public transport links to Northwest Leicestershire are totally shabby. The nearest Railway station is in Loughborough..... 

Guest CityFan 06

I think as a club, an expansion to the stadium will take us to that next level of stature. I know ultimately you've got to win trophies, but to me expanding the stadium to 40k+ is setting ourselves on a high level, allowing for our wanted destiny of winning trophies, big european nights, and success. With an even bigger fanbase to allow for this too. We would be setting our ambitions high for the future to become a bigger club. We're not small by any means, but I do feel we can take ourselves to the next level, and establish ourselves as a bigger club.

Like I mentioned above, for the actual expansion, I've come to the idea that I'd like us to expand the Family and Kop stands, and have two proper home ends. Would look superb IMO and the ground would create itself some own uniqueness. 

Archived